The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions

Old 03-04-2015, 04:07 AM   #1
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
when should i take delivery / allocation question

ordered a C7 March 2, 2015 (this past Monday).

Dealer said i am 3rd in line for a allocation spot. Which is ok with me because I am in no rush to get this car. I know this may vary per dealer, just wanted to get some insight from people who had to deal with allocation spots.
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 06:30 AM   #2
Joe Stingray
Master of All Things

Drives: 2019 Stingray 2LT
like you said, it varies per dealer. to get an idea, what you need to do is talk to your dealer. and don't just talk to a regular salesman.....you need to talk to the sales MANAGER, that is who actually orders the cars, and he/she will know how many cars that dealerships allocation is. Your are 3rd in line.....if their allocation is 1 Vette a month, it will be 3 months before your spot even comes up.....and once they actually place the order and GM accepts it.....typical wait/build time is in the order of 8 to 10 weeks.

SO to get an idea of how long it will be......talk to your dealers sales manager, and hopefully they will tell you the truth and not blow smoke up your butt (LIE).
Joe Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 12:00 PM   #3
2corvette2

Drives: 2014 Coupe Laguna Blue Tintcoat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Stingray View Post
like you said, it varies per dealer. to get an idea, what you need to do is talk to your dealer. and don't just talk to a regular salesman.....you need to talk to the sales MANAGER, that is who actually orders the cars, and he/she will know how many cars that dealerships allocation is. Your are 3rd in line.....if their allocation is 1 Vette a month, it will be 3 months before your spot even comes up.....and once they actually place the order and GM accepts it.....typical wait/build time is in the order of 8 to 10 weeks.

SO to get an idea of how long it will be......talk to your dealers sales manager, and hopefully they will tell you the truth and not blow smoke up your butt (LIE).
2corvette2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 04:29 PM   #4
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Stingray View Post

thanks. Ya i asked about allocation, and said i am looking to take delivery some time in the summer. They said a spot should be able to happen this month, and then figure 8 weeks to build. But you never know, which is why i wanted to get feedback from people who have waited from spots. I will probably wait this month to see where things go.
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 04:38 PM   #5
JDMAC

Drives: 2015 Laguna Blue C7
I started discussion with my dealer in October last year. The order was placed in in January. My wife and I are leaving Monday for Bowling Green for a museum pickup on Tuesday next week.
The three month discussion may seem like a long time, but was able to get the following:
1. Supplier discount
2. In-Out on my trade in
3. 1.49% financing
JDMAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 08:09 PM   #6
Joe Stingray
Master of All Things

Drives: 2019 Stingray 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
thanks. Ya i asked about allocation, and said i am looking to take delivery some time in the summer. They said a spot should be able to happen this month, and then figure 8 weeks to build. But you never know, which is why i wanted to get feedback from people who have waited from spots. I will probably wait this month to see where things go.
well they didn't lie to you.......for that 8 week number is spot on. that is once they have an allocation and your order is accepted. here are the actual production code from start to finish.

GM Order Codes

1000 Order On Hold at Dealership
1100 Order Placed at Dealership
1101 Order Entered into System
1102 Order Entered via Web
2000 Order Accepted by Chevrolet
2001 Order Generated to Dealer
2005 Order Replaced with GM Prospec Order
2030 Order Edited by Chevrolet
2050 Order Changed
2500 Order Preferenced (or "Picked Up" or "Imaged"), Sent to Production
3000 Order Accepted by Production Control
3100 Order Available to Sequence (now becomes more stable)
3300 Order Selected and Scheduled for Production by Assembly Plant Target Production Date (week - usually available now)
3400 Order Broadcasted for Production (Internal Plant Order Produced)
3800 Vehicle Produced
4000 Vehicle Available to Ship
4104 Bailment Invoice Created
4B00 Bayed ("B", not 8)
4106 Bailment Released
4150 Vehicle Invoiced (Dealer Billed)
4200 Vehicle Shipped
4300 Intermediate Delivery
4V03 Estimated Delivery Date
4800 Rail Ramp Unload
5000 Vehicle Delivered to Dealer
6000 Vehicle Delivered to Customer