Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-11-2021, 07:05 PM   #1
Mike14bumblebee

Drives: 2014 yellow 2SS/RS
Tail light issue

Hello, looking for help. Last fall my drivers side tail light went out. I have an RS so it’s an LED light. The running light doesn’t work but the brake light does. I have pulled the fuse that I believe is for the tail lights but it does nothing. Does anyone know where else to check for any other fuse or a relay or ? I am lost here. I thought it was the light so I purchased morimotto lights and it’s the same. So I no it’s an issue in the car not the light itself.
Please offer any tips or ideas that could help.
Also, if I pull any fuses for the bcms will it affect the cars tune at all? Or if a bcm has to be replaced will I need to be retuned?
Old 04-11-2021, 10:07 PM   #2
Rons1le

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE AGM
Check your marker lights on your driver side make sure they are working properly...fyi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2015 2SS RS 1LE NPP/w Kooks headers, Procharged, ID1050X injectors, Katech belt tensioner, Mighty Mouse Catch Can, BMR subframe connectors, Matco driveshaft loop, AEM Wideband/Boost/Fuel gauges , Z/28 Splitter and Spoiler/w Wicker bill, Power Stop rotors and brake pads, MRR Z/28 Rep Wheels 20" w/p zeros 285 fronts and 305 rears, ZL1 addons Rock guards and Tow hook, Rear window louvers, Flags on the quarter windows and the moonroof, Billet aluminum door handles.
Rons1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 04:06 PM   #3
Mike14bumblebee

Just checked and front and rear side markers are out as well. So what does that mean?
Old 04-12-2021, 08:56 PM   #4
Rons1le

Are the markers aftermarket? If so unplug front first and turn on lights if there is no change then unplug rear marker and turn the parking lights on and see if the tail light is on. Do one marker at a time to see if one is bad and if there is no difference with the side markers check the one in front by the head light.
2015 2SS RS 1LE NPP/w Kooks headers, Procharged, ID1050X injectors, Katech belt tensioner, Mighty Mouse Catch Can, BMR subframe connectors, Matco driveshaft loop, AEM Wideband/Boost/Fuel gauges , Z/28 Splitter and Spoiler/w Wicker bill, Power Stop rotors and brake pads, MRR Z/28 Rep Wheels 20" w/p zeros 285 fronts and 305 rears, ZL1 addons Rock guards and Tow hook, Rear window louvers, Flags on the quarter windows and the moonroof, Billet aluminum door handles.
Old 04-12-2021, 09:44 PM   #5
Mike14bumblebee

Yes they are Oracle painted lights. Haven’t had any issues with them for more then 4years now. But I will check to make sure it isn’t those. Seems like a good place to start, thanks. Also, do you mean the turn signal bulb in the headlight? Sorry if that sounds stupid lol
Old 04-12-2021, 11:38 PM   #6
Rons1le

Yes that one too if no luck with the side markers.

Old 04-15-2021, 06:37 AM   #7
Rons1le

Find anything?

Old 04-15-2021, 08:23 PM   #8
Mike14bumblebee

So I was able to get a wiring schematic and have checked some wires. I have no power at the led side markers or at the driving light in the tail light. I have to find the main bcm#5 under the dash to see if I have power coming out at the same wires going to the lights. I just don’t no what the bcm actually looks like or if it has any part # on it to verify I am checking the right part. Do you know if this is what I should be checking?
Name:  79BF0FD2-7F9B-4B52-9274-97ADA512F3DD.jpg
Views: 1180
Size:  213.3 KB
Old 04-16-2021, 12:40 AM   #9
wasthatacop?

Drives: 2010 2SS
Start at the other end, the malfunctioning light, and follow it back to the front looking for any damage or decay.
ZL1 factory rims
misc: drilled and slotted rotors, fresh air brake cooling system, new speakers, installed reverse camera, muffler delete
wasthatacop? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 11:56 PM   #10
Mike14bumblebee

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasthatacop? View Post
Start at the other end, the malfunctioning light, and follow it back to the front looking for any damage or decay.
I think I will try at the bum before I take probably most of the interior trying to trace the wire. If I find I have power at the begging, at the bum, then that will be the next step to trace the wire.
Old 05-12-2021, 12:10 AM   #11
Mike14bumblebee

No power coming out of bcm. So took tha car in and had bcm replaced. Didn't work. Tech traced wires and luckily found a couple of chewed wires in a harness under the hood against the firewall. I would have never found that. Got lucky when he touched the harness the ground that was showing disappeared. Fixed wires and programmed new bcm and all is good to go now.
Name:  IMG_0027.jpg
Views: 872
Size:  108.4 KB
****in mice