Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-30-2017, 12:32 PM   #71
george
ZL1 Driver

Drives: Camaro ZL1 & BMW M3/E92
Travis;
Here is a website for a product that I have used. Just an FYI for you.

https://www.krown.com/products/aeros...and-lubricant/
george is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 07:20 PM   #72
devnull
Scientific negotiator

Drives: 2019 Grand Sport
Did the CC company reverse it yet?

So many bad dealers! Really makes the good ones look great (And good for them)!
devnull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 07:25 PM   #73
travislambert

Drives: '17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
Did the CC company reverse it yet?

So many bad dealers! Really makes the good ones look great (And good for them)!
Not yet.

I assume the dealer won't respond to the CC company. So how ever long the CC gives the dealer to respond will be how long it takes.

I've reached out a few times via email to the Priority Auto Group. I've yet to receive a response. I also haven't heard anything from the BBB complaint.

They know they're going to lose this one. My guess is they'll put zero effort into fighting it.

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6
2016 Camaro SS M6 w/LT4 (Sold)
travislambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 07:32 PM   #74
devnull
Scientific negotiator

Quote:
Originally Posted by travislambert View Post
Not yet.

I assume the dealer won't respond to the CC company. So how ever long the CC gives the dealer to respond will be how long it takes.

I've reached out a few times via email to the Priority Auto Group. I've yet to receive a response. I also haven't heard anything from the BBB complaint.

They know they're going to lose this one. My guess is they'll put zero effort into fighting it.
These threads, bad internet feedback, and rightfully upset customers do take their toll on business. Good for you for sticking to what you want and not folding to their clearly shady business practices!

I literally saw that ZL1 1LE on their site in my search for one, and this saved me the time, more so because of their bad manners than the car itself (I tend to consume them haha).

All the best on this one bud, looking forward to seeing "the one" when you find it!

Matthew 25:40

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ
Old 01-03-2018, 09:46 AM   #75
Ottawaguy2018

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Wow

I'm brand new to this site, and live in Canada. But wow! this sounds like a nightmare. Dealers here are Governed by an organization called OMVIC here in Ontario. There is no way a dealer would ever refuse to return a deposit like that. They would be in court so fast. There are still slimy dealers but none that would do that.

It's amazing that GM would want big companies running their stores instead of local dealers who are going to back their customers.

I got a Camaro from Surgenor Barrhaven and the management wasn't that great but my Salesman "Brett" was amazing. He was the biggest Camaro fan I've ever seen and was genuinely excited for me. He did everything in his power to get me the best deal possible and on the pick up he made sure it was perfect. Those are the types of people we need owning dealerships, People who care.

I only went over the first page of this thread, how did this situation turn out?
Ottawaguy2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 09:54 AM   #76
travislambert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawaguy2018 View Post
I'm brand new to this site, and live in Canada. But wow! this sounds like a nightmare. Dealers here are Governed by an organization called OMVIC here in Ontario. There is no way a dealer would ever refuse to return a deposit like that. They would be in court so fast. There are still slimy dealers but none that would do that.

It's amazing that GM would want big companies running their stores instead of local dealers who are going to back their customers.

I got a Camaro from Surgenor Barrhaven and the management wasn't that great but my Salesman "Brett" was amazing. He was the biggest Camaro fan I've ever seen and was genuinely excited for me. He did everything in his power to get me the best deal possible and on the pick up he made sure it was perfect. Those are the types of people we need owning dealerships, People who care.

I only went over the first page of this thread, how did this situation turn out?
No resolution yet, but I spoke with my credit card company again today. They said since I didn't sign anything, there shouldn't be a problem with getting my deposit back. They just have to give the dealership a chance to respond.

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6
Old 01-03-2018, 11:21 AM   #77
Ottawaguy2018

Quote:
No resolution yet, but I spoke with my credit card company again today. They said since I didn't sign anything, there shouldn't be a problem with getting my deposit back. They just have to give the dealership a chance to respond.
I called my Sales guy and told him your situation. He said, dealers use deposits to hold vehicles for customers and that money is never spent or used until after the sale is complete and customer is happy with their vehicle.

He also said if you didn't end up with the vehicle, then the deposit should be returned as it is no longer used to hold that vehicle for you.

At least thats how it works here.
Old 01-03-2018, 12:18 PM   #78
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawaguy2018 View Post
I called my Sales guy and told him your situation. He said, dealers use deposits to hold vehicles for customers and that money is never spent or used until after the sale is complete and customer is happy with their vehicle.

He also said if you didn't end up with the vehicle, then the deposit should be returned as it is no longer used to hold that vehicle for you.

At least thats how it works here.
No matter whether you’re in the United States or Canada, different dealers do different things. There is no set procedure, it is all up to the dealer as to where he puts it. Some go ahead and truly do use it for operating cash. That’s part of the problem with the dealer business model that we currently have, It’s nothing but a series of small/medium businesses owned by individuals or corporations.

In the US, That being said, several years ago, all states made quasi illegal to keep a deposit if the car is not delivered. Your dealer knows that, and if you press IN PERSON the gen mgr (no one else) you’ll get it back. If he still stubborn, a simple demand letter from the lawyer will always get it back. Again, deliver the letter IN PERSON, or registered mail.

Last edited by Glen e; 01-03-2018 at 12:30 PM.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 01:17 PM   #79
Ottawaguy2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
No matter whether you’re in the United States or Canada, different dealers do different things. There is no set procedure, it is all up to the dealer as to where he puts it. Some go ahead and truly do use it for operating cash. That’s part of the problem with the dealer business model that we currently have, It’s nothing but a series of small/medium businesses owned by individuals or corporations.

In the US, That being said, several years ago, all states made quasi illegal to keep a deposit if the car is not delivered. Your dealer knows that, and if you press IN PERSON the gen mgr (no one else) you’ll get it back. If he still stubborn, a simple demand letter from the lawyer will always get it back. Again, deliver the letter IN PERSON, or registered mail.
Not in Ontario, Canada, dealers here are legally obligated to return it according to OMVIC.

That's one reason I don't like corporate stores because they don't care about the customer. A one store owner would be on top of things and make sure that customer is happy
Old 01-04-2018, 10:22 PM   #80
travislambert

My credit card company decided to refund my deposit (with interest)!

It's my understanding that the dealership can appeal this decision with the credit card company within the next 45 days. After that, the decision is final as far as the CC company is concerned.

Without a signature, I don't think they have a legal leg to stand on so I doubt they'll bother. This should be the end of it.

I still can't wrap my head around why they thought refusing to return my deposit was a good business decision... unbelievable.

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6

Last edited by travislambert; 01-04-2018 at 10:42 PM.
Old 01-04-2018, 10:41 PM   #81
Bow Tie Affair

Drives: 6th. Gen ZL1
Quote:

It's my understand that the dealership can appeal this decision with the credit card company within the next 45 days. After that, the decision is final as far as the CC company is concerned.

Without a signature, I don't think they have a legal leg to stand on so I doubt they'll bother. This should be the end of it.

I still can't wrap my head around why they thought refusing to return my deposit was a good business decision... unbelievable.
I was telling my wife about your situation and she and i both came up with the same word, unbelievable.
Bow Tie Affair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 06:55 AM   #82
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:

It's my understanding that the dealership can appeal this decision with the credit card company within the next 45 days. After that, the decision is final as far as the CC company is concerned.

Great news! The sales manager should be fired for that!

Good luck in your car search.

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 07:13 AM   #83
travislambert

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
Great news! The sales manager should be fired for that!

Good luck in your car search.
Thanks!

At this point I think I'm going to wait for the '19s to be revealed before I place my next order. The NAIAS starts in about a week so hopefully I won't have to wait long.

Also, since the cosmetics are important to me, a mid-summer delivery sounds a lot better than a mid-winter delivery.

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6
Old 01-05-2018, 07:30 AM   #84
devnull
Scientific negotiator

Excellent! Yeah I was thinking the same as you, summer build!

Really glad that worked out well, what a scummy was to treat someone!

Matthew 25:40

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑβΕ