Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 02-19-2024, 04:44 AM   #1
WolfCamaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 Camaro
Build ideas for older supercharger

I recently purchased an Edelbrock E-Force supercharger #1559. Was brand new in the packaging for very cheap so I decided to grab it. My car is a 2021 LT1 Camaro with the 10speed running LT2 manifold, e85 and LT5 throttle body. I'm looking for any build ideas, preferably best bang for buck supporting mods, and maybe some more info on this supercharger if anyone currently has it or has used it before.
WolfCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 06:52 AM   #2
Sillysspeed

Drives: 98 Camaro
You are gonna need to do atleast a Jms booster on the low side of the fuel system and the lt4 high side and injectors would get you around e50. That’s a 50/50 mix. Throttle body will work, might need to change air intake pipe. Headers and other mods aren’t really needed until you up the power
Sillysspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 08:24 AM   #3
ramairroughneck

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
It’s not going to give you any glory but relieving crankcase pressure would be at the top of the list for me. The LT1 has the poorest crankcase ventilation of any current v8 in production. I don’t think it is sufficient even in stock form with zero boost. Get a catch can that vents and put a hose on top of it to route the fumes out of the engine bay or you will smell horrible fumes every time you drive anywhere. If it is not addressed you will blow the front seal out of the front cover and you will then have a major oil leak. Beyond that I would say a pulley is going to give you the max bang for the buck until you hit the fuel limits of the lt1. At that point you will need to upgrade to LT4 pump and injectors
ramairroughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 08:44 AM   #4
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
All good points mentioned so far.

One thing to clarify, The LT1 fuel system will be near or at it's limits soon as the supercharger is bolted on. There is no room for pullying down. It would be octane limited on 93 even if it had more fuel system available. It will need the LT4 high side and JMS low side minimum, and the ethanol will need to be blended to around E50 as mentioned in post #2. If the OP wants full E85 then he is going to have to look into a LPE HPFP pump and +30 injectors which would be capable on 8-9psi. Pulley down for 10-11psi and you will be blending to E60 unless targeting a lean AFR. Or go Port Injection.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 03:52 PM   #5
WolfCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramairroughneck View Post
It’s not going to give you any glory but relieving crankcase pressure would be at the top of the list for me. The LT1 has the poorest crankcase ventilation of any current v8 in production. I don’t think it is sufficient even in stock form with zero boost. Get a catch can that vents and put a hose on top of it to route the fumes out of the engine bay or you will smell horrible fumes every time you drive anywhere. If it is not addressed you will blow the front seal out of the front cover and you will then have a major oil leak. Beyond that I would say a pulley is going to give you the max bang for the buck until you hit the fuel limits of the lt1. At that point you will need to upgrade to LT4 pump and injectors
Thanks I'll definitely look into this before install.
Old 02-19-2024, 04:02 PM   #6
WolfCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
All good points mentioned so far.

One thing to clarify, The LT1 fuel system will be near or at it's limits soon as the supercharger is bolted on. There is no room for pullying down. It would be octane limited on 93 even if it had more fuel system available. It will need the LT4 high side and JMS low side minimum, and the ethanol will need to be blended to around E50 as mentioned in post #2. If the OP wants full E85 then he is going to have to look into a LPE HPFP pump and +30 injectors which would be capable on 8-9psi. Pulley down for 10-11psi and you will be blending to E60 unless targeting a lean AFR. Or go Port Injection.
I heard port injection was good for running full E85 with stock LT1 fueling but haven't looked too much into it. If I were to daily drive the car with the supercharger would it be better to go back to 91 octane, run port injection or upgrade fueling system?
Old 02-19-2024, 04:59 PM   #7
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfCamaro View Post
I heard port injection was good for running full E85 with stock LT1 fueling but haven't looked too much into it. If I were to daily drive the car with the supercharger would it be better to go back to 91 octane, run port injection or upgrade fueling system?
TooHighPSI is probably the best port injection kit in the market currently. If I had to do it all over I would have went port several years ago. 91 is trash fuel for a supercharged high compression engine so I’d do what I could to avoid that. It’s fine for cruising but way below optimal under boost so do what you can to run at least a blend of ethanol.
Old 02-20-2024, 04:57 AM   #8
94guy

Drives: 99 Camaro; 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I agree on the Too high port i just switched to it so i could run E. I made huge gains

2010 Camaro
Stock bottom end with 46,000+miles JRE remote tuning Whipple A6 and Drive it to and from the track 9.46@146
94guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 07:17 AM   #9
WolfCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
TooHighPSI is probably the best port injection kit in the market currently. If I had to do it all over I would have went port several years ago. 91 is trash fuel for a supercharged high compression engine so I’d do what I could to avoid that. It’s fine for cruising but way below optimal under boost so do what you can to run at least a blend of ethanol.
I agree that 91 is trash, thats why I would prefer running e85. Can you simply run just port injection plates, supercharger and tune for E85 or is it a lot more complex than that? Not looking for any crazy high HP output just simple want E85 and supercharger to play nicely.
Old 02-20-2024, 08:07 AM   #10
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
I agree that 91 is trash, thats why I would prefer running e85. Can you simply run just port injection plates, supercharger and tune for E85 or is it a lot more complex than that? Not looking for any crazy high HP output just simple want E85 and supercharger to play nicely.
Look up Laynlo's posts. He did THP port, JMS booster, Mag 2300 @ 11psi. It made just over 700whp on E70. The car otherwise was stock other than maybe a rotofab intake.

I run +30 injectors / LPE HPFP / LT4 lows side with JMS and it supports E60 @ 11psi. I went this way because there were no affordable PI setups at the time(2019) and these DI fuel components were half the cost of what they are today. So If I was starting over in 2024, I would likely have port on my car and I would probably go with Katechs dual drop in pump.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA

Last edited by KingLT1; 02-20-2024 at 08:26 AM.
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 11:34 AM   #11
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
I recently purchased an Edelbrock E-Force supercharger #1559. Was brand new in the packaging for very cheap so I decided to grab it. My car is a 2021 LT1 Camaro with the 10speed running LT2 manifold, e85 and LT5 throttle body. I'm looking for any build ideas, preferably best bang for buck supporting mods, and maybe some more info on this supercharger if anyone currently has it or has used it before.
I'm going a different route for your comments, because I see you're in CA. If that's correct, and you bought this for the EO, you can't do anything. Also - I'm not seeing, for smog purposes, that the kit you bought will be exempt (legal) on your car...

If you have to worry about smog, this kit is not going to pass... If this doesn't matter, then kudos' and congrats' on your purchase.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 04:11 PM   #12
WolfCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
Look up Laynlo's posts. He did THP port, JMS booster, Mag 2300 @ 11psi. It made just over 700whp on E70. The car otherwise was stock other than maybe a rotofab intake.

I run +30 injectors / LPE HPFP / LT4 lows side with JMS and it supports E60 @ 11psi. I went this way because there were no affordable PI setups at the time(2019) and these DI fuel components were half the cost of what they are today. So If I was starting over in 2024, I would likely have port on my car and I would probably go with Katechs dual drop in pump.
Thanks king, I looked into his posts and a lot of good info there. I messaged him to answer a few question if hes still around.
Old 02-20-2024, 04:14 PM   #13
WolfCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I'm going a different route for your comments, because I see you're in CA. If that's correct, and you bought this for the EO, you can't do anything. Also - I'm not seeing, for smog purposes, that the kit you bought will be exempt (legal) on your car...

If you have to worry about smog, this kit is not going to pass... If this doesn't matter, then kudos' and congrats' on your purchase.
I'm still good on smog for a couple years and also looking into getting out of California soon. Also thanks I was able to get the kit at a killer deal.
Old 02-20-2024, 05:44 PM   #14
WiggyB

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
I'll have to second the talk about going with the THPSI kit with the JMS BAP. I had done the LT4 fueling and meth prior to hearing about the port kit but since the install nothing but pure joy. You can't beat the power and safety the port allows you.