Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-22-2016, 09:04 PM   #1
bhavyas

Drives: 2016 1SS Yellow
Hit 2000 miles and some problems suddenly kicked in!!!

Hey Folks.. hope you all are having a great time with your camaro. I am having a great time.. but over the weekend I noticed some issues that have me worried.

1. I started my car today and put in reverse and bam... got a "service rear vision system" error on the screen.. The guide lines disappeared. I immediately took a picture of it and have pasted it below for reference. I restarted my car and put it back in reverse and the error was gone.. But this is fishy.. and a quick search on line showed a lot of chevy vehicles were impacted by this. So anyone else have this issue? If yes, did you take it to the dealer and get it resolved.

2. Bad Bad odor coming out from the ac vents. I cant describe the smell but its like some food gone bad and it becomes strong it gets stuck in the head and only a strong coffee helped me get the smell out of my head. On my side the first thing I did was after parking my vehicle, looked down to see if the water was falling down from the ac. It is NOT. I can hear the droplets falling, but nothing on the floor. Makes me think that the water gets clogged somewhere and now giving rise to moss growth. Again I remember someone else having this issue. So please let me know what I can do about this. I cant switch on my ac anymore cause the stink is that bad. a car freshner isnt helping it.

3. Hill start assist. Never ever kicks in... not even on the freaky SF slopes. I was driving in the city the other day... not once did it kick in when the car was on an upslope and 1st gear. Now I get around it by just putting the e-brake on and when I need to move.. I accelerate harder and that takes care of the e-brake. So is there something you guys do to kick it in... I have got used to just using the ebrake and accelerating through it.. but I am not sure if I am causing excessive wear.

So guys please help me out. Let me know if you guys have had similar issues and how did you overcome them.
Attached Images

Old 05-22-2016, 09:40 PM   #2
2016SS

Drives: 2016 Summit White 2SS
I'm not 100% on this but there may be a option in the settings that completely disables the hill assist? Maybe check the manual I'm sure others will chime in on it could be turned off.
2016 Camaro 2SS Summit built 3/28/16 delivered
2018 Camaro ZL1 cancelled by GM 😡
2019 Corvette 2lt Z51
2016SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 09:42 PM   #3
Lhughes
FlaRebel

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Why not take the car in for warranty repair.. Seems this is serious to warrant it..

Order Number - TCQP5Z
Status - 1100 (12/10)
Status - 3400 (2/15)TPW
Status - 3800 (2/27) Built
Status - 6000 (4/6) Got it

Some history..
Status - 4200 (3/15) Floating around somewhere:ion:
Status - 4300 (3/17)
Status - 4B00 (3/18) Lansing Delta Autoport
Status - 4300 (3/19) New Boston North side Parking lot
Status - 6000 (3/20) Just because I did paperwork early
Lhughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 09:53 PM   #4
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
The service rear vision message is probably a bug in the software. You may want to see if you have the latest software update. If it went away by restarting the car and Mylink it is like rebooting a home computer to fix a software bug. You may not experience it for a long time...

Not sure on the AC but on my gen 5 I would never see the AC condensation ever hit the floor. Not sure where it went actually.
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 10:06 PM   #5
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Problems that come and go can be low batt voltage.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 11:17 PM   #6
bhavyas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Problems that come and go can be low batt voltage.
Why would a low battery voltage lead to that message ..not sure about it.. Also, I was driving the car for about 10 mins ...then stopped to pick up my aunt..and thats when i got this message. So I dont think it was a low battery voltage...
Old 05-23-2016, 08:07 AM   #7
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
As far as the A/C odor goes. I have always had this problem intermittently in every car I have owned. I noticed in a thread here the other day a guy mentioned turning the a/c and the recirculate function off but letting the fan still pull fresh air through the system for a short period before shutting the car off. Honestly I couldn't believe that hadn't dawned on me before. It makes complete sense and works great. I haven't had a single odor issue in my 120,000 mile daily driver since.

Keep in mind you don't have to do it for a long time. I probably spend the last minute of my commute with the a/c and recirc. off and the vent fan on at least 1 setting above low speed. So don't feel like you need to run the car with A/C off for a miserable amount of time. Essentially you only run it just long enough for the air exiting the vents to return to ambient air temp instead of cold A/C flow.
Old 05-23-2016, 08:16 AM   #8
blazing_nitro

Drives: 2016 1SS
Same experience with the hill assist. Only works a very few times and when I want it on steep inclines it doesn't kick in.
blazing_nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 09:00 AM   #9
Vyncynt

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS (on order)
I didn't even know there was a hill assist until it kicked in.

No odor yet. My wife's 2015 Impala has the odor, but replacing the cabin air filter seems to help. For some reason though, it seems to come and go. Perhaps there is mildew or something causing it. I have never had the odor with any other car I owned.

"Ahhh! Take care to get what you like or you will be forced to like what you get!"
- Lyrics from a song from Scooter: "Apache Rock the Bottom!"

Previously owned
1998 BMW 540 w/M-series package
1991 Trans Am GTA
1985 Saab 900 Turbo (Burned leaded fuel on the Autobahn)
1985 Firebird (R.I.P.)
1976 Camaro LT
Vyncynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 11:33 AM   #10
Algeron

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Convertible, 1998 Z28
I have seen another post on here about a sock/foot smell from the AC. I don't have time to search for it at the moment. I will try to remember to link it later.
Old 05-23-2016, 11:39 AM   #11
bhavyas

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk3888 View Post
As far as the A/C odor goes. I have always had this problem intermittently in every car I have owned. I noticed in a thread here the other day a guy mentioned turning the a/c and the recirculate function off but letting the fan still pull fresh air through the system for a short period before shutting the car off. Honestly I couldn't believe that hadn't dawned on me before. It makes complete sense and works great. I haven't had a single odor issue in my 120,000 mile daily driver since.

Keep in mind you don't have to do it for a long time. I probably spend the last minute of my commute with the a/c and recirc. off and the vent fan on at least 1 setting above low speed. So don't feel like you need to run the car with A/C off for a miserable amount of time. Essentially you only run it just long enough for the air exiting the vents to return to ambient air temp instead of cold A/C flow.
The funny thing is.. I never have the AC set on the recirc. mode. Its always pulling fresh air.
Old 05-23-2016, 11:39 AM   #12
bhavyas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algeron View Post
I have seen another post on here about a sock/foot smell from the AC. I don't have time to search for it at the moment. I will try to remember to link it later.
Thank you..
Old 05-23-2016, 01:33 PM   #13
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
so sad

Man !!! the closer Im getting to pulling the trigger on an 16 SS the more of these dumb ass problems keep coming up. This is some sad S****...They should have just left well enough alone as far as changing the plant location. The 15s didn't go thru half of this. I don't care If the car is built at Toys R Us as long as it is built properly.(A few problems is normal BUT THIS IS RIDICULOUS.) this MIGHT force me to wait for a 17.
Old 05-23-2016, 01:37 PM   #14
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA BEE View Post
Man !!! the closer Im getting to pulling the trigger on an 16 SS the more of these dumb ass problems keep coming up. This is some sad S****...They should have just left well enough alone as far as changing the plant location. The 15s didn't go thru half of this. I don't care If the car is built at Toys R Us as long as it is built properly.(A few problems is normal BUT THIS IS RIDICULOUS.) this MIGHT force me to wait for a 17.
Just don't go ordering a 2016 SS from the dealer most of them don't know you can't order a 2016 anymore. You'll be able to order a 2017 though the wait is a killer.
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote