Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-10-2010, 09:52 AM   #71
ninety6
2xSOM

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS | 2002 Camaro V6 vrt
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
Everyone makes mistakes, but how a person acts after makiing one shows the true nature of one's character. They all were very humble and appologetic.

I'm glad you have a reasonable attitude about it. its disappointing, but like you said, everyone makes mistakes sometimes, this one sounds weird, but reasonable, you are getting a good deal and getting your AC fixed at no charge. that would satisfy me.

I have a lot of respect for people when they can admit their mistakes.
ninety6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:21 AM   #72
Beandip2811

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
First - -let me say to the OP that I'm really sorry that this happened....no one - -the dealer or GM -- wants something like this to happen.

I believe you did the right thing by asking the dealer to re-order the car as you want it...simply because if you took the Silver car, you would never be 100 percent satisfied.

I DO hope that when your IBM Camaro lands that it will far exceed your expectations.

Now - (and it's late - so pls understand I'm being a bit outspoken.......) - I have not read beyond the first page - and I'm appalled and dismayed at how some who are 'outraged' at the dealer.

Let's see -- the dealer is making price concessions - he's fixing the Air conditioning of the OP's Lumina - and the OP will be getting a 2011 rather than a 2010. No question that everyone wishes the mistake hadn't happened. The dealer is trying to make the customer happy - but short of the dealer going to the plant and building the car HIMSELF - what else is there to do?

Let me ask a few people something? Would you be happier if the offending party was taken behind the woodshed and shot?

Let's slow down for a minute. Is there anyone on this site that has not made one 'heckofa' mistake at some point in their lives?

Unless I'm missing something, the dealer and his employees are human. The last 'perfect' human was hung on a cross and stoned to death.......

Perhaps it's time to take the 'outrage' dial and crank it down a few notches?

Again - let me stress: NO ONE wanted to see this mistake happen - but we are all human - and if anyone can step forward and say they have not made some mistakes - please do so and I'll shake your hand and give you a free Camaro.

To the OP - again - my sincerest apologies - you have a PM........
+1
Old 06-10-2010, 10:44 AM   #73
Amanda
Givin em hell since 87'

Drives: 2011 SW 1SS M6
I hope the 1SS I ordered comes back with some options I didnt want to pay for
Amanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 02:24 PM   #74
EMB135Driver
Jedi Master

Drives: Boeing 757/767+2010 IBM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDISIN View Post
You did the right thing! Be patient, the IBM is worth the wait. Then again, I'm biased
I agree with this statement.....Wait for the IBM.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:26 PM   #75
JustAGuy

Drives: 15 Sierra, 12 Traverse, 10 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
First - -let me say to the OP that I'm really sorry that this happened....no one - -the dealer or GM -- wants something like this to happen.

I believe you did the right thing by asking the dealer to re-order the car as you want it...simply because if you took the Silver car, you would never be 100 percent satisfied.

I DO hope that when your IBM Camaro lands that it will far exceed your expectations.

Now - (and it's late - so pls understand I'm being a bit outspoken.......) - I have not read beyond the first page - and I'm appalled and dismayed at how some who are 'outraged' at the dealer.

Let's see -- the dealer is making price concessions - he's fixing the Air conditioning of the OP's Lumina - and the OP will be getting a 2011 rather than a 2010. No question that everyone wishes the mistake hadn't happened. The dealer is trying to make the customer happy - but short of the dealer going to the plant and building the car HIMSELF - what else is there to do?

Let me ask a few people something? Would you be happier if the offending party was taken behind the woodshed and shot?

Let's slow down for a minute. Is there anyone on this site that has not made one 'heckofa' mistake at some point in their lives?

Unless I'm missing something, the dealer and his employees are human. The last 'perfect' human was hung on a cross and stoned to death.......

Perhaps it's time to take the 'outrage' dial and crank it down a few notches?

Again - let me stress: NO ONE wanted to see this mistake happen - but we are all human - and if anyone can step forward and say they have not made some mistakes - please do so and I'll shake your hand and give you a free Camaro.

To the OP - again - my sincerest apologies - you have a PM........
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, just out of curiosity, do I just have to "say" I haven't made any mistakes or do I have to prove it somehow? Cuz I'm not above lying if I get a free Camaro out of it, welllllllllllllll..................
JustAGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 04:36 PM   #76
johndawg
I'd rather be shooting...

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black/Black
Send a message via AIM to johndawg
It's seems like an honest mistake that they are owning up to.

At least you'll have a story to tell friends over beer one day.

The Official Photographer of the 2010, 2011 & 2012 Camaro5 Fests!!! www.theshuttergroup.com
johndawg is offline   Reply With Quote