Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 05-13-2016, 07:33 PM   #1
NHCamaroSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Supercharged 2010 SS LS3 Vs 2003 Audi RS6

Looking for an honest opinion as my buddy and I are coming up on our grudge match at the local drag strip soon enough. Neither of us have raced at the track in 10 years, but are pretty confident in our driving skills. I have a manual 2010 Camaro ss that I just had an e force supercharger installed a couple months back now , and now he's talking smack on how his 2003 Audi rs6 will smoke me. While I'd agree his car is really fast, and he has the advantage of all wheel drive and auto tranny, I still think I'm gonna beat him now. He does have it tuned and currently getting slightly larger turbos. All in fun but the smack talk is getting old and the time is coming soon, as soon as his car which is always in the shop comes back to him. Any feedback or thoughts?
2010 Camaro SS Inferno Orange 6-Speed . Edelbrock E Force Supercharger, Volant Cold Air Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, River City Creations Emblems, Oracle ghosted LED markers, SLP faded gills, ...531 rwhp, 490 rwtq
NHCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 07:37 PM   #2
NHCamaroSS

BTW.... We're talking 1/4 mile times
2010 Camaro SS Inferno Orange 6-Speed . Edelbrock E Force Supercharger, Volant Cold Air Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, River City Creations Emblems, Oracle ghosted LED markers, SLP faded gills, ...531 rwhp, 490 rwtq
Old 05-13-2016, 09:24 PM   #3
alaskacamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS 45TH Anniversary
I know a guy with the 2003 RS6. They came 450bhp stock but he did a basic ECU flash and got 550bhp. I can only imagine how strong these cars are with a good tune. Stock, you might have a chance. Modded, I'm going with the audi given your stats..
alaskacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 06:50 AM   #4
NHCamaroSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskacamaro View Post
I know a guy with the 2003 RS6. They came 450bhp stock but he did a basic ECU flash and got 550bhp. I can only imagine how strong these cars are with a good tune. Stock, you might have a chance. Modded, I'm going with the audi given your stats..
I agree, and they are fast for sure. But for reference the numbers you just gave are to the crank. Apples to apples I have 610 to the crank.......
Old 05-14-2016, 09:59 AM   #5
alaskacamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS 45TH Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHCamaroSS View Post
I agree, and they are fast for sure. But for reference the numbers you just gave are to the crank. Apples to apples I have 610 to the crank.......
What kinda of suspension mods do you have? Stock gearing? At 20% drivetrain loss you should have 637bhp. I've learned numbers are only part of the equation when racing. There are so many variables to consider. Not saying the audi is garenteed to win a 1/4 mile but if he's modded and an auto, I say he will still have an advantage.

A 2008 GTR making an estimated 520bhp pulls an 11.5 1/4mile @124. Suspension and gearing in those cars are phenomenal. RS series audis have impressive gearing and suspension
PFADT stage 3 suspension kit, SW LTH, SW cat less retro exhaust, MGW short throw, 3.91 gears, MRR Z28 wheels, Roto Fab CAI, SLP underpully, 255cc ported heads, TSP 229/236 Cam, ZL1 pump, Street Slayer Twin Carbon clutch, ID850 injectors, Snow Stage III Meth kit
480whp/460wtq tuned by Dynosty
alaskacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote