Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-29-2011, 07:44 PM   #1
2010camarolt

Drives: Victory Red 1LT
adm scoop?

is it worth it? been thinking about getting it not sure tho. Im a little iffy about the install, and dont know if i should go with the apex one or the one with the rotofab Reservoir Relocation Kit. Like the look of it but not sure if its worth the extra money. Opinions?

Thanks
Old 09-29-2011, 08:38 PM   #2
ScottyB911

Drives: 2016 2SS Coupe
Had mine for about 6 months now and love it. I couldnt use the Roto-Fab bottle because it didnt work with the injen short ram intake.

Install was really easy (I thought) and I really noticed a difference.

Scotty B
ScottyB911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:20 PM   #3
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
The fresh air to your intake will make a noticable difference.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:06 AM   #4
WCoolBreeze
2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Garnet Tint
I have had my setup since last Spring (Roto-Fab CAI, Roto-Fab Windshield Washer Relocation Kit, and ADM Race Air Scoop), I had also installed the GMPP Exhaust Kit with Tips back in Aug of 2009. I Love this set up, the only thing I have left to do/add are a set of DT Shortier Headers, which will be installed within the next 2 months. So from my Humble perspective GO FOR IT.

Walt B.

Gen6, 2016 Camaro 2SS, Red Garnet Tint (with Silver Rally Stripes)

Ordered: 2-12-2016
TPW: 3-7-2016
Built: 3-7-2016
VIN 1G1FH78G0157626
Delivered: 4-26-2016
WCoolBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:29 PM   #5
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Just put mine on. Went with the Apex-Speed version-Rotofab wasn't compatible with my Airaid CAI.

Install isn't terrible, but I do call SHENANIGANS on the member that claimed to finish in 30 mins.

If you're old and slow like me, allow 3hrs with extra time for cussing. There's a great thread with pics to show you just where to cut. I don't own a dremmel (aren't those for Arts & Crafts), but a 4" angle grinder fitted with a cutting wheel will do just fine. Finish the corners with a good old hacksaw blade.

With the Apex-Speed, the new washer bottle (2 qts) bolts to the side of the scoop-you don't have to disconnect or re-route the tubing.

Haven't driven much yet but the intake sound is more audible (sounds good to me) but that may be more the result of opening up the Airaid box to admit the fresh air.

Chase has the combo discounted right now, so go ahead-you know you want to!
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:04 PM   #6
2010camarolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
Just put mine on. Went with the Apex-Speed version-Rotofab wasn't compatible with my Airaid CAI.

Install isn't terrible, but I do call SHENANIGANS on the member that claimed to finish in 30 mins.

If you're old and slow like me, allow 3hrs with extra time for cussing. There's a great thread with pics to show you just where to cut. I don't own a dremmel (aren't those for Arts & Crafts), but a 4" angle grinder fitted with a cutting wheel will do just fine. Finish the corners with a good old hacksaw blade.

With the Apex-Speed, the new washer bottle (2 qts) bolts to the side of the scoop-you don't have to disconnect or re-route the tubing.

Haven't driven much yet but the intake sound is more audible (sounds good to me) but that may be more the result of opening up the Airaid box to admit the fresh air.

Chase has the combo discounted right now, so go ahead-you know you want to!

can you post pics of where you put the tube for the washer bottle
Old 09-30-2011, 09:42 PM   #7
rmnc3r

Drives: me up the wall.
I found this most helpful

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ghlight=washer
rmnc3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 12:03 PM   #8
Ventmaster

Don't have a pic,but I just ran the filling hose in thru the bottom of the Airaid box (I'm leaving the factory snorkel off and it leaves a large opening), and mounted the filler cap inside the box on the flat surface on on the back/left side. There's adequate clearance, looks OK, and works fine.

The Apex-Speed scoop is pre-drilled to mount the washer bottle and you do that before you insert the scoop. Then just bolt the scoop in place. The horn bolt replacement provided to hold the front of the scoop was the only real PIA to reach-I found the best solution was to thread the bolt thru from the outside to support the scoop (seems bass-ackward) and then used the supplied washer/nut to tighten it down on the inside.

Then cut the little leg off the pump (hacksaw again), and insert the pump into the new bottle-rubber grommet. Then push the pump back against the bottle until it snaps in place. Reconnect the power to the pump. I didn't find it necessary to disconnect the outgoing tubing-just make sure its not twisted or kinked-but you haven't moved it far from its original position and should be fine.

Figure out where to best install the filler cap and figure out the route of your tubing (you can't have any low or horizontal spots or it won't fill correctly) just a constant upward climb. They supply plenty of tubing, so you can go alot of places, but no low spots in the tubing.

Last thing-it calls for a 5/16th drill bit for the holes for the filling cap mount. I had a 1/4 inch, but with a little drll wiggle, the mounting bolts went thru just fine.

Have a good time!
Old 10-01-2011, 02:44 PM   #9
2010camarolt

i have the rotofab intake im just wondering if seeing the tube is going to annoy me. If i had an encolsed box i wouldnt care but i just dont want it to be ugly when i have the hood up and every1 can see the hose
Old 10-01-2011, 03:57 PM   #10
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
I have an Injen intake which sits right behind the driver side fog light. Yesterday, just for kicks I took out the fog light so there is a direct path for the air into the filter. Based on my Ultra Gauge reading it did lean out the A/F ratio and it feels a little more peppy. If you want to read more about it check out my blog at BaylorCamaro.blogspot.com
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 09:18 PM   #11
2010camarolt

so is the adm scoop going to mess with my fuel trim levels? sorry dont know exactly what fuel trim levels do
Old 10-01-2011, 10:04 PM   #12
Ventmaster

Can't see my tubing, just the fill cap which is very similar to the stock cap.If it were a little smaller, I would have placed it in the hole Airaid has for the stock water bottle and you wouldn't know the difference. On the Rotofab's I've seen the bottle or fill cap sitting on the flat surface of the airbox at the back, on the outside. You can't see that tubing either.

As far as the fuel trims-its my understanding they represent the computer recognizing a change in the fuel mixture and adjusting it to optimize for best performance and emissions requirements. As long as the ECM doesn't see a drastic change, it will simply do its job. If the trims vary widely, it will throw a check engine light. Trims will change in response to temperature or barmetric pressure, for example.
Old 10-01-2011, 10:12 PM   #13
2010camarolt

Thanks for the help, if you could find a pic of where it is on the rotofab it would help alot. Ill probly go with the apex kit now
Old 10-01-2011, 10:27 PM   #14
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
in my humble opinion you don't have to remove the bottle. just funnel the air through the gap. your intake just needs fresh air, rather than sucking engine bay air.