Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 10-11-2016, 01:01 PM   #29
JACKPAC

Drives: Camaro 2SS
So, what you're saying is that you parked far enough away that a errant shopping cart can pick up enough speed to do some damage. That's smart thinking. I try to protect mine by parking it in between 2 shield-like cars and also I like to leave a lot of dirt and dust on my paint to protect it from the environment.
JACKPAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 01:03 PM   #30
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDG23 View Post
Yeah I don't get it why people on here act butt hurt because you say Walmart parking lots are zoo's, they most certainly are. I didn't see you calling people scum because they shop at Walmart so I don't know why they took it that way.
Because Interwebz that's why.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 01:54 PM   #31
shockandawe

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieRocket View Post
I do the same thing, and when i come out theres like 3 to five cars parked next to me everytime! Smh
I see you take 2 spots, that's an invitation to trouble.
shockandawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 05:12 PM   #32
TheZman

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS m6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDG23 View Post
Yeah I don't get it why people on here act butt hurt because you say Walmart parking lots are zoo's, they most certainly are. I didn't see you calling people scum because they shop at Walmart so I don't know why they took it that way.
I have no idea either. . And like ive said i shop at Walmart too.. Lol
TheZman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 05:29 PM   #33
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Walmart parking lots are filled with runaway carts. I don't know why it's so difficult for people to place them in their correct spots.. Walmart also needs to man some more parking lot attendants, if they even have any.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 05:43 PM   #34
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
Walmart parking lots are filled with runaway carts. I don't know why it's so difficult for people to place them in their correct spots.. Walmart also needs to man some more parking lot attendants, if they even have any.
Well here's the deal. It's no secret Walmart is one of the worst places to work for. If you're willing to pay 10 cents more per item, I'm sure they could afford some extra folks to help collect the carts.

Yes, people leave carts lying around all over the place regardless of store -- that's human nature of laziness and entitlement, not to exert any effort beyond what's required once you get what you want at the store. But if you suck it up and go to a slightly more expensive place, the odds are they will do a better job at cart collection. At least that's what I observe near me.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 05:52 PM   #35
vet757

Drives: ^^^This
If you must go to walmart use their Walmart Grocery service. You pick up your groceries without getting out of your car. Otherwise stay away from walmart or park on the farthest spot available.
vet757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 06:08 PM   #36
Moc96
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I'll admit that since I park so far away I rarely put my cart back, but I aways shove it up onto one of those mulch covered curbed islands. All 4 wheels, so not only won't it roll into any cars, it's not blocking a space either.
Moc96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 08:57 AM   #37
TheZman

Name:  20161009_120241.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  135.4 KB
Old 10-12-2016, 08:59 AM   #38
TheZman

Theres a pic i took of it before i left^... Look at the dudes in the back ground. Make your own conclusion! It like they were waiting for it to hit. Weather they did it or not it does show that people definitely pay attention to the car. Unlike someone that posted that people dont even notice or care about it!
Old 10-12-2016, 09:13 AM   #39
Hyper16
A Heartbeat Away.........

Drives: Not As Fast As I Would Like To
Well there goes 15 minutes of my life I will never get back.
2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS | A8 | MRC | Sunroof | Nav | Mishimoto Catch Can | GM CAI | Hurst Shifter | Borla S-Type Exhaust | Body Color Splash Guards | 1LE Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | ZL1 Third Brake Light | Custom Fuel Door, Badges & Bowties | Oracle Side Markers | Blacked Out Stuff | Opti-Coat Pro+

The problem with this world is stupidity.
I'm not saying there should be penalties for stupidity,
but why don't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem solve itself.
Hyper16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 09:27 AM   #40
hazy

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
they're probably just wondering why you are taking a random picture of them and a shopping cart.

I get it, and understand. Nobody likes their sh*t being messed with. My car has dings and scratches that come with 6 years of daily driving, but I still try to keep it as nice as I can. Don't disagree with you that a person shouldn't try that.

But, my comments were directed at the general idea of your post, and the subject you chose to title it with. You're griping about something that could have happened, and painting, with a broad stroke, a picture of everyone out to get you/your car because they're jealous that it isn't theirs. Later in the thread, you start saying how you're just griping about how folks don't put their carts up, and nothing else. The overall tone of your initial post smacks of entitlement and judgement, then you seem to change your tune and say that you wish folks would be more courteous and put their carts back.

I totally agree with the idea that everyone should have the courtesy to park their carts in the appropriate spaces that are (usually) provided throughout the lot.

I do not agree with your assessment that everyone who shops at walmart is so jealous of your car that they would park a cart 10 feet from it with the hopes that it will run into your car. If they truly wanted to damage your ride, they probably would have.

Also, it sure doesn't look like you were parked 100ft away from anything, judging from that pic...perhaps park farther back?

Maybe they were thinking about messing with your car, maybe they weren't, but if you spend all your time worrying about what's going to happen to the car, you're gonna have a hard time enjoying having it. At least now you know...avoid the places where it could potentially be damaged and only drive/park in (relatively) safer roads/establishments.

Either way, enjoy the ride....
hazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 09:49 AM   #41
TheZman

Well it is what it is. Only thing i regret is the title of my post. I was just mad at the time. But i wont park my car anywhere near Walmart again lesson learned. I have friends that there cars were damaged pretty good at Walmart. Keyed , door dings and shopping carts smashed into the sides of them.. Just trying to remind everyone to watch were they park!!
Old 10-12-2016, 10:14 AM   #42
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheZman View Post
Well it is what it is. Only thing i regret is the title of my post.
Because you misspelled jealous?

[/grammar police]
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote