Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-12-2012, 06:27 PM   #1
2ndCamaro79

Drives: 2014 V-Sport/ 2015 Escalade
Wink Ford: They Are What We Thought They Were

Its a plane, its a train, its.... good news for the ZL1 camp! For Camaro fans and especially us fanboys, today we got some good news! It was good news, but was it really new news? Before we take a look at that, the good news was InsideLine's comparison of the Shelby and ZL1. From reading the article it was clear not only is the ZL1 the better handling car, but its just the better car. I am not taking shots at the Shelby, its fast ... wait its really fast, but thats it. If you look at the the reviews of the Shelby, it seems like that special something is still missing. That special something that the Boss has, and that everyone loves who drives the Boss. Every media outlet declared the Boss the best Mustang ever, such praise has yet to be laid on the Shelby. GM/SLP makes a Camaro thats fast in a straight line (SLP585/SLP ZL1) but when reviewed they seem to lack something that the ZL1 has. That something is completeness and the ZL1 and Boss have it in spades.

We all knew if the Shelby could hook up it would be faster in a straight line with all the extra HP. We also all knew it would be hard the aging Mustang platform to keep up on the track. So really we have not learned anything new today. Ford's most complete and rewarding car is the Boss. GM's most complete and rewarding car is the ZL1. The ZL1 trumps the Boss so we WIN!!! (As far as 1/4 mile see video below)

Ok, Mustangs guys I am just having a little fun. Both camps have great cars and there is a flavor for whatever your taste are. For me its the ZL1, but I still believe the ZL1 is leaving something on the table(see vid below) and the best is yet to come "Keep The Faith"

p.s. replace the word Bears with the word Ford for correct analogy

2ndCamaro79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:28 PM   #2
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Big thread on this elsewhere.