Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

AWE Tuning

Old 01-05-2018, 08:00 PM   #85
wrankin
Camaros Of Northwest Ohio

Drives: 2016 Black 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by travislambert View Post
My credit card company decided to refund my deposit (with interest)!

It's my understanding that the dealership can appeal this decision with the credit card company within the next 45 days. After that, the decision is final as far as the CC company is concerned.

Without a signature, I don't think they have a legal leg to stand on so I doubt they'll bother. This should be the end of it.

I still can't wrap my head around why they thought refusing to return my deposit was a good business decision... unbelievable.
Good news, Travis. It's a shame you had to go through all of that

Bill
2013 2SS / RS - AGM / Jet Black (sold)
1970 1/2 Z/28 Classic Copper / Tan (sold many years ago)
wrankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 08:26 PM   #86
wrankin
Camaros Of Northwest Ohio

Drives: 2016 Black 2SS
Quote:

It's my understanding that the dealership can appeal this decision with the credit card company within the next 45 days. After that, the decision is final as far as the CC company is concerned.

Without a signature, I don't think they have a legal leg to stand on so I doubt they'll bother. This should be the end of it.

I still can't wrap my head around why they thought refusing to return my deposit was a good business decision... unbelievable.
Good news, Travis. It's a shame you had to go through all of that

Bill
2013 2SS / RS - AGM / Jet Black (sold)
1970 1/2 Z/28 Classic Copper / Tan (sold many years ago)
wrankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 08:12 AM   #87
Ottawaguy2018

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:

That's awesome, congrats!
Ottawaguy2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 10:59 AM   #88
travislambert

Drives: '17 ZL1
Priority Chevrolet finally responded to the BBB complaint. I thought I'd post it for your entertainment pleasure.

Here's their response:

Quote:
Mr.Lambert special ordered his vehicle and was here within 24hrs of the factory delivering to the dealership. Mr. Lambert claimed oxidation on some metal parts, which only he could see. We allowed him not to finish deal but deposit is not refundable.
And here is my rebuttal:

Quote:
"Mr.Lambert special ordered his vehicle..."
Wow... This is completely FALSE and very easy to disprove! The car's VIN is 1G1FJ1R62J0130795. The GM order # is VNMG3V. According to GM this order was accepted on 8/10/2017. My first contact with the dealer was on 11/02/2017. The car was listed as new inventory on http://www.prioritychevrolet.com, which is how I found it in the first place. The deposit to hold the car was processed on 11/07/2017. For a "special order", any dealer would have required a deposit PRIOR TO placing the order.

Besides, if I were going to "special order" a car, I would have found a dealer at least within my home state... and if that's not enough, GM tracks orders placed for dealer inventory differently than vehicles that are ordered for a customer. This order is recorded as an order for dealer inventory.

I don't know what to say other than this is an easily disprovable complete lie, and it really speaks volumes as to the kind of people who work at this dealership and how they'll lie even with zero supporting evidence.

"...and was here within 24hrs of the factory delivering to the dealership..."
Not that it matters, but this is also FALSE. The car arrived at the dealership on 12/19/2017. I was contacted by the dealership at 5:14PM that day. I arrived at 10:00 AM on 12/21/2017. That's not within 24 hours.

The point is, he's trying to mislead the reader into thinking the car didn't sit outside long. However, the production of the car started on 10/19/2017 and completed on 10/20/2017. The car DID NOT PASS QUALITY INSPECTION, and was held (go figure). After being released, the car then traveled by carrier to a rail depot where it sat outside for a month and a half.

Due to the level of heavy rust/oxidation underneath the car, I can only assume this car was placed on the carrier directly behind the trailer wheels (which is where vehicles with low ground clearance are normally placed). It was then pummeled by road salts and cinders on its way to the railyard. The car then basically sat covered in salt water for the next month and a half. That's the only explanation I can think of for the level of oxidation on this vehicle.

"Mr. Lambert claimed oxidation on some metal parts, which only he could see."
That's also FALSE. The dealer refused to acknowledge the problem, but even Ray Charles could have seen the heavy oxidation. I have pictures of some of the problem areas of the car. Unfortunately, upon mentioning to the dealer that I'd like to take additional pictures, they quickly pulled the car into a detailing area before I had the chance... An obvious sign they too could see the oxidation.

Think about this for a minute... I waited nearly 2 months for this car. When the car arrived, I loaded my trade, a 2017 Camaro ZL1, on a trailer and towed it 8 hours to the dealership. I spent the night in the hotel, and then went to the dealership to pick up the car the next day. I then drove 8 hours back home without purchasing the new car. Would that even make sense if the new car didn't have a major issue? Obviously, I'm very familiar with a 6th Gen Camaro ZL1, so I knew exactly what I was purchasing. Only a problem with the car's condition would explain that scenario. Quite frankly it's sad the dealer is playing this game.

"...We allowed him not to finish deal..."
Thanks, but you didn't have a choice in the matter. I didn't sign anything for this deal.

"...but deposit is not refundable..."
I have all correspondence with the dealer either in writing or in a recorded phone call. Not once was their "not refundable" policy mentioned.

Regardless, in Virginia, a purchase agreement for more than $500 has to be in writing and signed. There are a few exceptions, but none apply here. The dealer's policy is completely irrelevant in this case not only because the car arrived with quality issues, but also because it's simply illegal for them to refuse to refund the deposit without a signed agreement.

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6
2016 Camaro SS M6 w/LT4 (Sold)
travislambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 11:23 AM   #89
ZL1 1LE
@zle_blackwing

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Wow, they're really going to die on this mountain. Amazing!
Old 01-09-2018, 11:36 AM   #90
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Priority Chevrolet finally responded to the BBB complaint. I thought I'd post it for your entertainment pleasure.

Here's their response:

And here is my rebuttal:
Good response! Thanks for posting.

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 11:43 AM   #91
Schrack150

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Black 2SS
Awesome response. Glad you got that deposit back! Sounds like they are thieves.
Schrack150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 12:15 PM   #92
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
Game. Set. Match.
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 12:57 PM   #93
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
Good chuckle. Will that fit in the Google Review section?? lol.

2017 Camaro ZL1 M6 - Everything but the sunroof - Sold

2010 Camaro SS - 650RWHP Daily Driver - Traded
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 06:04 PM   #94
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
So Travis got the deposit back, but does the CC company eat that cost or do they fight to ensure the dealer pays it back? I’m assuming they got it back from the dealership

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 06:07 PM   #95
travislambert

Drives: '17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
So Travis got the deposit back, but does the CC company eat that cost or do they fight to ensure the dealer pays it back? I’m assuming they got it back from the dealership
Sometimes the CC company will eat charges, but I think in this case they pulled the money back from the dealer.

After they refunded the money, they told me that the dealer had 45 days to appeal the decision. This leads me to believe the dealer no longer has the money.

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6
2016 Camaro SS M6 w/LT4 (Sold)
travislambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 10:14 PM   #96
Oldfart

Drives: Silverado, V-70 R
Glad to hear this worked out for you. To my knowledge, the CC company NEVER eats something like this. They'll just take it from the dealers account.

Did you leave them a bad Yelp review I hope?
Oldfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 03:35 PM   #97
Camarofan93

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS & 2018 ZL1 1LE
Glad this worked out for you. When I bought my 18 ZL1 1Le specially ordered brand new I went to pick it up and discovered it had 40 miles on it. Demanded a new car and that made them angry but I ordered it BRAND NEW for a reason. These dealerships are shady!
Camarofan93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 03:56 PM   #98
Block8head

Drives: 2016 Vert 2SS/2018 ZL1 Vert Red Hot
Glad everything worked out on your end. I never have to go thru this with my dealership. all my vehicles are special ordered with no Deposit. I also have the options to take it or leave it if i don't like it when it arrives.
I Ordered the 2016 Ocean Blue Silverado LTZ crew cab 4X4 fully loaded with 6.2l and 8 Speed. Took them almost 2 months.When the truck finally in transit and on it way to the dealer. I changed my mind and reorder the 2016 Black High Country with no options left available to add on and my dealer said " No Problem"
Took another month and I finally have my dream truck. The LTZ truck that i have ordered was sold a week after it arrived at the dealership.
Block8head is offline   Reply With Quote