The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 12-26-2013, 08:49 AM   #43
shine2013

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT
I'm not a fan of leases so I say buy.
shine2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 09:48 AM   #44
chef-beavis

Drives: IOM 2013 2SS/RS, Greenie, 06 FXSTBi
I have a co-worker I ride to lunch with nearly daily. He is on his 3rd CTS-V. Phenomenal cars. 06 six speed sedan, 09 auto sedan, and now a 2012 6 speed coupe. The newer two have been bulletproof and he drives them. His 09 pearl white sedan is at Nappletons in Rockford, IL. Awesome car. Certified I think.
chef-beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:30 AM   #45
TOBY J

Drives: BLOWN CAMARO SS PORSCHE PANNY TURBO
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDISIN View Post
Congratulations! Hard to go wrong with a M5. I did European delivery with a friend when he ordered his M3. A little pretentious for me but to each his own. He still drives around with his EU plate on the front.

Cadillac has the V-Series Academy btw. Fly to Las Vegas, pick up your Caddy and do the performance driving course.

I'm glad the purchase process has gone so well. I suppose when you're spending north of $100k on a car you should expect it. I sincerely hope your maintenance and warranty experience is trouble-free. Those oil pump failures left a lot of new M5's parked on dealer lots for weeks waiting for parts. A family friend of ours got so frustrated waiting to drive his two-month old M5, he traded it for a Panamera Turbo!

European press and awards always go to European vehicles as they represent 90%+ of the market there. We have much more in terms of offerings and selection here which makes competition fierce and reviews more critical. It's a big, powerful performance sedan, no question. It just felt too much like a big luxury sedan with more HP and not the driver-engaged, sharp handling car of previous generations. It's straight-line speed is staggering, yet it's still over a second slower around VIR than the V sedan and coupe from 5 years ago.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...o-2013-page-10

As for styling it's entirely subjective. I tend to find most German interiors an austere place to be. Nothing particularly interesting about them. Then Jaguar releases the new XJ and that interior is a revelation in my mind! We like what we like. I happen to think the new CTS is much more sophisticated looking design that appeals to me more than the last generation did. Yet it still follows in the "Art and Science" design language. Curious to see how "aggressive" the next V comes to look. I suppose the ATS-V will give us a clue.

Don't get me wrong, we've owned several German cars over the years and two British as well. We liked them very much. But the poor reliability, the costly repairs, the nickle-and-diming by the service departments, we just got tired of things NOT working when we needed them to work.

The second car on our list was the E63 AMG which at the time was a bit slower than the V but the interior was the nicest place to be IMHO. It just wasn't $30,000 nicer and no maintenance, no factory backed warranty for track use. It just didn't pull on us the way the V did. Didn't help that my wife had bad experiences with MB in the past.

Everyone I've talked to that has done the delivery in SC for the performance school has had a great time. Post some pics of the car and the burnt rubber on your rear quarter panels!!
LOVE the performance/handling
look of the PANAMERA turbo
when they're done up right
3.7 0-60 and 11.7 1/4 mile
although $165k is a lot of coin

Last edited by TOBY J; 01-03-2014 at 10:50 AM.
TOBY J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:47 AM   #46
TOBY J

Drives: BLOWN CAMARO SS PORSCHE PANNY TURBO
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndCamaro79 View Post
I am doing the lease loan work for the 2014 M5 as we speak, but not sure I want to spend this much I was getting a 2012 CTS-V from Carmax with 12k miles, but the CarFax said it was in an accident I test drove the ATS, if its not a premium with the MRC shocks it rides worse than my SS. I just can't get the looks of the CTS to grown on me. Every Caddy dealer I go to agree the looks are kinda off(rear) and the price is kinda high(Vsport). The new M3 is starting to look better and better. The 2015 300 SRT8 is suppose to get some updates, but I have not seen anything yet. I still have no clue what I want to get
congrats M5 is a good choice and much better than the M3.
Panny Turbo would have been the #1 move but i understand it's way moreexpensive
TOBY J is offline   Reply With Quote