Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 03-25-2019, 08:07 PM   #1
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
2020 Chevrolet Corvette Order Guide Reveals LT2 Engine, Z51 Performance Package

GM Inside News posted an article about the LT2 on the 2020 Corvette Order Guide.

https://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/...ackage-292585/
Mark114 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 08:20 PM   #2
fivewunoh

Drives: 18 NFG 1ss M6
Those packages look crazy.
I'm down for chevy making the corvette it's dual clutch only, halo supercar and making the Camaro the new corvette with manual options.
fivewunoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 09:01 AM   #3
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivewunoh View Post
Those packages look crazy.
I'm down for chevy making the corvette it's dual clutch only, halo supercar and making the Camaro the new corvette with manual options.
I don't think Camaro could survive if positioned as the Corvette option in the Chevy lineup. yes performance wise it would do fine, but Camaro needs lower end trims to survive.

Also the Camaro will never be a Corvette. I think trying to position it as such would alienate the appeal both cars have. Example, owning a brand new corvette for me is a bucket list item. It IS America's sports car. If the time comes when it's right for me to own one, but Corvette has moved upscale and Camaro moved in it's place sorry wouldn't even consider it.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 09:26 AM   #4
V8 Firebird

Drives: ⚡Electric TM3 ⚡
Seems C8 wouldn't have option of stick shift. I guess that those GM die-hard performance fans and manual fans have to look or move to the Camaro.

And C8 seems it will continue our be loved OHV V8 in based one. I think next gen Camaro would get that same LT2 engine in SS model, if GM confirms to continue Camaro.

Last edited by V8 Firebird; 03-26-2019 at 09:39 AM.
V8 Firebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 09:49 AM   #5
staples87

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
I'm kind of surprised they're not offering a manual.

I did figure they were going to stick with the A8, since the A10 automatic is too big to fit in the chassis. The DCT (dual clutch transmission) is going to be a really nice added touch.

It sounds like Chevy is going after the European market.
staples87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 10:04 AM   #6
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
Manual transmissions account for just 2 percent of all vehicles sold in 2018, according to data from Edmunds.com. In 2006, 47 percent of new models in the U.S. were offered with automatics and manuals. Now it’s down to 20 percent and dropping sharply.

“For automakers it will be simpler when the manual dies,” said Ivan Drury, senior analyst at Edmunds.com. “It’s kind of a hassle for them to offer both, same with dealers. Given the market forces, it’s going to go away.”
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 10:33 AM   #7
V8 Firebird

Drives: ⚡Electric TM3 ⚡
Non stick shift doesn't really mean that they will never offer it again.

Like Porsche didn't want to make sticker for 991 GT3 early. Until they realized only offer DCT couldn't get much profits they want, so they did bring back manual in 991 GT3.
Old 03-26-2019, 11:03 AM   #8
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
meh. I'm not sure who the corvette even appeals to. It's too expensive to get the interest/purchases of a decent market and it's not made with quality parts to get the rich money (still filled with cheap plastic interiors like all US cars). And it likely never will as the stigma would take too long to reverse if they started now. The majority of fans interested in the technical aspects of it can't afford it, those who can usually dont care about the technical reasons why it's better than the competition.

Chevy would do itself a favor and just copy how the mustang lineup works. Same car, trims down to the cheap seats all the way up to the box seats. Make that the camaro lineup (or call it whatever, since the camaro technically died with the fbody), relegate the corvette to limited number exclusive run-offs like the Ford GT.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 11:17 AM   #9
RealG

Drives: 2024 2SS
Not surprised it has auto transmission the new GT500 had no manual transmission , they finally introduced the ZL1 1LE with an automatic transmission.
Manual transmissions as indicated by the sales are much much more popular in these threads and on forums than they are in real life.
RealG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 02:37 PM   #10
Raptor Jesus
Banned

Drives: Camaro
All the old people are getting all upset that it's changing. Well... it has to. The core customers who have been buying them are dying...literally. It has to reinvent itself and move with the times or the car will not be around much longer. The purists always get mad when things change but if they didn't we'd all be on bias ply tires and a 4 speed with lap belts.
Raptor Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 02:43 PM   #11
SteveV

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro 6M Red Hot
Are my eyes playing tricks on me, or does the DCT line say "6 speed Auto, dual clutch"?

Seems odd it is a 6 speed vs a 7 or 8 speed.
Old 03-26-2019, 02:48 PM   #12
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
Are my eyes playing tricks on me, or does the DCT line say "6 speed Auto, dual clutch"?

Seems odd it is a 6 speed vs a 7 or 8 speed.
8 speed DCT.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 02:52 PM   #13
triggerjerk

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor Jesus View Post
All the old people are getting all upset that it's changing. Well... it has to. The core customers who have been buying them are dying...literally. It has to reinvent itself and move with the times or the car will not be around much longer. The purists always get mad when things change but if they didn't we'd all be on bias ply tires and a 4 speed with lap belts.
This. Oh, and give the Camaro SS the LT2 asap. That would cause a stir . . .
triggerjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 02:52 PM   #14
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor Jesus View Post
Older people tend to buy automatics when it comes to Vettes. About 22% of Vettes sold are manuals. Pretty much the same percentage as manuals for the Camaro.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote