Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-18-2017, 07:38 PM   #1
BomberCamaro

Drives: 2017 Camaro I4T/2002 Camaro Z/28
Before/After tune comparisons

Hey everybody, I haven't posted in awhile, but I decided to show comparisons from before and after RPM tunes my M6 when it comes to horsepower, torque, mpg, etc. This weekend I'll be going to dyno the car (pretty sure it is a dynojet, will verify later) to get a baseline. All pulls will be done in 5th gear, the 1:1. Current mods are Injen 7300, ZZP catless downpipe, muffler delete, and I ordered the RPM throttle body kit with their tune. I had seen some mixed opinions on whether or not we can go flex fuel with E85, and not just a straight E47 or E85 tune which I can't do. If we can do flex fuel, I will be doing that as well.

If you would like me to compare any certain things, please let me know before I get tuned. Unfortunately I don't have hp tuners or a wideband at this exact moment, but anything outside of that I would be more than happy to test.

This process will also be documented on my Instagram account as well.

Follow my mod journey!

So far... 20x9.5 Curva Concepts C-300, Injen 7300 CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM charge pipe, 67mm TB, ZZP tune, Snow meth injection, muffler delete, RPI Designs front splitter, black SS spoiler, tinted windows, black bowties, and driver mod.

Instagram- @Arctic_Blast_Camaro
BomberCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 07:59 PM   #2
6th_gen_gino

Drives: 2016 camaro 2.0t gray
Awesome man I'll be keeping track of your thread, btw we can't use a flex fuel sensor yet...what's your IG
6th_gen_gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 10:40 PM   #3
BomberCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6th_gen_gino View Post
Awesome man I'll be keeping track of your thread, btw we can't use a flex fuel sensor yet...what's your IG
@arctic_blast_camaro, and what cooper said is why I was investigating. I had emailed them the question a few days back, but have yet to receive an answer. As mentioned above, it would have to be a flex fuel setup for me to be able to do it. Unfortunately a lot of places I go don't have E85 to mix for even an E47 tune. Hopefully they get back to me soon on it. I did notice in another thread that ZZP said we can't, so I'm interested in seeing why RPM can.

Follow my mod journey!

So far... 20x9.5 Curva Concepts C-300, Injen 7300 CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM charge pipe, 67mm TB, ZZP tune, Snow meth injection, muffler delete, RPI Designs front splitter, black SS spoiler, tinted windows, black bowties, and driver mod.

Old 09-19-2017, 03:33 AM   #4
Beast-Y-Blue

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 Camaro turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by BomberCamaro View Post
@arctic_blast_camaro, and what cooper said is why I was investigating. I had emailed them the question a few days back, but have yet to receive an answer. As mentioned above, it would have to be a flex fuel setup for me to be able to do it. Unfortunately a lot of places I go don't have E85 to mix for even an E47 tune. Hopefully they get back to me soon on it. I did notice in another thread that ZZP said we can't, so I'm interested in seeing why RPM can.
This will be interesting. If they are able to get that flex fuel tuned , that would be amazing
Beast-Y-Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 07:14 PM   #5
Raph

Drives: Camaro 2.0t
Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 05:18 AM   #6
ChicagoTommy

Drives: 2017 Camaro; 2017 Acadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast-Y-Blue View Post
This will be interesting. If they are able to get that flex fuel tuned , that would be amazing
I, too, am very interested. I'd love to run Ethanol in my Camaro.
ChicagoTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 06:29 PM   #7
BomberCamaro

Their response... "We sell on average 3 of our Flex Fuel Sensor kits per week and I know that many of them are headed to 2017's so my guess would be that there are no issues that we have been made aware of..

We tune about 5 LTG's per week and 17's have the same ethanol sensor tables as the 16's so I'm guessing we are good to go.."

I guess I'll go ahead and order one. As Larry Enticer says, "just gunna send it!"

Follow my mod journey!

Old 09-21-2017, 05:43 PM   #8
Beast-Y-Blue

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 Camaro turbo
Quote:
Their response... "We sell on average 3 of our Flex Fuel Sensor kits per week and I know that many of them are headed to 2017's so my guess would be that there are no issues that we have been made aware of..

We tune about 5 LTG's per week and 17's have the same ethanol sensor tables as the 16's so I'm guessing we are good to go.."

I guess I'll go ahead and order one. As Larry Enticer says, "just gunna send it!"
So they are playing the guessing game.
Wow....interesting....
Beast-Y-Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 06:06 PM   #9
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
My understanding as to why some can't and some can is that the pin location you would plug your sensor into has changed for 16+ Camaro, vs the previous years ATS... In theory some haven't found it yet, and in theory, some have.

This is supposed to be why initially some kits that first went on sale were not working.

This info comes from a reliable source that has confirmed the pin is different, and found the correct pin in both the LTG and LGX v6, he had offered to set me up with an e85 sensor setup, but alas, the nearest e85 station is 3-4 hours away from me, and I'm not gonna ship it in by the drum.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 09:37 PM   #10
BomberCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@ View Post
My understanding as to why some can't and some can is that the pin location you would plug your sensor into has changed for 16+ Camaro, vs the previous years ATS... In theory some haven't found it yet, and in theory, some have.

This is supposed to be why initially some kits that first went on sale were not working.

This info comes from a reliable source that has confirmed the pin is different, and found the correct pin in both the LTG and LGX v6, he had offered to set me up with an e85 sensor setup, but alas, the nearest e85 station is 3-4 hours away from me, and I'm not gonna ship it in by the drum.
Sorry Jason, I'm kind of confused by what you said.. Are you trying to say that early developed kits were setup for the wrong pin, or are you saying that it's hit or miss whether 16+ Camaros even have that pin. Almost as if different Camaros have different PCM pin inputs. Appreciate the help though!

I had an issue with my card and won't be able to purchase it until next week anyways, so we have more time to figure these kinks out. Martin offered to ship it to me 2 day air though, so props to him. Also I should have mentioned he gave me a really good military discount on everything. Always love supporting the businesses that support us!

Follow my mod journey!

Old 09-22-2017, 01:50 AM   #11
BomberCamaro

That makes much more sense! And thank you for the support Cooper, I really appreciate it

So I did some digging in previous forum posts, and you weren't kidding.. There wasn't one person to successfully get it to work. I also saw a forum post where they had purchased a kit from RPM and it told them to install it into pin 39 when that pin was already occupied...

SO, on that note, I'm feeling super hesitant to be a test mule while I'm voiding my warranty at 8k miles with no other car currently with me. If I talk to him and he can explain EXACTLY how he can activate this kit, not just some gibberish that sounds technical and guessing it will work, should I go on and do it? My gut is telling me no and just be happy on 93 for awhile and when somebody perfects this, I can always go E-85 later.

Also, back to the reason I started this thread, is there anything you would like me to compare before I get tuned. I plan on doing the MPG tests on Saturday while I drive to the dyno.

Follow my mod journey!

Old 09-29-2017, 03:54 AM   #12
BomberCamaro

So as mentioned in the first post of the thread, here is my current mpg on the stock tune. All of these were done on level ground 180ft above sea level at
80° with the AC on the lowest setting, and in 6th gear (M6 trans). 50mph-42mpg. 60mph-37mpg. 70mph-33mpg. 80mph-27mpg. And for those of you curious, though I didn't stay too long, 20mpg at 100mph. I do have an SS spoiler and a front splitter as well that are creating a slightly different aerodynamic standpoint than how my car came stock, which was with nothing at all.

Still waiting on the tune and also info on E85. I'll probably just call RPM tomorrow and ask over the phone, but I prefer email due to my odd work schedule. Was hoping to have it tuned by next weekend when I go to the Tail of the Dragon, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

Follow my mod journey!

Old 09-29-2017, 01:41 PM   #13
ChicagoTommy

Drives: 2017 Camaro; 2017 Acadia Denali
Quote:
Unfortunately I don't have hp tuners or a wideband at this exact moment, but anything outside of that I would be more than happy to test.
FYI your car has a factory installed wideband O2 sensor. All 2.0t Camaros have that.
ChicagoTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 04:49 PM   #14
BomberCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoTommy View Post
FYI your car has a factory installed wideband O2 sensor. All 2.0t Camaros have that.
Sorry, should have clarified that. I meant I don't have a way of reading the AFR at the moment. Just a thought, but has anybody been able to make a regular AFR gauge read off of the stock wideband? Or replace the secondary 02 sensor with a regular aftermarket wideband?

Follow my mod journey!