The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 10-14-2021, 06:28 AM   #15
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin19 View Post
Our resident Dodge owner will be happy with this thread but, for some reason he still misses his Camaro, go figure.
Yes I was thinking the same thing!
Old 10-14-2021, 06:39 AM   #16
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin19 View Post
Our resident Dodge owner will be happy with this thread but, for some reason he still misses his Camaro, go figure.

That is so funny, comment of the year!
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 06:43 AM   #17
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Just not a fan of that car at all. If that was the last pony car available, I go without.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 06:51 AM   #18
Puddin

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaska View Post
You want more variety in exhaust pipes and intakes than what’s already out there? Ok.
No but id like to have some different injector and hpfp options to help bring the price down across the board.
Puddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 06:53 AM   #19
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Dodge drops Hellcats and 392s in everything and continually evolve the Challenger and Charger. Print, digital and commercial advertising everywhere. Discounts, financing and lease options

Dodge cares. GM/Chevy doesn't and it shows

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 06:54 AM   #20
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
Yes I was thinking the same thing!
Farmer needs to get back into a Camaro, that's just all there is to it!
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 07:47 AM   #21
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Aggressive advertising including using social media.

Aggressive discounts including the Power Days or Dollar Days (or whatever it's called) sales event with discounts like $10 per HP including Hellcats, Durangos, etc.

Aggressive strategies offering trucks at comparably low prices to get people in the door where they see Challys on the sales floor...it's a powerful motivator for customers to return. I leased a brand new Ram 1500 for much less than the competition offered.

Aggressive commercials with heart pumping theatrics including burnouts, enthusiastic city driving...gets the adrenaline flowing.

Tons of options without having to add on option groups and packages like you have to do with Mustangs. 301a, 401a, PP, PP1, Pony Package, yada yada. Dodge simplified the process of adding options.

And many other reasons. Dodge has slowly crept up over years of fine tuning and making improvements. This was bound to happen sooner or later.
You're absolutely correct. A star can only burn for so long. Think of these cars like celebrities'; once they are out of the limelight, it is just a matter of time.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 07:48 AM   #22
zaimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
Just not a fan of that car at all. If that was the last pony car available, I go without.
I agree, I've never been a big fan of the Challengers since they were initially released (as the modern version anyway). I think the widebody versions do look much better, however. I love that the car has retained much of it's heritage, but its not for me..
Old 10-14-2021, 07:53 AM   #23
zaimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Dodge drops Hellcats and 392s in everything and continually evolve the Challenger and Charger. Print, digital and commercial advertising everywhere. Discounts, financing and lease options

Dodge cares. GM/Chevy doesn't and it shows
I think the Hellcat movement has done wonders for not only the Challenger and Charger, but Dodge in general. The Hellcat sales themselves may not have brought the number of units up to exceed the Mustang, but the association with the Hellcat has. (people will buy say an SXT or an RT because it is similar, but also something they can afford). I feel we don't really have that with the Camaro nor the Mustang. The Camaro SS and the Mustang GT's are the "top dog models" in the general eyes (though most of us car guys know otherwise - we are the minority)... there isn't much to aspire to, in comparison with Dodge's Hellcat.

The Hellcat is widely known as one of the kings of the street, with a stupid amount of horsepower straight from the factory. It is a name that nearly anyone can recognize. The same could not be said about the ZL1, for example. The average joe on the street has no knowledge between an LT1 Camaro or a ZL1. You say Hellcat, and they immediately know it means serious muscle.
Old 10-14-2021, 08:06 AM   #24
Zone5

Drives: Camaro ZL1, Dodge TRX
I'm sure there are more than me, but I sold a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody and bought a 2021 Camaro ZL1. I loved the Challenger, but I had bought it off of the lot, and it had a few options and styling choices that weren't my thing. Driving it though was a blast. Quite different than the ZL1. Stand on the gas in the Redeye and all hell breaks loose. The tires are furiously spinning despite traction control, the car is sideways, and you the driver better lift slightly or you'll be in the weeds. It's quite a wild ride.

The ZL1 is totally different. Stand on the gas and it just goes, like a bat out of hell. No drama, just acceleration. The ZL1 is easier to drive. And the ZL1 corners way better. The Redeye Widebody does come with a suspension tuned for the road-course, but there's no getting around the extra 600 pounds, most of it in the front of the car. I like the smaller size of the Camaro better too.

My plan as of now is to keep the Camaro a few years and eventually buy a 2023 or 24 ZO6. We'll see.

PS. I totally agree with Zaimer's post immediately above.
Zone5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 08:24 AM   #25
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
What most do not realize is Chevy wants to get out of the ICE market as fast as possible. FCA does not. Chevy wants to crawl up to the progressive left and make green cars. FCA who are more European based thinking wants to continue the ICE as long as possible. Chevy has already turned the corner away from v8 rear wheel drive too all electric and turbo 4 cylinder transportation.
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 08:32 AM   #26
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
I think you guys are over-thinking this. 2021 sales are heavily influenced by the semi-conductor shortage. Look at the amount of time that Lansing Grand River was down for chip shortages and the amount of time Flat Rock was down for chip shortages plus additional downtime due to a hazardous waste situation that forced a weeks long neighborhood evacuation. In contrast, Brampton Assembly has had very little, if any downtime due to the chip shortage. In 2022 when things are once a gain relatively normal, Mustang will again be on top, Camaro will remain on the bottom, and Challenger will fall somewhere in between, but closer to Camaro.

Should also note, zaimler is spot on.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 08:37 AM   #27
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Challengers were neat when they debuted, but dear god is that a tired design at this point.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 11:14 AM   #28
MATEOLT1SS

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS 10-speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaska View Post
Meh. Challengers and Mustangs are god damn everywhere. Camaros are a lot more rare and I’m ok with that.
AMEN!!!
MATEOLT1SS is offline   Reply With Quote