Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 04-25-2014, 09:05 AM   #1
Vai

Drives: In the process of buying a Cam
Question Rear bumper and diffuser

Hi,

I wanted to know what my best option of replacing my rear bumper and diffuser was.

A few weeks ago my dad decided to back up into a retaining wall by my driveway. The rear bumper has a 2 inch crack and is a bit depressed in on one side. The diffuser is not cracked but there is an indentation on it.

The damage to both is almost in the middle of the bumper. It bothers me seeing it that way and I want to Plasti Dip the entire car. However, I need to get this fixed and or replaced prior to dipping the car.

What do you guys suggest is the best cheapest way of going about repairing or replacing this? I went to a local bodyshop and he quoted me $1500...I will not be going that route for sure because I believe I can buy a new one for that price lol.

Also, if the price difference isn't that much I do not mind getting non oem bumper and diffuser because I would like to upgrade is possible. I have a 2013 2LT RS but love how the zl1 front looks as well as the back. Not sure if that will fit my car but would be awesome if the price is right!

Thanks guys!

-Vai
Vai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 09:07 AM   #2
digdeep0169

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th Anniversary
not sure if it will fit - but i have a stock diffuser i removed from my 2012 SS.

$100

~ 2012 SS ~
digdeep0169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 02:06 PM   #3
Vai

Drives: In the process of buying a Cam
Thanks, not sure if it will fit either =/ Just called the dealer and they have it in stock! Going to pick it up today.

Now just to find a bumper or maybe find someone that paints it for cheap. The dealer can get me one for 450 around but not painted.
Vai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:35 PM   #4
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vai View Post
Thanks, not sure if it will fit either =/ Just called the dealer and they have it in stock! Going to pick it up today.

Now just to find a bumper or maybe find someone that paints it for cheap. The dealer can get me one for 450 around but not painted.
Contact Maureen at Rodgers Chevrolet. She is a member on here, provides excellent service and unbeatable prices!! Also try Garys Customz. Good Luck man!