The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 04-01-2014, 11:27 AM   #715
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
Leg night, whoo hooo! Three weeks of training left before competition time. Just trying to "not get hurt" these last week.s
Are you taking the week of off?

Looking forward to seeing your vids!

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:28 AM   #716
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Drives: 2011 IOM 1LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
Last night dynamic (speed) squat night...

335 + 100lbs of chains for 8 sets of 2 reps...max effort night will be Friday....I might go for a big #....depends on how my stomach feels....

Video or didn't happen!
Monchy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 04:42 PM   #717
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monchy36 View Post
Video or didn't happen!
Lol!

Yes sir

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 04-02-2014, 05:02 AM   #718
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

4/2/2014

Back/biceps:
Killer workout! Specially those deadlifts! make the day so much better!
Old 04-02-2014, 07:14 AM   #719
stt816

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Going to give you some tough love....

First your form in this video is much better than the first. Second buy some chuck Taylor's to deadlift in and get out of your tennis shoes.

Third...(here it comes)....stop using a fictitious 1RM calculator and man up and pull the weight WITHOUT straps. If you truly want to work to being able to call yourself an elite deadlifter you have to ditch the straps because guess what? They don't allow straps in contests where you actually lift to achieve an elite status.

I appreciate any advice, I am always open. Thank you....

I have chucks, I also squat barefoot

I know 1rm calculators arent accurate I just use it as a set point to know if I have increased strength (really the lower the reps the more accurate it will be) I don't think I will ever be competing but who knows, I will work on not using straps, gotta get some chalk up in there

thanks again

btw I know this is a huge difference that they are deadlifting lol but how come in the strongman competitions on espn they are allowed to use straps?

stt816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:25 AM   #720
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Are you taking the week of off?

Looking forward to seeing your vids!
I will only take off the last 4 days before the contest. Other than that, lifting 4 days a week, all lifts are focused specifically on the main 3 in the competition. I am nursing a sore pec, and just trying to keep my bench light as to not tear anything. Last year, same pec, had a slight tear happen during training, actually two weeks from the contest. I recovered great, but did not compete. sad thing, for my weight class, I would have only needed to bench 140 lbs, and I would have still come in first. I have to remember I'm not that young lifter anymore...hehehehe.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:35 AM   #721
Spartan01

Drives: Evil Eva, 2010 2SS LS3
OK, so I have to admit that this thread inspired me.

4 years ago, I was on a federal Special Reaction Team. I was doing a weight lifting endurance routine based on a Navy SEAL regimine along with 3 hours of cardio 4 days a week. I was in awesome shape, then I got married. now that I am HAPPILY divorced, I am getting back into shape.
I am 5'6", very stocky, and currently 210 Lbs.
I just started my cardio routine last night. My goal is to be back in shape by the end of June.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:55 AM   #722
PlainEnvelopes

Drives: 2014 1LS BRM
You don't realize how big of a role working out has in your life, until you can't go anymore. I just had surgery and I can't workout for a month. I am loosing my mind.

The gym or road bike rides really helps me to center myself and relax for the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Next Mod:SOLO HFC, Lowering springs
PlainEnvelopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:21 AM   #723
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by stt816 View Post
I appreciate any advice, I am always open. Thank you....

I have chucks, I also squat barefoot

I know 1rm calculators arent accurate I just use it as a set point to know if I have increased strength (really the lower the reps the more accurate it will be) I don't think I will ever be competing but who knows, I will work on not using straps, gotta get some chalk up in there

thanks again

btw I know this is a huge difference that they are deadlifting lol but how come in the strongman competitions on espn they are allowed to use straps?

Well going to the chucks will put you in a better position to DL since you won't be pitched forward like you are with tennis shoes. It's for sure worth something on a max attempt.

To answer your question, because it's allowed in the rules and straps obviously allow you to hold a heavier weight for longer.

In a powerlifting meet they are NOT allowed which is what you would have to lift in to get elite classification for deadlifting.

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 04-02-2014, 09:52 AM   #724
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan01 View Post
OK, so I have to admit that this thread inspired me.

4 years ago, I was on a federal Special Reaction Team. I was doing a weight lifting endurance routine based on a Navy SEAL regimine along with 3 hours of cardio 4 days a week. I was in awesome shape, then I got married. now that I am HAPPILY divorced, I am getting back into shape.
I am 5'6", very stocky, and currently 210 Lbs.
I just started my cardio routine last night. My goal is to be back in shape by the end of June.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlainEnvelopes View Post
You don't realize how big of a role working out has in your life, until you can't go anymore. I just had surgery and I can't workout for a month. I am loosing my mind.

The gym or road bike rides really helps me to center myself and relax for the day.

I'm glad you guys drop by and get motivated to be all you can be! ok @Spartan01, I need pics that way you can inspire people too when they see your transformation! @Plain E , one day at the time! As long you do something to keep exercise is a win!
Old 04-02-2014, 12:26 PM   #725
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlainEnvelopes View Post

Since I have been lifting for many many years, it hits you pretty hard when you cannot work out. I had an injury back in 2004, that kept me out of the gym for about 4 weeks. By the second week, I just "needed" to be "in" the gym. I would ride the bike a little, do a little light lifting on some machines, but it was just being there to keep me motivated and wanting to get back into it. I wanted to push, but I was smart and knew just being there was enough. I also stayed motivated by training others when I could not lift. I love passing on what I have learned.

Do what you have to do. Be smart, dont push yourself, let your injury heal.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:38 PM   #726
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Old 04-02-2014, 04:02 PM   #727
PlainEnvelopes

Drives: 2014 1LS BRM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
Since I have been lifting for many many years, it hits you pretty hard when you cannot work out. I had an injury back in 2004, that kept me out of the gym for about 4 weeks. By the second week, I just "needed" to be "in" the gym. I would ride the bike a little, do a little light lifting on some machines, but it was just being there to keep me motivated and wanting to get back into it. I wanted to push, but I was smart and knew just being there was enough. I also stayed motivated by training others when I could not lift. I love passing on what I have learned.

Do what you have to do. Be smart, dont push yourself, let your injury heal.

Yeah, I don't want to push it at all. Just going to let myself heal before I get at it again. The doctor recommended nothing physical for a month.

Next Mod:SOLO HFC, Lowering springs
PlainEnvelopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:45 PM   #728
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Great to see everyone doing well. I have been sick as a dog, thinking it was something I ate, don't ask. lol.

Not being able to workout definitely does suck but sometimes it's the way it is.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote