Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-13-2017, 11:21 PM   #29
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Great looking car, for some reason I really like black cars.
Attached Images

OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 06:22 AM   #30
Cenafan85

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicktag28 View Post
So i just bought my Camaro. It's a 2011 v6 automatic. It's my first new to me car that isn't an 1888 rust bucket. I don't know alot about cars and I'm* currently trying to learn as a hobby, so sorry if ask any dumb question. This car is my daily driver.

• so how do I know if I have the 1lt or the 2lt package? I read the 2lt comes with leather seats a backup camera Bluetooth and fog lamps. I have Bluetooth* (audio only No media) and the fog lamps. But no leather seats or back up camera.

• Bluetooth is static. When I connect my galaxy s7 to Bluetooth and make a call all I get is static. Anyone know if this is fixable or should I take it to the dealership? And is their a way to upgrade the Bluetooth for media?

• should I use premium gas? Owner manual says to use 87 or above. Alot of the stuff I read on here it seems alot if people use up to 93 octane. The highest I've seen in my town is 91 but I currently use mid grade 89. Should I upgrade to premium 91?

• washing. I was reading the washing and detailing sub and I was curious if I do the detailing once a year how it says to on the sub, how often can I just soap it up and scrub it without the detailing?

• winter time? This is my daily driver and it's stored outside. I drive 40 minutes to work and in the winter sometimes it gets pretty snowy/icy/slushy. First how does this car handle in the winter? Should I get snow tires or chains? Or use another vehicle? Also should I get a car cover? Since it's stored outside I want to protect it from the elements so I was thinking if getting a car cover and covering it every night and day when it's not in use.

• volume control. They said this vehicle is all gm stock parts. I'm not sure what kind of speakers these have but I'm notrious for blowing car speakers. Should I upgrade these speakers before I blow them? I try not to listen with the volume above 27ish right now.

• the switchblade key with all the buttons doesn't have a key in it. I like the switchblade key lol where could I take it to have them put a key in this thing?

• are their any first things I should be doing since I bought this car? Besides adding my radio presets lol
I'm not quite ready to mod it up, if I did It's gonna be cosmetic and not mechanical. What are some cool things I can add to the interior for a more comfortable drive? The only outside mods I can think of wanting to do is black out my rims and get some halo headlights.

Yeah probably alot of dumb questions but If anyone has a few answered it would be much appreciated thanks!!

* Sorry for the long post. A few pics attached. Thanks.
Yes you should use premium gas. With the weight savings of a lighter wallet, the car will go faster
Old 09-14-2017, 08:13 AM   #31
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
So i just bought my Camaro. It's a 2011 v6 automatic. It's my first new to me car that isn't an 1888 rust bucket. I don't know alot about cars and I'm* currently trying to learn as a hobby, so sorry if ask any dumb question. This car is my daily driver.

• so how do I know if I have the 1lt or the 2lt package? I read the 2lt comes with leather seats a backup camera Bluetooth and fog lamps. I have Bluetooth* (audio only No media) and the fog lamps. But no leather seats or back up camera.

I'm not quite ready to mod it up, if I did It's gonna be cosmetic and not mechanical. What are some cool things I can add to the interior for a more comfortable drive? The only outside mods I can think of wanting to do is black out my rims and get some halo headlights.

Yeah probably alot of dumb questions but If anyone has a few answered it would be much appreciated thanks!!

The RPO codes will list a 1LT or 2LT. It's under the mat on the left side of the trunk.

You can ask Matthew9440 to send you your build sheet explaining all those codes:
Anybody need a build sheet?

The first thing I did to my Camaro was a set of Drake billet pedal covers. The only drilling with the Drakes are two holes through the plastic throttle.
Attached Images

Old 09-14-2017, 08:54 AM   #32
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
Why is this so funny?

With direct injection, fuel doesn't get a chance to clean the back of the intake valves like it does in port injection. Over time, the back of the intake valves build up carbon deposits that can impede air flow into the cylinder making combustion less efficient.

Since the OP has the LFX which has direct injection, I think it would be a good idea to invest in a catch can.
All that is true for a DI and/or boosted engine, but you haven't followed JLSuperfly's catch can posts like I do. He was being facetious.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 01:50 AM   #33
rocknroll_jeph

Drives: 11 Camaro V6 RS, 03 BMW Z4
Quote:

• Bluetooth is static. When I connect my galaxy s7 to Bluetooth and make a call all I get is static. Anyone know if this is fixable or should I take it to the dealership? And is their a way to upgrade the Bluetooth for media?

• should I use premium gas? Owner manual says to use 87 or above. Alot of the stuff I read on here it seems alot if people use up to 93 octane. The highest I've seen in my town is 91 but I currently use mid grade 89. Should I upgrade to premium 91?

• washing. I was reading the washing and detailing sub and I was curious if I do the detailing once a year how it says to on the sub, how often can I just soap it up and scrub it without the detailing?

• winter time? This is my daily driver and it's stored outside. I drive 40 minutes to work and in the winter sometimes it gets pretty snowy/icy/slushy. First how does this car handle in the winter? Should I get snow tires or chains? Or use another vehicle? Also should I get a car cover? Since it's stored outside I want to protect it from the elements so I was thinking if getting a car cover and covering it every night and day when it's not in use.

• volume control. They said this vehicle is all gm stock parts. I'm not sure what kind of speakers these have but I'm notrious for blowing car speakers. Should I upgrade these speakers before I blow them? I try not to listen with the volume above 27ish right now.

• the switchblade key with all the buttons doesn't have a key in it. I like the switchblade key lol where could I take it to have them put a key in this thing?

• are their any first things I should be doing since I bought this car? Besides adding my radio presets lol

Congrats on getting a great car for a great price. I see all your questions have been answered and I just want to offer some of my own experiences for you to consider.

I didn't see if your car was auto or manual, but if you are going to be doing any modifications, I would recommend mechanical- there are some very easy things I did to my 2011 V6 to wake it up- the Vitesse throttle controller and Hypertech Power Programmer (or similar). They are both easy to install or to uninstall if needed. My car feels much more responsive and precise after adding those and I think they gave me the best feeling for around paid. I also tuned my car for 91 octane gas as well as the car's transmission shift points with the power programmer.

I love the black paint, my old car was black and I know it takes a lot of work to keep it looking nice, get ready to be mindful for scuff and swirl marks, keep your sponges and washing materials as clean as you can and always use the 2 bucket system.

Finally, I have learned so much from the members of this forum, and everyone here is ready to help you if you have questions.
rocknroll_jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 12:03 PM   #34
JKHolman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT stick
...aint she sweet?...

Nicktag28,

congratulations on the new Camaro. When I bought my 2013 1LT the first week of August, it was in great shape and the Tysinger people treated me so well, it felt like a new car.
I found the V6 provided me plenty of power for my daily needs. No racing, but plenty for passing on the rural routes and merging on the onramps.
Yours is pretty and you are going to want to keep her that way. As mentioned by others, a wash with wax (by hand, I get the guys at the Korner Wash & Wax to do Claudine) at least once a year is needed.
You are going to love your Camaro. In a few years (if not sooner), you may want an SS. Learn to drive a stick by then. You will be glad you did. Until then, enjoy your brand new Camaro.
Old 09-15-2017, 12:19 PM   #35
Vengeance Graphix

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
Congrats on the new ride!
Old 09-15-2017, 02:32 PM   #36
Nicktag28

Drives: 2011 camaro v6
Quote:
Originally Posted by naikaidriver View Post
Wow, you do have a lot of questions and I'll do what I can to answer as many as possible.

Sounds like you have the 1LT. I really wouldn't lose too much sleep over it. As long as your car is what YOU want, 1LT/2LT/1LS/2LS is just for resale value and internet bragging.

Sounds like your Bluetooth unit is not working properly and it's a common problem with the early 5th gens. Mine didn't work at all when I bought the car so I had the dealer replace it.

There is no good reason to justify the extra cost in running premium or mid-grade fuel in your car... period. If you want to spend the extra money because it makes you "feel good", that's completely up to you.

Everyone has their own car-care rituals but I like to do two, deep cleanings and hard wax of the paint per year. Other than that, monthly soft, liquid wax and just regular washing to keep it clean. You know... 'cause black cars.

Others may feel differently about this but my personal opinion is skip the chains and get a good set of studded snow tires especially if you're new to driving in the snow or ice. If you can afford it, get them mounted to their own set of wheels to make the change more convenient every year.

Not my area of expertise for many years.

Dealership

Full maintenance, fluids, brake check, filters... if you have the skills and tools, do it yourself. If you do not have the skills and tools, buy the tools, get a book, go on YouTube and learn. There is no replacement for knowing your own vehicles!

Up to you just please don't plastidip your damn wheels.

Good luck and welcome to the club!

Scott
I responded with a quick reply, but im not sure what happened to that lol. Anyways thanks a ton for all the information. I appreciate all the time you took to answer my questions!! I'll definitely keep all this in mind and start properly taking care of the car! Thanks again!!
Nicktag28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 02:33 PM   #37
Nicktag28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog1982 View Post
Take a torch to the regular looking key and melt the plastic off. What's left is the insert key for the fob. It just slides in and you need a small roll pin from a hardware store to lock it in place. **if your car turns off and you wreck, I was never here!!**
Haha that sounds a little ghetto, but i mean if it works it works lol.
Old 09-15-2017, 02:35 PM   #38
Nicktag28

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSS View Post
Great looking car, for some reason I really like black cars.
Thanks and ditto. Sweeeet ride man!
Old 09-15-2017, 02:36 PM   #39
Nicktag28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenafan85 View Post
Yes you should use premium gas. With the weight savings of a lighter wallet, the car will go faster
Hahahaha great advice thank you lol
Old 09-15-2017, 02:38 PM   #40
Nicktag28

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFred View Post
The RPO codes will list a 1LT or 2LT. It's under the mat on the left side of the trunk.

You can ask Matthew9440 to send you your build sheet explaining all those codes:
Anybody need a build sheet?

The first thing I did to my Camaro was a set of Drake billet pedal covers. The only drilling with the Drakes are two holes through the plastic throttle.
Cool this is what I was looking for. Thanks! Pedals are definitely high on the list of first purchases lol. Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 09-15-2017, 02:42 PM   #41
Nicktag28

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknroll_jeph View Post
Congrats on getting a great car for a great price. I see all your questions have been answered and I just want to offer some of my own experiences for you to consider.

I didn't see if your car was auto or manual, but if you are going to be doing any modifications, I would recommend mechanical- there are some very easy things I did to my 2011 V6 to wake it up- the Vitesse throttle controller and Hypertech Power Programmer (or similar). They are both easy to install or to uninstall if needed. My car feels much more responsive and precise after adding those and I think they gave me the best feeling for around paid. I also tuned my car for 91 octane gas as well as the car's transmission shift points with the power programmer.

I love the black paint, my old car was black and I know it takes a lot of work to keep it looking nice, get ready to be mindful for scuff and swirl marks, keep your sponges and washing materials as clean as you can and always use the 2 bucket system.

Finally, I have learned so much from the members of this forum, and everyone here is ready to help you if you have questions.
Awesome thanks alot, great information ill check those suggestions out! I'll definitely use the 2 bucket system and make this baby shine lol. Yeah this is my first post I can't believe how many responses I got haha. Thanks again!
Old 09-15-2017, 02:46 PM   #42
Nicktag28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKHolman View Post
Nicktag28,

congratulations on the new Camaro. When I bought my 2013 1LT the first week of August, it was in great shape and the Tysinger people treated me so well, it felt like a new car.
I found the V6 provided me plenty of power for my daily needs. No racing, but plenty for passing on the rural routes and merging on the onramps.
Yours is pretty and you are going to want to keep her that way. As mentioned by others, a wash with wax (by hand, I get the guys at the Korner Wash & Wax to do Claudine) at least once a year is needed.
You are going to love your Camaro. In a few years (if not sooner), you may want an SS. Learn to drive a stick by then. You will be glad you did. Until then, enjoy your brand new Camaro.
Thank you! Yeah the V6 is perfect for a daily driver and i'm definitely gonna keep her waxed and cleaned :p I do know how to drive stick but if i do eventually want to get an SS (provided the wife lets me haha) then i'll definitely want to learn how to drive stick competitively haha. Thanks again i appreciate it!