#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 02-13-2022, 06:38 PM   #1
Jofu

Drives: 2022 Wild Cherry ZL1 1LE
Stupid mistake!

Hello guys,

So I came home last night from picking my car up over 1800 miles away (thanks @GearheadSS!). Nice drive, nothing bad happened along the way thankfully! But today as I was giving the car a much needed bath, I stupidly hit the driver side canard with my knee

Besides it hurting like a bitch (I’ll live!), it appears the top clip either came off, or something broke. A picture so you see what I mean:

From other posts, it appears it’s possible to access the back side by turning the wheel and removing the liner. So I’ll be looking at that very soon, and possibly order any necessary part if something indeed broke.

Wish me luck

Geoff
Jofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 06:41 PM   #2
nighttowl
Sarcasm loading --------

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
there is a clip that goes into the slot through the back of the bumper cover. you can order them online.

I had the same thing happen to me, but I dont have any left to show a picture.
I think I had to remove the front of the fenderwell cover.

2018 MBM ZL1 1LE - Stock
2014 CRT ZL1 574 rwhp, 537 rwtq - SOLD
2010 IBM SS Camaro VVT L99 w/ TR6060 swap, 489 rwhp, 444 rwtq - SOLD
nighttowl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 08:51 PM   #3
Firecaptain

Drives: '22 Summit White ZL1 A10
@Jofu
- Dive plane LH Part # 23329726
- Dive plane RH Part # 23329727

GM 11547341 Retainer Tabs

2020 GT350 Heritage Edition-Chassis L0350
2019 ZL1 Summit White M6
2018 Hellcat White Knuckle M6
2016 Hellcat GoMango A8
2002 Dodge Viper Viper Red
2002 Corvette Z06 Millennium Yellow
1998 Dodge Viper Viper Silver Metallic
Firecaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 09:05 PM   #4
Jofu

Awesome, thanks guys! Also, it’s good to know I wasn’t the only one this happened to!

Geoff
Old 02-13-2022, 10:17 PM   #5
Wuiquen

Drives: 2018 Hot Red ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jofu View Post
Awesome, thanks guys! Also, it’s good to know I wasn’t the only one this happened to!

Geoff
Yeah turn the wheel to the passenger side. Remove the three bolts holding the fender liner in place..

There next to the side marker you will see there the tap goes. They are white. Hopefully that was what broke. If the dive plane tab broke too, you will have to order the dive plane as well..

Good luck. They aren't crazy expensive and it is an easy fix. Even taking out the whole tabs for the dive plane. I wonder if the tab for the dive plane broke, can you find the piece inside the fender? You could JB weld it back in place.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Old 02-13-2022, 11:29 PM   #6
Jofu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuiquen View Post
Yeah turn the wheel to the passenger side. Remove the three bolts holding the fender liner in place..

There next to the side marker you will see there the tap goes. They are white. Hopefully that was what broke. If the dive plane tab broke too, you will have to order the dive plane as well..

Good luck. They aren't crazy expensive and it is an easy fix. Even taking out the whole tabs for the dive plane. I wonder if the tab for the dive plane broke, can you find the piece inside the fender? You could JB weld it back in place.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Thanks! I’ll have to open it and see… but the piece should definitely still be inside, as I didn’t go out on a drive after washing it.

Geoff
Old 02-14-2022, 12:01 AM   #7
serper3

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE
You got your ZLE! Thats awesome!!

I am trying to plan a cruise or at least a cars and coffee with some of us bay area people.

sspddmn is in SSF area with a HBM, and egslaw is in sonoma with a '22 zle, I dont remember the color. I can hopefully get a few others to commit as well (ss 1le, etc)
serper3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 01:27 AM   #8
Jofu

Quote:
Originally Posted by serper3 View Post

I am trying to plan a cruise or at least a cars and coffee with some of us bay area people.

sspddmn is in SSF area with a HBM, and egslaw is in sonoma with a '22 zle, I dont remember the color. I can hopefully get a few others to commit as well (ss 1le, etc)
Sounds good, let me know! Man, that now seems ages ago since we met that one time!

Geoff
Old 02-14-2022, 08:43 AM   #9
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
If Greenville Texas had sold that ZLE to me, I would've been more gentle with it!

JK, I figure as much driving that you did, you were probably just really wanting to get inside the house, which I don't blame you. When I went to get my SS Sedan, I drove 11.5 hours to Iowa, took 1 hour for paperwork, and then drove back 11.5 hours. I only had 2 monster energy drinks with me for the entire 24 hour ordeal. My only stops were for gas. I can't even remember how I made it home, but I'm sure glad that the SS Sedan didn't have the hardware that the ZLE has, or I probably would've snapped a piece or two. Congrats on the new ride! Be gentle with her!
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 09:34 AM   #10
zxspeedspec
Banned

Drives: Faster than yours
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCSSU View Post
If Greenville Texas had sold that ZLE to me, I would've been more gentle with it!

JK, I figure as much driving that you did, you were probably just really wanting to get inside the house, which I don't blame you. When I went to get my SS Sedan, I drove 11.5 hours to Iowa, took 1 hour for paperwork, and then drove back 11.5 hours. I only had 2 monster energy drinks with me for the entire 24 hour ordeal. My only stops were for gas. I can't even remember how I made it home, but I'm sure glad that the SS Sedan didn't have the hardware that the ZLE has, or I probably would've snapped a piece or two. Congrats on the new ride! Be gentle with her!
Hahaha I also went 9.5 hours to Iowa to pick up mine. Interesting how the best priced ZLEs are found in Iowa!
zxspeedspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 10:59 AM   #11
Jofu

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCSSU View Post
Old 02-14-2022, 11:49 AM   #12
Rnovrit

Drives: 2018 NFG ZL1-1LE
You broke the tab on the canard. The little white clip should still be in your wheel well. I did the same thing on my Passenger side a year ago. You can get to all the clips by pulling back the fender liner. It is way easier if you take the wheel off first rather than just turning the wheel. I ordered a replacement canard and swapped it out. I now have a carbon fiber set on the car so my plastic ones are backups.
Rnovrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 12:56 PM   #13
Blu Ray
ALWAYS-N-BOOST

Drives: 2021 ZLE A10
Send a message via AIM to Blu Ray Send a message via Yahoo to Blu Ray
Dont feel bad - I have done it 3 times

2012 1LS M6 Black-Sold
2013 2LT M6 BluRay- Sold
2015 1SS 1LE M6 Black-Sold
2021 ZLE A10 Riverside Blue - Awaiting Arrival 01/10
Blu Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 01:18 PM   #14
Rnovrit

Drives: 2018 NFG ZL1-1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by serper3 View Post

Count me is as well if you want another tag along. I'm on the coast just south of SF.
Rnovrit is offline   Reply With Quote