Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 06-06-2019, 04:47 PM   #1
Alfdawg

Drives: 2014 camaro ss
QUESTIONS ABOUT PAC DASH KIT AND PIONEER NEX RADIO

I know there's been a lot of posts about the Pac dash kit. I'm about to get it installed and have a few questions. I want to have my own thread so I can find the answers quickly. I'm not doing it myself but I like to be knowledgeable on anything I get done to my car.

1. Is it neccessary to extend the wires? I want to extend the wires so its easier to install the radio I want.

2. I read the manual and I'm confused on how to wire the chime. Does the chime have to be wired to the BCM?

3. Does anything need to be programmed out the box?

4. I know the factory back up camera will still work but will the sensors still work?

5. I want to get the pioneer nex 2330. Will the screen be able to flip in and out with no problem? I dont want to have to cut too much behind the radio.

6. Do the steering wheel controls work good with the pioneer radio?

7. Can I still use the fark harness to connect the speakers to my 4 channel amp.

8. Any suggestions for a great audio shop in Michigan?
Alfdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 05:06 PM   #2
Alfdawg

And I have the fark harness. Will i get a better signal to my amps using the rcas via the fark or plugging in the rcas behind the radio?
Old 06-06-2019, 05:27 PM   #3
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
QUESTIONS ABOUT PAC DASH KIT AND PIONEER NEX RADIO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfdawg View Post
I know there's been a lot of posts about the Pac dash kit. I'm about to get it installed and have a few questions. I want to have my own thread so I can find the answers quickly. I'm not doing it myself but I like to be knowledgeable on anything I get done to my car.

1. Is it neccessary to extend the wires? I want to extend the wires so its easier to install the radio I want.
I’m not sure what your talking about extending.

2. I read the manual and I'm confused on how to wire the chime. Does the chime have to be wired to the BCM?
The chime just plugs into the the main brain of the kit. Mount the chime box somewhere under the dash. Has 2 volume levels.

3. Does anything need to be programmed out the box?
Just select the radio brand and tune the steering wheel control to that number.

4. I know the factory back up camera will still work but will the sensors still work?
The sensors work but you loose the beep noise that you have come to know and love. The chime box now makes the noise. To elaborate, the same noise that tells you your seatbelt isnt on is now the back up noise.

5. I want to get the pioneer nex 2330. Will the screen be able to flip in and out with no problem? I dont want to have to cut too much behind the radio.
I installed the AVH-W4400NEX and at first I couldn’t open the radio screen at all. Since I’ve driven it a few times it now opens.

6. Do the steering wheel controls work good with the pioneer radio?
Steering wheel controls work well. My only complain is my radio doesn’t completely mute. It goes to ATT. Supposedly you can do the custom programming to fix this but I have to take the dash back apart.

7. Can I still use the fark harness to connect the speakers to my 4 channel amp.
Yes I’m still using mine.

8. Any suggestions for a great audio shop in Michigan?
I replied to each question under it. Sorry if it looks like I didn’t.
No clue.

Best of luck
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 07:40 PM   #4
Alfdawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thCamaro View Post
I replied to each question under it. Sorry if it looks like I didn’t.
No clue.

Best of luck
Thanks. I just got done reading a lot of your posts about this kit lol.

From what I read extending the wires is connecting more wires to make the harness longer so you can put the module somewhere else like the glove box.

Do you have an aftermarket amp? If so do you have the rca's connected to the back of the radio or the fark harness?
Old 06-06-2019, 07:43 PM   #5
45thCamaro

Quote:
Thanks. I just got done reading a lot of your posts about this kit lol.

From what I read extending the wires is connecting more wires to make the harness longer so you can put the module somewhere else like the glove box.

Do you have an aftermarket amp? If so do you have the rca's connected to the back of the radio or the fark harness?

Listen, I only chose that radio because of the price. I don’t need half of the features that comes with it. I just wanted CarPlay.

Having said that, I recommend looking into the mechless radios for extra space in the dash. I don’t listen to CDs so you can save space with going with one of these units.
Old 06-07-2019, 11:22 AM   #6
Alfdawg

Anyone else want to chime in?
Old 06-07-2019, 03:04 PM   #7
chevy pilot

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6
I have AVH-Z9200.7". The screen flip in and out with any problem.

Steering wheel controls work.
"My only complain is my radio doesn’t completely mute. It goes to ATT"
I have the same thing.
chevy pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 03:56 PM   #8
Cheap Guy

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Listen, I only chose that radio because of the price. I don’t need half of the features that comes with it. I just wanted CarPlay.

Having said that, I recommend looking into the mechless radios for extra space in the dash. I don’t listen to CDs so you can save space with going with one of these units.
My sentiments exactly. If I had to do it over again, instead of my Pioneer I’d probably get the Sony which has a double DIN face with a single DIN chassis so I’d have more room for the PAC components. I never listen to CDs anymore so that wouldn’t be a loss - CarPlay was my main concern. The Sony also has a volume knob - the Pioneer has so much stuff it sometimes gets distracting.

First - 1997 Camaro 3800 Y87, M5, Green - Gone | Second - 1997 LT1 Z28, M6, Silver - Sold | Third - 1999 LS1 Z28, M6, Pewter, Almost Stock! - Sold
Current - 2011 Camaro SS, M6, black, 1LE suspension parts - Current
Cheap Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 10:14 PM   #9
Alfdawg

I actually like the att instead of mute. So should I hook the rcas up to the back of the radio or leave them connected to the Fark harness?
Old 06-08-2019, 05:47 AM   #10
tartagliazl1

Drives: 2013 zl1 vert
Quote:
I actually like the att instead of mute. So should I hook the rcas up to the back of the radio or leave them connected to the Fark harness?
use your own rca's and just cap off the fark rca's
tartagliazl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 08:09 PM   #11
45thCamaro

Drove my car today and one of your questions was about the steering wheel controls. I noticed today that on a phone call through Apple CarPlay on my pioneer radio, the end call button didn’t work by just pressing it. I may have to try long pressing it because I’m not sure if that’s how it’s setup but I just figured I’d give you a heads up.
Old 06-08-2019, 09:38 PM   #12
Alfdawg

Quote:
Drove my car today and one of your questions was about the steering wheel controls. I noticed today that on a phone call through Apple CarPlay on my pioneer radio, the end call button didn’t work by just pressing it. I may have to try long pressing it because I’m not sure if that’s how it’s setup but I just figured I’d give you a heads up.
Ok thanks for the heads up. I rarely us the answer/end calls button anyway. But I would still like for them to work. I read on here that the steering wheel controls are programmable so I'll make sure that gets done when I get everything installed.
Old 06-19-2019, 05:52 PM   #13
Alfdawg

Where does the factory sound plug go? I have the BA system but I replaced the amp using the fark. So do I still hook it up to the amplified side on the PAC module? Or standard?
Old 06-20-2019, 09:35 AM   #14
gm2376

Drives: 2010 Black 2ss Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy pilot View Post
I have AVH-Z9200.7". The screen flip in and out with any problem.

Steering wheel controls work.
"My only complain is my radio doesn’t completely mute. It goes to ATT"
I have the same thing.
yeah....i think that is a Pioneer thing....all of mine do that too.
ZL1 10 spokes,Dart 388,ECS Supercharger 2200x, E85 Flex Fuel sensor, Dart 388 , B&M Tranny Cooler, Vigilante 4000 Triple Disc TC,Katech Ported Heads, Texas Speed Sheet Metal Intake, ECS Big Blower Cam,ID 1700s, Fore Triple Pumps, E85,ATI Super Dampner, KW V3 Coilovers, Pfadt front and rear sway bars,Pfadt Trailing arms and toe rods,ZL1 Rear Diff, RPM 6l90e level 10 Tranny, SW Long Tubes no cats,Nick Williams Boosted 102mm TB, Dr Phil Tune,Borla Atak
gm2376 is offline   Reply With Quote