#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 10-26-2022, 07:45 PM   #1
Ron_Robinson1

Drives: A Static line to a pack tray & ZL1
Send a message via AIM to Ron_Robinson1
Front Sway Bar

Has anyone in here removed front sway bar? If so how hard is it.
SOLD-2011 SS M6: Blower, Cam, Alky, LTs.
Ron_Robinson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 06:38 AM   #2
Drnick

Drives: 22’ ZL1
Why do u want to remove??
Drnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 07:22 AM   #3
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
It's not difficult.

The biggest thing is if you're doing in on the ground, you'll need to get the front end pretty high, because you'll have to drop the shear panel. But - in order to drop it, there is a hook on the front, that is "hooked" so much that the panel has to swing probably beyond 90* front datum. You can cheat a bit by bending it, because it, too, is aluminum, once you get it lowered enough. After bending it slightly, you won't need to drop it the 90*.

I think that hook is there for assembly, really. I wouldn't advocate bending much of anything, but this is one I think is NOT a big deal at all. It's that hook, though, that makes it tough, if you're doing it on the ground. If you have access to a lift, you won't have to do this.

Otherwise - it's as straight forward as any other sway bar install. The rear is more complicated, though, if you have stock exhaust...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 07:42 AM   #4
Ron_Robinson1

Drives: A Static line to a pack tray & ZL1
Send a message via AIM to Ron_Robinson1
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
It's not difficult.

The biggest thing is if you're doing in on the ground, you'll need to get the front end pretty high, because you'll have to drop the shear panel. But - in order to drop it, there is a hook on the front, that is "hooked" so much that the panel has to swing probably beyond 90* front datum. You can cheat a bit by bending it, because it, too, is aluminum, once you get it lowered enough. After bending it slightly, you won't need to drop it the 90*.

I think that hook is there for assembly, really. I wouldn't advocate bending much of anything, but this is one I think is NOT a big deal at all. It's that hook, though, that makes it tough, if you're doing it on the ground. If you have access to a lift, you won't have to do this.

Otherwise - it's as straight forward as any other sway bar install. The rear is more complicated, though, if you have stock exhaust...

Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated.
SOLD-2011 SS M6: Blower, Cam, Alky, LTs.
Ron_Robinson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 07:49 AM   #5
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Robinson1 View Post
Has anyone in here removed front sway bar? If so how hard is it.
I was wondering the same thing. Thanks for bringing this up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drnick View Post
Why do u want to remove??
Drag strip weight transfer at launch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
It's not difficult.

Thank you sir!
Old 10-27-2022, 08:47 AM   #6
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Robinson1 View Post
Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
I was wondering the same thing. Thanks for bringing this up.

Drag strip weight transfer at launch.

Thank you sir!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote