The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 03-04-2015, 01:02 PM   #1
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
2016 Porsche (991) GT3 RS

That baddest P-car to date... so I already inquired and at my local dealer's upcoming allocations, they want at least 40K over sticker!

2016 GT3 RS

Build you Own.... http://cc.porsche.com/icc_pcna/ccCal...fmodelstart%2f

Jalopnik: http://jalopnik.com/how-youd-option-...-rs-1689404039

Mine would be in Ultraviolet!

Press Release:
Porsche 911 GT3 RS: the Ultimate 911 for High-Performance Drivers

Atlanta. The new Porsche 911 GT3 RS breaks down the barrier between road-going sports cars and race cars. It is equipped with the maximum amount of motorsport technology that is currently possible in a street-legal 911 suitable for everyday driving. Extensive modifications to its drivetrain, aerodynamics, and lightweight design take performance to an even higher level than the 911 GT3. With a Nuerburgring Nordschleife lap time of seven minutes and 20 seconds, the new 911 GT3 RS surpasses the 911 GT3 by five seconds, making it the fastest current generation 911 on the famous German racetrack. The 911 GT3 RS is celebrating its world premiere at the 2015 Geneva International Motor Show.

Motorsport expertise is the driving force behind this superior performance. The 911 GT3 RS is powered by a four-liter six-cylinder engine developing 500 hp and 338 lb.-ft. of torque, combined with a specially developed PDK transmission. The engine has the largest displacement and most power of any naturally aspirated engine with direct fuel injection in the 911 family, accelerating the high-performance sports car from zero to 60 miles per hour in 3.1 seconds and propelling it through the quarter mile on the track in 11.2 seconds. Functions such as declutching by "paddle neutral" – which is comparable to pressing the clutch with a conventional manual gearbox – and speed limiting via the Pit Speed button have been adapted from motorsport use. They give drivers more freedom in terms of driving dynamics, while providing them with a maximum level of control and engagement.

The 911 GT3 RS is a masterpiece of intelligent lightweight design. For the first time, the roof is made of magnesium; carbon fiber is used for the engine and luggage compartment lids, and other components are made of weight saving materials. This makes the RS model around 22 pounds (10 kilograms) lighter than the 911 GT3. Furthermore, the lightweight roof lowers the sports car's center of gravity which improves its already excellent lateral dynamics. The body comes from the 911 Turbo, and it signifies its status as a race-inspired driving machine with its RS-specific aerodynamic enhancements. The front spoiler lip, which sits close to the ground, and the large rear wing reinforce its dominant look.

A 30 centimeter wide recess extends centrally over the CFRP hood and the magnesium roof. This feature is a stylistic reference to the recess on the luggage compartment lid of the classic 911 models with air-cooled engines, while highlighting the two largest lightweight components of the new 911 GT3 RS. Another characteristic is the unique front wheel arch air vents that extend into the upper section of the fenders – just like on purebred race cars. They increase downforce at the front axle.

The chassis of the 911 GT3 RS has been tuned for maximum driving dynamics and precision. Rear-axle steering and Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus with fully variable rear axle differential lock increases agility and dynamics, and the wider track in front and at the rear reduces body roll even further than in the 911 GT3. In addition, the 911 GT3 RS comes with the widest tires of any 911 model. The results: even more agile turn-in characteristics, even sharper steering response, and even greater cornering speeds.

The interior design of the 911 GT3 RS with Alcantara® elements is based on the current 911 GT3. One key new feature is the full bucket seats, which are based on the carbon bucket seats from the 918 Spyder. The optional Sport Chrono Package features – in addition to its integrated timers – the Porsche Track Precision app for smartphone use. The Track Precision app can be used to have times automatically measured via GPS, and to log data on a smartphone for many driving parameters such as vehicle speed, lateral acceleration as well as deceleration and acceleration in the driving direction. It manages this data and lets the driver share and compare it with results from other drivers.

The 911 GT3 RS can be ordered now, and it will launch in the U.S. in early July of 2015. In the United States, the MSRP is $175,900, not including a $995 destination charge.
Attached Images

Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 01:11 PM   #2
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
I would do dirty things for this car. Ever since I got to experience my uncle's GT3 RS I've fallen in love with Porsche.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 01:16 PM   #3
pgviper

Drives: 67 Pro Touring Camaro
Send a message via AIM to pgviper
But it provides C6 ZR1 performance if we are comparing Ring Times...
pgviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 01:18 PM   #4
stoopid

Drives: 4 wheels
Badass and Boutique
stoopid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 02:53 PM   #5
Stingray
just can't get enough

Mandatory option.... Fire Extinguisher for $140. Because race car... and hey it's still a 991.
(Option Code 509: Compact DIN EN3 powder extinguisher containing 2.2 lbs of extinguishing agent, located underneath the passenger's seat)
Old 03-04-2015, 03:42 PM   #6
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I wish the Cayman would get this engine...
Old 03-05-2015, 03:52 AM   #7
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
4.0 six cylinder with 500 HP all motor. Wow, that's pretty increadible. Mfg's are really figuring out how to make more power.
Old 03-09-2015, 12:55 PM   #8
Stingray
just can't get enough

More leaks.... Porsche Exclusive line:
"Finished in original shades of Fuchsia, Speed Yellow, Green Mint, and Blue Riviera the bespoke arm of the German carmaker could also add a carbon-fiber body kit, as well as GT3 Cup rear windows, racing stripes and a new front grille. So, how would you take yours?"

http://www.dpccars.com/gallery/index...clusive-Colors

Old 03-09-2015, 02:56 PM   #9
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
man, that thing is beautiful.....
Old 03-09-2015, 03:04 PM   #10
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
awesome looking car. wish it had more torque.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:42 PM   #11
trademaster

Drives: 12 MP4-12C, 16 Quattroporte
Why do you wish it had more torque? It's a light car with 500hp that revs to nearly 9,000rpm with a PDK. You're never going to wish for more torque in that car, you won't have time to. Plenty of power is a downshift away and with that PDK it will be in the powerband before you can even put your foot down.
trademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 07:50 AM   #12
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Why? because that's my preference. I like low end power. it's rare that i'm driving around town at 9k rpm in any vehicle. lol

edit: The 911 Turbo S Cabriolet for example.

Last edited by PoorMansCamaro; 03-10-2015 at 08:32 AM.
PoorMansCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 08:50 AM   #13
Stingray
just can't get enough

Driven by FIA barnstormer, Brendon Hartley... now a Porsche racing team and factory driver.
"Hartley points out a number of features that make the latest GT3 RS more like a race car than a road car, such as the pit speed button, carbon fiber bucket seats, roll cage and extreme downforce-generating aero components. Then he turns on the car’s new launch control function and speeds his way onto the track. Unfortunately for the camera man sitting in the passenger seat, it took just two laps of Hartley’s high-speed antics before nausea sets in."
Old 03-10-2015, 08:55 AM   #14
radametz

Drives: 2013 CRT 2SS/1LE; 2016 Colorado Z71
I'm usually not a fan of Porsche's, I respect the performance but there was always something missing in the Looks Department. But this... this is the first Porsche in a very long time that I think looks fantastic. Amazing car!