Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 05-28-2010, 11:15 AM   #15
$MIKE

Drives: It turns!
Not to be rude but why would any of you use Stillen? Ya they sell products for your car but they have always Specialized in Nissan. There are companys out there that actually specialize in GM & LSX platforms. On there sight I see they sell diablosport tuners and hypertech tuners. In the LSX world these are laughed at. Does Stillen do custom dyno tuning? If they do tune, do they use the diablo and hypertech?
$MIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 11:44 AM   #16
Z71456

Drives: Camaro
Not being rude at all. I too thought that in the beginning, but after speaking with Eric there and just knowing their overall reputation, I figured why not give them a try and I haven't been sorry yet. They are very well known for their Nissan products and do specialize in them, but they also R&D a lot of their own products for a lot of other manufacturers besides Nissan. I just bought the brake rotor upgrade from them and although the rear rotors weren't ready, everything else went great. They did a great job on the installation and their service is excellent. Sammy, their Service Manager, is very professional and extremely accommodating. Stillen is a huge organization so they have the capability of not just supporting one manufacturer to the fullest, but many. I can't vouch for everything they do and sell, I can only speak about my experiences so far. I have used them twice for my Camaro and although this last time they didn't have the rear rotors ready, they made up for it and did everything they could to make me happy.

As far as dyno tuning capabilities, I would address that directly to Eric on the forum. I'm sure he would be more than happy to answer it.
Magnacharger TVS2300 / Roto-Fab CAI / ACT Twin-disc clutch + flywheel / Livernois Motorsports Duel Fuel Pump / Modified stock engine cover / ARH 1-7/8 Long Tube Headers + High Flow cats / Magnaflow 3" Cat-back / Eibach Springs / Pfadt Sway Bars / Stillen slotted/drilled rotors, hard lines and Hawk pads / Barton Short-Shifter / CBD Spoiler / GM Heritage Grill / Forgestar F14 20x11/20x9 Matte Black / Nitto NT05 Tires 565WHP/570TQ
Z71456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:13 PM   #17
Team STILLEN

Drives: Varies
Hey guys,

Thanks for all the great compliments. We are NOT just a Nissan company . We have been working directly with the Domestic OE manufacturers for years now and have built, raced, and won in many other vehicles than just Nissan. We have had a great relationship with Ford MoCo sitting at the round table meetings in 2004 in Detriot for the release of the 2005 Mustang and have built several Ford Co-op S197 Mustangs and F150s as well as General Motors/Chevrolet with the new 1500's and C5/C6 Corvettes. The Camaro is a newcomer but rest assured we have done tons of work on LS1,2,6 and now LS3 and LS7 as well.

We have supercharged everything from Silverados (worked with Magnuson on the design and tune of the blower system), Mustangs, Ford GT Supercars, GTO's both LS2 and LS6, to Corvettes, and now plenty of Camaros. We tune on our own dyno with SCT, Diablo Sport (CMR), HP Tuners, MoTec, Haltech, and Up-Rev. Besides our on site tuning we also have an on site laser alignment system and digital corner scaling capability allowing us to tune not only engines but chassis's as well.

We have a section specifically for custom fabrication where we can build full blown competition vehicles with roll cage fabrication, sheet metal work, and custom intercooler tubing. For those "special parts" we also have our on site machine shop with 5 full size multi axis CNC machines for one off projects along with our rapid prototyping machine. All of our own Championship race vehicles are built right here on site by our very capable techincians. Both of our lead technicians have been with us for over 15 years

My specific area of expertise is with GM and Ford vehicles. I have over 15 years of building these vehicles, not just selling the parts. I was also the crew chief and designer/fabricator for the record breaking international championship Falken Tire 2005 Mustang GT and the BRE Camaro/Corvette ZO6 Teams. I have worked with parts manufacturers designing everything from suspension parts to full blown twin turbo systems. There isn't a performance part that I haven't personally put on a car and tested on the track and either loved it or broke it. This experience gives me the best possible insight into what works for each type of client and each type of vehicle build.

Being as large as we are allows us to have divisions and the staff to truly focus on each vehicle segment while also allowing us to have just about the best pricing out there for local and internet based buyers. Within each division we have the back up from our extremely talented R&D department as well as the technical assistance/expertise from guys like myself that have real world hands on knowledge of the products and what they do who are always willing to help out fellow enthusiasts with purchases, installation help, or simply just good advice

We fully support the new Camaro, this site, and the local Camaro5 family and welcome anyone who did not get the chance to take a tour of our facility to come by and check us out for yourselves. Please ask for Eric and I'll be happy to show you around!
Team STILLEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:37 PM   #18
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.

Nice write up Eric.

I had no idea you guys could cover so many options for us. Unfortunately I've missed everything you guys have done for the SoCal family due to work, lucky for me, the wife won a set of headers at your last meet, thanks for that!!!

Are you looking at hosting other events this summer? Could you PM me a price to get the DT LT's installed and tuned for me?

Thanks!
Old 06-02-2010, 12:50 AM   #19
dwake

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS Camaro
Hey Everyone - Last Friday I pulled the trigger and laid down my $s to go with Stillen. I met with Eric and he was extremely professional and helpful. We laid out a performance package that included the Maggie SC, Pfadt suspension and axle back exhaust. Can't wait to get the install going! I'll continue to post my experiences with Stillen, but so far, nothing but a big thumbs up!!!
dwake is offline   Reply With Quote