Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

AWE Tuning

Old 12-25-2017, 07:39 PM   #43
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
Quote:
Originally Posted by travislambert View Post
I think the CC dispute will take care of it. The exchange of goods did not take place, nor do they have my signature on anything. I think that's case closed.

If the dealership fights back at all I won't hesitate to hire an attorney. I don't tolerate crap like this.

Lol, I love this talk.

My standard warning response to these types of sleez balls is, I am diabolical and I tend to over react lmao.

2017 Camaro ZL1 M6 - Everything but the sunroof - Sold

2010 Camaro SS - 650RWHP Daily Driver - Traded
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 11:25 AM   #44
wrankin
Camaros Of Northwest Ohio

Drives: 2016 Black 2SS
Hey Travis,

I want to know how I can help. Can I post on a review on their Facebook page on how my friend got shafted? Google reviews? Maybe a few more here could jump on the bandwagon!!

I just bought a used truck from the local sleazeball dealership, gave them a chance to rectify a few things, and when they didn't respond I started to let the world know what I thought.

Bill
2013 2SS / RS - AGM / Jet Black (sold)
1970 1/2 Z/28 Classic Copper / Tan (sold many years ago)
wrankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 02:53 PM   #45
travislambert

Drives: '17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrankin View Post
Hey Travis,

I want to know how I can help. Can I post on a review on their Facebook page on how my friend got shafted? Google reviews? Maybe a few more here could jump on the bandwagon!!

I just bought a used truck from the local sleazeball dealership, gave them a chance to rectify a few things, and when they didn't respond I started to let the world know what I thought.

Bill
Thanks Bill.

There are lots of negative reviews on their Facebook page. I'm not sure they'll care, but feel free to post whatever you want.

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6
2016 Camaro SS M6 w/LT4 (Sold)
travislambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 06:54 PM   #46
Ian SS

Drives: 2016 1SS, 2017 JKU Wrangler
Even though oxidation of the engine components is not a "quality" issue, GM is certainly responsible for the condition of the vehicle until it is delivered to the dealership. We have had cars show up crusted in salt and we bill GM for the paint treatment. It is not the dealers fault the car showed up that way but I'm with you, the condition of the vehicle is not up to par and I would refuse delivery as well. Sucks this dealer is acting sour and crying about it. It really isn't that big of a deal, these cars only have 5-6k worth of front end margin, not sure why they are being babies.

2018 Ram Rebel 4x4 5.7
Ian SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 07:42 PM   #47
Battlezone580

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE, 1969 Nova SS 396
As a businessman my self this made me cringe, this is an example of horrible customer service. Forgot the sales manager, get ahold of the general manager asap.

The quality issue with the car really is out of the question. Regardless of why you want to back out, they owe you that $1000.

Good luck buddy!

18 ZL1 1LE|M6|Nav|PDR|CF Hood|CF WING|CF Dash|Tow Hook|
Battlezone580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 07:44 PM   #48
travislambert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian SS View Post
Even though oxidation of the engine components is not a "quality" issue...
I think calling it a "quality" issue is fair. I get what you're saying... maybe "poor condition" is a better wording, but I think we'd be splitting hairs. Let's just agree it's primarily cosmetic and doesn't necessarily result in increased risk of mechanical failure.... just like a big scratch on a plastic panel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian SS View Post
Sucks this dealer is acting sour and crying about it. It really isn't that big of a deal, these cars only have 5-6k worth of front end margin, not sure why they are being babies.
Yeah, I'm still not sure why the dealership wouldn't simply return my deposit. Clearly the car is in sub-par condition. Now instead of simply missing out on my business for one sale, they'll miss out on my and my family's business for a lifetime. I'm also going to tell everyone who'll listen about my bad experience. It makes no sense to me how they think this is a good decision. In the end, they won't even get to keep my deposit. So it's guaranteed bad business.

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6
Old 12-26-2017, 07:50 PM   #49
KyBoy

Drives: '17 2SS H50
That house guy is a lunatic. A grand isn't gonna break their bank I'm sure.

I mean...just give it back to you, it's your money.

Heath
Contacted Becky - 7/1
2000 - 7/5
3000 - 7/6
3000 - 7/11 TPW 8/1
3100 - 7/18 TPW 8/1
3300 - 7/20
3400 - 7/21
Built - 8/2 - PS 1,182/1 of 699US
4300 - 8/3
5000 - 8/5
6000 - 8/13
KyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 08:10 PM   #50
travislambert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlezone580 View Post
As a businessman my self this made me cringe, this is an example of horrible customer service. Forgot the sales manager, get ahold of the general manager asap.

The quality issue with the car really is out of the question. Regardless of why you want to back out, they owe you that $1000.

Good luck buddy!
The general manager was actually there at the time. He's an asshole too.

On my way out of the dealership, I was driving my truck slowly through the parking lot, and I spotted the a manager walking just off to the side of the driving lane. I stopped and said "Excuse me. May I speak to you for a second?" He responded with an arrogant/disgusted "No". It reminded me of how a child might act. (Keep in mind this is the first time in my life I ever spoke to this guy.)

I just looked at him in shock and said "Really?"

He then said, "If you want to talk to me, get out of your truck and come over here." I knew I was wasting my time, so I simply said "That's no way to treat somebody." and then drove away.

He was literally about 10-15 feet from my truck window. He wasn't with another customer or anything like that. Any other decent person would have gladly taken a couple steps toward my truck window. I wish I had it on video. It was unreal.

You'll just have to trust me when I say I did nothing to deserve this treatment. I didn't get loud or curse or anything prior. I stayed very calm and was very polite the entire time at the dealership in spite the fact I was being robbed.

Anyway, I sent emails to dennis.ellmer@priorityauto.com (the face of priority auto) and bschneider@priorityauto.com (the general manager). I haven't heard anything back yet.

(I didn't realize until the time of writing this post, the guy who didn't want to speak with me was the general manager. I could tell by his Willy Wonka suit that he was some type of manager, but it wasn't until I looked him up online just now that I found that he was the general manager.)

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6

Last edited by travislambert; 12-27-2017 at 10:04 AM.
Old 12-26-2017, 10:37 PM   #51
waterman

Drives: Grandad's C2 L89
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1 1LE View Post
At 1st, they were delivered by covered carrier then at some point, that stopped and the deliveries were by open carrier.
I've been thinking about this.

I recall seeing in the forums six months ago or so, about the first ZL1 1LE deliveries all being conducted in covered carriers. I believe that it was determined that the ride height/approach angle would not allow delivery by train or standard open carrier. A few months after that I recall seeing photos posted in the forums of 1LE's on standard carriers, but only in the last (back)positions (top and bottom) on the trailer. GM is a for profit venture, I get it. They found a way to reduce delivery cost and time.

Now we are seeing 1LE's being delivered in winter months in that same trailered position. Undoubtedly, subjected to every atomized drop of road salt spray that the rig can pick up and throw. The car on the bottom position may as well be driving on the wet salted pavement. If the delivery takes a week, the saline residue has been working it's magic the entire 7 days. That may explain the unacceptably absurd amount of corrosion on a brand new $74,000.00 car.

With all due respect to GM and Chevrolet, if all $56K Stingrays and $66K Grand Sports are delivered via covered carrier, shouldn't all $64K+ ZL1's be delivered in the same manner. As we are paying the same cost, if not more for a similar (if not higher) level of performance. Perhaps Chevy could at least make it an available option. I believe that most of us would gladly pay a premium to avoid what your dealer tried to push off on you Travis.

What are your thoughts?

Anyway, sorry for the rant. I can't help but feel for you. My TPW is at the end of January. I'm not worried about the ship transit, modern oceanic auto transport is top notch. Lansing to Long Beach in February-March will most likely be an extremely salty journey. I'll be losing sleep, and potentially a $5000 deposit if mine arrives in that condition.

Best of luck. Keep us posted.
Old 12-26-2017, 11:26 PM   #52
Schrack150

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Black 2SS
What a scam. I don't believe it'll be long before you get your $$$ back! Good luck
Schrack150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 06:59 AM   #53
wrankin

Hey Travis,

Another thought. You can write a letter to the state attorney general. They have a responsibility to protect consumers in their state. What they have done is probably not illegal, but you already have your experience well documented and it will make them squirm a bit and they will have to respond.

Bill
Old 12-27-2017, 07:17 AM   #54
wrankin

Quote:
Originally Posted by travislambert View Post
Thanks Bill.

There are lots of negative reviews on their Facebook page. I'm not sure they'll care, but feel free to post whatever you want.
I see that - Wow! I left a review on Google and Facebook, but based on the negative reviews, like you said, I don't think it's going to help.

Bill
Old 12-27-2017, 09:52 AM   #55
travislambert

Quote:
Hey Travis,

Another thought. You can write a letter to the state attorney general. They have a responsibility to protect consumers in their state. What they have done is probably not illegal, but you already have your experience well documented and it will make them squirm a bit and they will have to respond.

Bill
Not a bad idea, but I'm confident the CC dispute will be enough to get my money back. If not I'll just hire an attorney to take care of it. Even though it's not at all cost effective vs. using the attorney general, it'll likely get resolved quicker. None of this is really about the money anyway. I simply refuse to let dishonest people take advantage of me.

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6
Old 12-27-2017, 09:56 AM   #56
travislambert

Quote:
I see that - Wow! I left a review on Google and Facebook, but based on the negative reviews, like you said, I don't think it's going to help.

Bill
Thanks for the reviews!

I posted a review on Yelp and on Google. The Google review is gone today for some reason though. I don't know if it was simply deleted or if it has to be reviewed by a human and will eventually reappear or what?

I'm pretty sure most of their positive google reviews are fake/paid reviewers.

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6