The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 04-06-2024, 11:49 PM   #1
MyNameIs
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS
Mary Barra needs to resign

MyNameIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 04:20 PM   #2
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Sorry GM is making 10 Billion PROFIT per year like a printing press under her leadership. Not going to happen.
Old 04-07-2024, 06:09 PM   #3
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
Buying a 10year treasury note would have been a much smarter investment decision than buying GM (oh sorry, gm or gM or whatever the f@$& they identify as today) stock the day she took over. A complete waste of investor cash buying that stock since bk.
Old 04-07-2024, 06:39 PM   #4
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1Zob View Post
Buying a 10year treasury note would have been a much smarter investment decision than buying GM (oh sorry, gm or gM or whatever the f@$& they identify as today) stock the day she took over. A complete waste of investor cash buying that stock since bk.
How much did you buy?
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 06:45 PM   #5
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
Exactly $0.00
Old 04-07-2024, 07:14 PM   #6
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
Umm your phone tracks you on GPS 1s pings if you have an iPhone. Mine knows where I work, where I live, what my typical commutes are whom I have called, texted, been called from. It has an accelerometer too to potentially measure dynamic changes like braking events. You can go on and on, Google, Hulu, Netflix, Bing, Instagram, Facebook all track your history. At least GM is stopping the practice. Sounds like that woman is driving recklessly often, should we be subsidizing that with higher overall insurance rates?
Old 04-07-2024, 07:43 PM   #7
MT-SS1LE

Drives: 2023 SS 1LE Sharkskin
Thankfully I'm not tied to my phone like it's an appendage. Even if there was cell coverage in the areas I like to go for spirited drives, which there isn't, I can turn it off, put it in a Faraday bag, or simply not take it with me. GM was caught behaving in a sleazy, unethical, if not illegal manner. I hope it costs them millions, That is the only language these corporations understand.
Old 04-07-2024, 08:13 PM   #8
302crossram

Drives: 2023 Sharkskin 2SS
affirmative action hire ain't going nowhere..
that said, I opted out of OS enrollment upon delivery and pulled the fuse.

fuk 'em
302crossram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 08:48 PM   #9
olrocker

Drives: People crazy with my sexiness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Sorry GM is making 10 Billion PROFIT per year like a printing press under her leadership. Not going to happen.
Yes, we know how your GM is perfect.

Keep telling us. We just can’t get enough of your devotion to your heart and soul.
Sharkskin/Light gray
Moonroof/Navi/NPP/Mag Ride/Red Brake Calipers
Gray painted split spoke wheels
Illuminated footwells/illuminated bowtie
olrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 08:58 PM   #10
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakespeak View Post
Umm your phone tracks you on GPS 1s pings if you have an iPhone. Mine knows where I work, where I live, what my typical commutes are whom I have called, texted, been called from. It has an accelerometer too to potentially measure dynamic changes like braking events. You can go on and on, Google, Hulu, Netflix, Bing, Instagram, Facebook all track your history. At least GM is stopping the practice. Sounds like that woman is driving recklessly often, should we be subsidizing that with higher overall insurance rates?
As others have clearly stated already, this is a false equivalence, because I am in complete control of my phone as opposed to a tracking device built into the car that cannot be turned off (apart from disassembling the module that contains it and removing the board, hardly an intended or customer friendly manner).

As to the lady in the video, you are jumping to conclusions, especially when we know for certain from other people's shared GM smart driver data that normal, barely more dynamic than grandma driving triggers the "hard acceleration" and "hard braking" events, so it's absolutely not certain she was driving recklessly often. Possible, yes, but we don't know, yet she's suffering the consequences of someone else's sleazy actions, because she did not cause any accidents herself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 302crossram View Post
affirmative action hire ain't going nowhere..
that said, I opted out of OS enrollment upon delivery and pulled the fuse.

fuk 'em
DEI is destroying many a company from within, it's an ugly mind virus that seems to linger way longer than its predecessors. With that said, Mary Barra is not a diversity or affirmative action hire, she has been with GM from a very young age and started as an assembly line worker, checking panels and hoods, so let's not be mistaken or disingenuous here.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 09:10 PM   #11
GreenZLE

Drives: 2020 Rally Green ZL1-1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post

DEI is destroying many a company from within, it's an ugly mind virus that seems to linger way longer than its predecessors. With that said, Mary Barra is not a diversity or affirmative action hire, she has been with GM from a very young age and started as an assembly line worker, checking panels and hoods, so let's not be mistaken or disingenuous here.

She might not be a DEI hire, but she's likely been pushed up the ladder by DEI.

At any rate, unless GM starts making vehicles I want to buy, I'll go elsewhere in the future.
GreenZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 09:32 PM   #12
olrocker

Drives: People crazy with my sexiness
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenZLE View Post
At any rate, unless GM starts making vehicles I want to buy, I'll go elsewhere in the future.
The 6th Gen is GM’s last link to their glory days of making affordable cars people really want. The Corvette is easy to make people want.

In the 80s GM was making people want affordable G-bodies from every division. They couldn’t build enough of them. So then in ‘88 they said “let’s make em all look like inverted bathtubs and front drive and make the interiors out of cheap plastic! That’ll be better” lol

After Camaro and Corvette now there’s really nothing people really want from GM.
Sharkskin/Light gray
Moonroof/Navi/NPP/Mag Ride/Red Brake Calipers
Gray painted split spoke wheels
Illuminated footwells/illuminated bowtie
olrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 09:50 PM   #13
LT14EVA

Drives: Camaro
How many off topic ranting and raving threads get started on this camaro forum?
Yes
LT14EVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 05:45 AM   #14
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by olrocker View Post
Yes, we know how your GM is perfect.

Keep telling us. We just can’t get enough of your devotion to your heart and soul.
LOL. Haven’t worked there in 13 years and I could write a book about the stupidity and failures I saw while I was there. Hell my wife was terminated during the bankruptcy costing us healthcare now that we are retired, so no love lost for the company. But you can see the posts every time this happens. In this thread someone called her a diversity hire. So merely defending common sense.

If she were a bad CEO the board would have replaced her. But they seem to think she is doing just fine.