Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-24-2021, 09:28 AM   #71
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Go on and write me up for 125
Post my face, wanted dead or alive
Take my license, all that jive
I can't drive 155!!!!
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 10:27 AM   #72
Crushin_LT1

Drives: 2021 LT1 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
I don’t get why LT1 owners feel the need to hate on the SS. The pattern is clear though. Rarely if ever do you see SS owners slamming the LT1, but it’s pretty common to see the reverse.

That reaction by LT1 owners is really revealing. Reminds me of my two younger boys. Rarely does the 15 year old feel the need to prove himself relative to the 11 year old, but the 11 year old is constantly talking about what he can do better than his brother.

I thought my 2016 SS looked pretty good. I think my 2018 does to. I think the LT1 looks good other than the badges which I would remove. Three things GM should address about the LT1.

1. The name
2. The tires
3. The 155 speed limit

The first two can be easily remedied after buying.

Your post had almost nothing to do with what I said. No one is hating on anything, I mentioned why I bought an LT-1 over an SS. They're the same car sans a few parts.

I only negative thing I said is the SS wing looked ridiculous. I stand by that statement, and would even if I had found an SS cheaper. I'd still want to replace it.
Old 06-24-2021, 10:28 AM   #73
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staves View Post
Especially since there is no such thing as a Deluxe model for the GT.

It was called Deluxe and Premium during the S197 years. The deluxe was the now base model Mustang. It would be like having an LT1 or low optioned 1SS

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...ckages-453369/
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 10:36 AM   #74
Crushin_LT1

Drives: 2021 LT1 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigalLunatic View Post
If I recall correctly, it has the SS suspension and front Brembos, but not rears.
I also believe this to be correct.
Old 06-24-2021, 11:00 AM   #75
Staves

Drives: women crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
It was called Deluxe and Premium during the S197 years. The deluxe was the now base model Mustang. It would be like having an LT1 or low optioned 1SS

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...ckages-453369/
Except he's talking about LT1 to SS as in current models, so I was referring to current Mustang models as well.
Old 06-24-2021, 11:04 AM   #76
Camaro fanboy

Drives: 2017 2SS Arctic blue fully loaded
i learnt some years back be happy with things you do have rather than unhappy about things you dont have.
you own an amazing v8 pony car end of story..few years time maybe change it.
i do know from past experiences nowadays i always make sure i get the full fat version of anything i buy. i like to make sure i dont get buyers remorse
Old 06-24-2021, 12:48 PM   #77
kurmaro

Drives: 2022 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malbjey View Post
Except when it comes to knocking Turbo 4 and V6 owners

To the OP: keep the LT1!

As others have said, really take a hard look at how you're going to use the car. If you're not going to track the car, do you really need all the additional cooling offered by the SS models?

If I were to get a V8 Camaro, the sweet spot for me would be the LT1 model with heated/cooled seats, dual zone climate control, and blind spot monitoring.

Chevy, in their infinite wisdom/greed, makes you jump all the way up to a 2SS model for that stuff which is ridiculous. That's a huge jump in pricing, even compared to the jump you'd see on the Turbo 4 and V6 models.

The digital dash in the 2SS is nice as well, but does it really give you more information version the LT1? Again, if you're not tracking the car do you really need that information?

Enjoy what you have! You got a Youtube channel, right? Pretty sure I'm subscribed. Make some content lol
I don't have a YouTube channel for my car haha. I do have an Instagram page, which was for the Krypton Green 1LT I had, which is now the LT1 page. Maybe I can finally make videos for YouTube with this V8.
kurmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 12:50 PM   #78
kurmaro

I appreciate everyone's thoughts and opinions, definitely made me open my mind to what I have and should appreciate it for what it is.
Old 06-24-2021, 01:54 PM   #79
seethruya

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1 Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurmaro View Post
I appreciate everyone's thoughts and opinions, definitely made me open my mind to what I have and should appreciate it for what it is.
Quote:
I'm just kicking myself because I do love the gauge cluster, screen, and bumper on the SS's, but there was just none near me.

I need someone to help me feel better about the purchase
All those things you mentioned, I had stock on my LT1 sans the gauge cluster. There’s no reason you can’t have the front splitter/ground effects with the quad exhaust valence in the rear. There’s a fairly reasonable solution price wise if you do want the SS gauge cluster and 8” touchscreen.
seethruya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 03:22 PM   #80
kurmaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by seethruya View Post
All those things you mentioned, I had stock on my LT1 sans the gauge cluster. There’s no reason you can’t have the front splitter/ground effects with the quad exhaust valence in the rear. There’s a fairly reasonable solution price wise if you do want the SS gauge cluster and 8” touchscreen.
I already have the quad exhaust due to the NPP exhaust, which I'm grateful for. I already saw a solution to the gauge cluster swap, which shouldn't be too bad, haven't seen one for the 8" touchscreen though, do you know where I could find one?
Old 06-24-2021, 03:43 PM   #81
Devstrike

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1
I have no regrets. My LT1 for me is perfect for me while I recover enough to track race again which by then I am hoping to get a nice SS 1LE for those duties and I am hoping to also be able to keep my LT1 as well if that future comes to fruition.
Devstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 03:52 PM   #82
Malbjey

Drives: 2022 Kia Stinger GT2
Quote:
I don't have a YouTube channel for my car haha. I do have an Instagram page, which was for the Krypton Green 1LT I had, which is now the LT1 page. Maybe I can finally make videos for YouTube with this V8.

Oops I looked up the channel and it's Kuro_LTG. Got your names mixed up.

He also has a 2.0 T Camaro but a different color.
Malbjey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 05:20 PM   #83
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
I like the styling of the LT1 much more than the SS. The constant stares and compliments tells me Chevy got this one right.
Red Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 08:13 PM   #84
MichaelG

Drives: 2LT
Quote:
Great choice. You have an awesome car, make it yours and enjoy it. IMO, you got the better looking car.
01/26/21 - Delivered
MichaelG is offline   Reply With Quote