Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-27-2015, 08:03 AM   #169
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sick_eg View Post
I would personally stick with Mast ls3 med bore heads on a stock stroke/bore. Not that flow tells all, but they flow more than the med bore ls7 heads, and they do that on a smaller bore.
I'll stick with the TFS prepped by Tooley with a matching cam or the PRC's from TSP. I've tried to contact Mast 1/2 a dozen times with no luck. I kind of feel like they don't deserve to take even more of my money than BTR or TSP.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited by Firefighter; 01-27-2015 at 08:29 AM.
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 08:44 AM   #170
t&t moyer
It's all hers.

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Still there's folks looking for a good aftermarket intake manifold but are not in the market, have a budget or in a position to swap heads. Full bolt-ons to include a cam is one thing but making the step to heads just isn't within everyones reach let alone top shelf heads.

I think there would be more people willing to buy an intake manifold that works with bolt-ons if a company could make one that actually produced documented power without having to buy a good sweet of heads and or building a stroker.
t&t moyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 10:10 AM   #171
Firefighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by t&t moyer View Post
Still there's folks looking for a good aftermarket intake manifold but are not in the market, have a budget or in a position to swap heads. Full bolt-ons to include a cam is one thing but making the step to heads just isn't within everyones reach let alone top shelf heads.

I think there would be more people willing to buy an intake manifold that works with bolt-ons if a company could make one that actually produced documented power without having to buy a good sweet of heads and or building a stroker.
Agreed, this not my situation but I bet there are a number of people that almost consider a manifold swap a "bolt on". Comparatively speaking it's pretty easy on these cars compared to an Old School SBC.

Old 01-27-2015, 12:11 PM   #172
1sick_eg

Drives: 14 Camaro 1LE,328i, and some Hondas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
I'll stick with the TFS prepped by Tooley with a matching cam or the PRC's from TSP. I've tried to contact Mast 1/2 a dozen times with no luck. I kind of feel like they don't deserve to take even more of my money than BTR or TSP.

Did you leave a message? They didn't answer when I called, but called me back a couple hours later. Tooley prepped tfs heads I assume would be the same as the tea prepped ones. Should make for a nice setup.
1sick_eg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 12:43 PM   #173
Firefighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sick_eg View Post
Did you leave a message? They didn't answer when I called, but called me back a couple hours later. Tooley prepped tfs heads I assume would be the same as the tea prepped ones. Should make for a nice setup.
Called numerous times with several with messages, emailed through the website. Still nothing...

TSP got knowledgeable people on the phone instantly emails back and forth no problems.

BTR several phone calls with good feedback. Haven't talked to Tooley himself but he's one guy and does a lot over there.

I think with BTR or TSP I'll meet my goals and be happy.

The manifold is the big hold up here.

Old 01-27-2015, 08:35 PM   #174
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Drives: TAMPA TUNING FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KillerSS View Post
Am I correct in assuming that since its a canned tune, that Phil has yet to tune on it? If that's true he should tune it once to see what numbers your running as a proper comparison. If you throw that manifold on and Phil puts his magic on it, bet that some is going to be from the difference between a custom tune and canned tune.

Just a thought.

Yes if I recall correctly, it has a in tune or trifecta canned tune in it. I changed something in it last year like maybe his rear cats weren't turned off at a car show so I turned them off. Last month it base lined I think 402 RWHP. That's a good 20 RWHP less than a good tune. Ive already committed myself to calibrate the car three or four times with the MSD manifold on and the stocker on. I gave my input on how Tampa Tuning wants to measure the numbers of the intake, and if it works out, great. If not, Im still committed to having fun with the car.
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 09:08 PM   #175
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Tuning View Post
Yes if I recall correctly, it has a in tune or trifecta canned tune in it. I changed something in it last year like maybe his rear cats weren't turned off at a car show so I turned them off. Last month it base lined I think 402 RWHP. That's a good 20 RWHP less than a good tune. Ive already committed myself to calibrate the car three or four times with the MSD manifold on and the stocker on. I gave my input on how Tampa Tuning wants to measure the numbers of the intake, and if it works out, great. If not, Im still committed to having fun with the car.

Yea, I am not trying to be the test's first critic before it even starts. I was just thinking that your tunes are pretty good, and would gain power even without the hardware change.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 06:04 AM   #176
camaro500

Drives: 2017 Jaguar F Type R Tuned 498awhp
Thank you Tampa and Lethal! When will we see these dyno results?
camaro500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 08:34 AM   #177
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Norris View Post
With all the blah blah blah here about Kens car, I feel I need to set things a little straight here.

Yes, it is off the car and was sent to Mast per MSD for more testing. The reason being it was a pre-production unit and still in the R&D stage. It seemed that manifold did not produce compared to some of the other units, but that is was R&D and pre-production is about.

There will be an MSD manifold back on Kens car once there is an actual production unit available. If you want to get an idea on availability you can check Summit and the earliest is 4/20/15 - 4/22/15 for LS7, LT1 and Cathedral Port then 5/5/15 for an LS3. That pretty much says still in R&D and pre-production.

Thanks

Mike Norris
thanks for that info!
Old 01-30-2015, 10:25 AM   #178
jose1003

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Cyber Gray
any new news on this msd manifold
Old 02-13-2015, 09:35 AM   #179
Bad70supreme

Drives: 2010 aqua blue SS/RS M6
Any updates
Old 02-13-2015, 10:41 AM   #180
Firefighter

As far as I know we are still a 2 or 3 months out...

Old 03-06-2015, 12:36 PM   #181
DemonZL1

Drives: like a granny
i want one !

Anderson composites coupon code : Demon
DemonZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 12:39 PM   #182
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
Yes they are still months out so our c7 guy canceled the order.

Nick
BLACK10 is offline   Reply With Quote