The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Technical Forums > In Car Electronics (NAV, Audio, Entertainment, Gauges, etc.)

Old 01-03-2014, 01:57 PM   #15
purpleRac3r

Drives: 1974 & 2014 Corvette Stingrays
As I suspected, no screen changing and no clicking when I went to lunch. Temps have risen to about 26, and the car was in the sun so interior temp was a little warmer yet. I would guesstimate that a majority of touch screen issues will be a part interference problem versus an electronic one. Our forecast for the next several days is extreme cold, so we'll see if the pattern repeats as I think it will. If so, that may be good info for any of you experiencing a similar glitch, as it will give your dealer something to try before replacing the screen entirely - shim or trim the bezel.
'74 Stingray coupe, heavily modified, as seen in August 2011 VETTE magazine, 2014 Stingray Z51 #196, ordered 02/11/13, built 08/29/13, Museum Delivery 10/04/13, driven daily!

purpleRac3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:02 AM   #16
tghamm

Drives: 2014 Corvette
soonerhamm

Just got the word from dealer that Stingray team at Chevy has just released replacement screens for those with the flickering problem. Mine will be installed Friday. Hope this fixes the problem.
tghamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:41 PM   #17
Beaver

Drives: 1987 Black Convertible 54000 Miles
I just bought mine in April only 800 miles on it. The screen when blank on me a few times but today it totally went out. No radio, no Bluetooth, no backup camera, no onstar. Anyone else have this issue and know of a fix? Thanks in advance.
Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 01:37 PM   #18
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
I just bought mine in April only 800 miles on it. The screen when blank on me a few times but today it totally went out. No radio, no Bluetooth, no backup camera, no onstar. Anyone else have this issue and know of a fix? Thanks in advance.
I was at my dealership the other day and they had a stingray in with that exact problem, he said they have had several like that and even one right off the truck.. They said parts are back ordered to fix them right now...
Old 05-10-2014, 01:41 PM   #19
Beaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I was at my dealership the other day and they had a stingray in with that exact problem, he said they have had several like that and even one right off the truck.. They said parts are back ordered to fix them right now...
Thank you. Guess off to the dealship I go.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:24 PM   #20
Beaver

They ended up doing a software update to fix it. I've read on other forums that the onstar check ups on the car has been causing issues. They did mine the day that everything went out. The email said everything was good with the car. It Must of been done before it all went out. I couldn't even connect to the car with the onstar app. and the phone had a busy tone.
Old 05-30-2014, 06:21 PM   #21
purpleRac3r

Well, sadly my Stingray has been hit with the infamous infotainment screen flicker. Lots of horizontal lines, double images etc. Very much resembled when an old tube type TV lost its vertical hold. Managed to get some video of it to show my dealer. A new screen is on order for replacement. At least it managed 12,000+ miles before going out, unlike so many of you.
'74 Stingray coupe, heavily modified, as seen in August 2011 VETTE magazine, 2014 Stingray Z51 #196, ordered 02/11/13, built 08/29/13, Museum Delivery 10/04/13, driven daily!

Old 07-19-2014, 08:20 PM   #22
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
My screen is jumping up and down. Wednesday the HUD went out. Came back on awhile later and then was off until this afternoon when it magically fixed itself. This is not new technology...
Old 06-02-2015, 12:07 AM   #23
hotwheels65

Drives: 2014 Limerock Green Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleRac3r View Post
Well, sadly my Stingray has been hit with the infamous infotainment screen flicker. Lots of horizontal lines, double images etc. Very much resembled when an old tube type TV lost its vertical hold. Managed to get some video of it to show my dealer. A new screen is on order for replacement. At least it managed 12,000+ miles before going out, unlike so many of you.
At 13,400 miles our screen has started the flicker/roll like an old TV with bad vertical hold. I subscribe to alldatadiy.com and found this bulletin. Car will be going in for repair this week. for repair. Hope this helps anyone else that gets this problem.
Attached Images

hotwheels65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 08:40 AM   #24
purpleRac3r

Just an update: I now have over 20,000 miles on the replacement touch screen, and it has been flawless! It's been in extreme cold & high heat conditions several times since replacement, with nary a hiccup. For any who are hesitant to get the replacement, don't. The new ones are good! And it should take less than 2 hours for the job.

Old 07-13-2015, 07:41 PM   #25
hotwheels65

Drives: 2014 Limerock Green Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleRac3r View Post
Just an update: I now have over 20,000 miles on the replacement touch screen, and it has been flawless! It's been in extreme cold & high heat conditions several times since replacement, with nary a hiccup. For any who are hesitant to get the replacement, don't. The new ones are good! And it should take less than 2 hours for the job.
Glad your screen is working. While we were waiting for the replacement screen we had a flex plate/torque tube failure as described in the Tech Link article dated 11-07-14. A new flex plate and torque tube were installed to correct the drive line rattle. Dealer said they also replaced the complete radio to correct the screen flicker problem. When we went to pick up the car twelve days ago the screen would only come down 3/8 of an inch and was crooked. Took back into shop. Next day dealer called and said it was a defective radio and would have to order another radio. Still waiting?
Question: When the radio and/or screen is replaced do you loose all your radio presets and saved addresses? Are they stored in the Human Interface Module or can the dealer down load and reinstall in new unit?
hotwheels65 is offline   Reply With Quote