Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 04-24-2019, 10:57 AM   #15
paulsandhu

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesnever View Post
My old set, you can see the individual led chips but the newer ones have frosted rings over them so they look a bit smoother, thats the only difference. The old ones still worked perfectly but I prefer the newer ones. I bought both sets off ebay for $40 CAD each, which included both headlights and fogs. No branding whatsover, I just searched for 160mm halos which is what fit in my headlights.First pic is old led rings then the following is after installing new ones.
Do you have a link to those halos?

Current Modifications:
  • Hurst Comp HardDrive Stick Kit
  • K&N Blackhawk CAI
  • Anvil Carbon Fiber Notch Spoiler
  • Ceramic Coated Satin Black Wrap
paulsandhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 11:50 AM   #16
davesnever

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsandhu View Post
Do you have a link to those halos?
I purchased them last year but never got around to installing them until this spring, hopefully the seller is still selling same product but this link is from my purchase history on Ebay. I have an SS so I ordered the 160mm rings and 80mm for the fogs but not sure for an RS since you already have stock halos.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/2xCotton-RGB...e/282998439768
davesnever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 12:00 PM   #17
davesnever

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike14bumblebee View Post
Just wanted to post an update with the coloured halos and demon eyes installed. After watching many YouTube videos and being worried about wrecking my head lights I increased the heat to 250 instead of the 220 that was recommended and put them in the oven for 18 minutes. I was surprised when I only had to do a little prying in one spot and then the lights came right apart by hand. I resealed them by warming them up for 10 minutes and using black silicon. Any questions just ask. I am running Diode Dynamics demon eyes and RGVshelby halo led boards.
Attachment 984486
That looks great Mike, they suit your car well. I have always liked the demon eye look.
davesnever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 01:52 PM   #18
Mike14bumblebee

Drives: 2014 yellow 2SS/RS
Thank you. Im happy with how they turned out. I also have another halo ring that goes right around the projector part but Im waiting for a new driver and controller for those. Now heres to hoping they last