Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-22-2016, 08:50 PM   #1
Mike14bumblebee

Drives: 2014 yellow 2SS/RS
P0010 code

I am at just over 12 000 km on my 2014 l99. Yesterday I was hearing a noise under the hood only when I was giving it gas. Wouldn't do it when idling with the hood open so I couldn't pin point the sound. Almost sounded like a minor belt squeak maybe a pulley squeak. Then today it was quiet and half way through the day the engine light comes on. I scan it and P0010 code comes up. I also noticed yesterday the oil temp gauge was up above 250. Between the 250 mark and 500. I reset the code and will see if and when it comes back on.
My question is, should I take it to the dealer since I have extended warranty coverage and have them look at it, or should I wait till the light comes back on and then take it in?
Also would the part that is tripping this code be under warranty with the car having such low Klm's?
Mods on car are borla ATAK axle back and K&N cold air intake.
Any input would be greatly appreciated
Old 05-23-2016, 05:20 AM   #2
thephoenix

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS 2LT
Don't ever reset codes thinking it'll help. Now a tech does not have the info from that event to help diagnose the problem.

IMHO you should reinstall the stock intake and bring it to a shop that can do warranty work and have them diagnose it since the car has such low mileage- I assume you're under the bumper-to-bumper warranty? An intake should not affect warranty at all, but it's such an easy job to revert to stock, why give them ANY ammo at all to try?
thephoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 08:36 AM   #3
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike14bumblebee View Post
I am at just over 12 000 km on my 2014 l99. Yesterday I was hearing a noise under the hood only when I was giving it gas. Wouldn't do it when idling with the hood open so I couldn't pin point the sound. Almost sounded like a minor belt squeak maybe a pulley squeak. Then today it was quiet and half way through the day the engine light comes on. I scan it and P0010 code comes up. I also noticed yesterday the oil temp gauge was up above 250. Between the 250 mark and 500. I reset the code and will see if and when it comes back on.
My question is, should I take it to the dealer since I have extended warranty coverage and have them look at it, or should I wait till the light comes back on and then take it in?
Also would the part that is tripping this code be under warranty with the car having such low Klm's?
Mods on car are borla ATAK axle back and K&N cold air intake.
Any input would be greatly appreciated
Good Morning Mike14bumblebee,

I see that you’re seeking advice on the next steps regarding your engine light concern in your Camaro, and I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. When you do decide to reach out to your dealership, I would be happy to connect you to our team in Canada, as they would be in the best position to assist you from there. Additionally, they would be able to help you figure out the warranties applicable to your vehicle.

Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions in the meantime.

Best,

Angela O.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 03:12 PM   #4
Mike14bumblebee

Thank you for your replies. I didn't reset the light thinking it would help, I did it so I could see if it would come back on, which it did later on that day. I do have the complete bumper to bumper warranty. I will see about bringing it to the dealer Tuesday or sometime this week. I guess putting the factory air box back on may be best, other then I purchased the car from a dealer with the K&N already on.
Old 05-24-2016, 01:06 PM   #5
Mike14bumblebee

Here's an update, the AC compressor belt shredded for some reason that is unknown. When the belt came apart it ripped the wires out of the cam position sensor harness. Have to order the belt and harness and it will all be covered under warranty. So they gave me a massive Chevy 2500 HD as a free rental. Man this truck is huge lol, quad cab long box.