The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > New Member Introductions

Old 01-09-2014, 08:45 AM   #1
Elwood

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Newbie from Dawsonville, GA

...home of awesome Bill Elliott and a town particularly fond of American muscle cars.

I was in Orlando on business in October and rented a '13 Camaro RS vert ($55/day - a steal) from Hertz and tooled all over central Florida and realized how much damn fun this car is. Got the bug and since then have been rationalizing how to get a Camaro into my garage.

Found a nice '11 SS vert (manual trans) at the local Chevy dealer and went over for a test drive. When I started it, it was louder than I expected, but assumed all SS's were this loud. Bought it, love it, but was curious about the awesome sound that it produced. Looking at the pipes the prior owner had installed a Solo Performance Mach XL with J-Pipes cat back exhaust. Love the sound, and it takes me back to my high school days (mid-70's) where late 60's Camaros and Firebirds with slot mag wheels and glass packs ruled the day and the parking lot.

While I'm no gearhead I did once rebuild the engine on a '71 Triumph TR6 and know enough to leave this beast to the experts. While I have as much HP as I'll ever need right now, I enjoy getting pointers from the experts on this site.

ISSUE: I am having one helluva time getting any pics to upload to my garage. I've been in the software industry for 30 years and know how to use a damn browser, but can't get the friggin page to upload any pics (no SUBMIT button on Edit Vehicle Profile page, only EDIT). If anyone knows WTF I'm doing wrong, will appreciate any advice.

~Elwood
Elwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:50 AM   #2
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Congrats on the toy and...

Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:55 AM   #3
Spartan01

Drives: Evil Eva, 2010 2SS LS3
"Welcome to the party, pal!"
-John McClane
Old 01-09-2014, 09:32 AM   #4
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwood View Post
...home of awesome Bill Elliott and a town particularly fond of American muscle cars.

I was in Orlando on business in October and rented a '13 Camaro RS vert ($55/day - a steal) from Hertz and tooled all over central Florida and realized how much damn fun this car is. Got the bug and since then have been rationalizing how to get a Camaro into my garage.

Found a nice '11 SS vert (manual trans) at the local Chevy dealer and went over for a test drive. When I started it, it was louder than I expected, but assumed all SS's were this loud. Bought it, love it, but was curious about the awesome sound that it produced. Looking at the pipes the prior owner had installed a Solo Performance Mach XL with J-Pipes cat back exhaust. Love the sound, and it takes me back to my high school days (mid-70's) where late 60's Camaros and Firebirds with slot mag wheels and glass packs ruled the day and the parking lot.

While I'm no gearhead I did once rebuild the engine on a '71 Triumph TR6 and know enough to leave this beast to the experts. While I have as much HP as I'll ever need right now, I enjoy getting pointers from the experts on this site.

ISSUE: I am having one helluva time getting any pics to upload to my garage. I've been in the software industry for 30 years and know how to use a damn browser, but can't get the friggin page to upload any pics (no SUBMIT button on Edit Vehicle Profile page, only EDIT). If anyone knows WTF I'm doing wrong, will appreciate any advice.

~Elwood
Welcome! We have an active group of Camaros locally. We were just in Dawsonville last month for a benefit cruise for Paul Walker's charity at Atlanta Motorsports Park.

About your issue: The edit button is what you need. You need to make sure the photos are the right size. I just tried it and added a picture, but I had to try it twice Good luck. Wonder if your vert is one that belonged to one of our members? I know there have been some issues with the tops on the verts. Please continue to check out the Atlanta Lounge Thread for activities.

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:41 AM   #5
Bowtie-Bri

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS Convt.
Welcome to the Camaro family and Camaro5 Elwood! Congrats on the convertible!
2013 Nickey Stage II Camaro SS Convertible #10.Black w/ Red leather interior. No Weeds Elec. Diverters, CNC ported heads, custom grind cam, upgraded fuel injectors, ZL-1 fuel pump, V-Max ported TB, Red Magnuson Super Charger with rear cog drive, upgraded rear axles good for 1400Hp, 3:45 gears, Tremec 6 spd., Pedders adj. coil overs, Phadt ZL-spec swaybars, 800Hp at the crank, 670RWHP, 613ft.lbs. torq. @ 11lbs. boost. SOLD!!!
Bowtie-Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:18 AM   #6
Diode Dynamics

Drives: Camaro Lighting Experts
Welcome to the forum!

Nick C.
Diode Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:09 PM   #7
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
CONGRATS on your ride and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, dad's, wives', husband's, girlfriend's and boyfriend's here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 01-09-2014, 01:26 PM   #8
Spartan01

Drives: Evil Eva, 2010 2SS LS3
"Welcome to the party, Pal!"
-John McClane
Old 01-09-2014, 04:33 PM   #9
MYDLIFECRISIS

Drives: '12SS/2SS/45TH-'06 2500HD/Silverado
Welcome to C5!

MYDLIFECRISIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 06:12 AM   #10
Elwood

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan01 View Post
"Welcome to the party, pal!"
-John McClane
yippee ki-yay MF
Elwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 07:50 AM   #11
sloSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS RS LS3
Welcome! The Camaro is a great car for our roads in Georgia
sloSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 03:00 PM   #12
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Welcome to the forum! If you ever have any questions or concerns, we are happy to help at any time!

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 03:01 PM   #13
AG1LE

Drives: '14 1LE
Welcome!
AG1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 03:58 PM   #14
Southern Comfort
No Tags/Habitual Violator

Drives: 2012 SIM 2SS/RS & z71
Welcome Elwood! ACE5 puts on a few good events every year. Some cruising required.
Look forward to meeting you this spring.
Southern Comfort is offline   Reply With Quote