Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 10-29-2018, 07:28 PM   #15
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM.D. View Post
I personally don’t think wanting a little more recline means you’re after a “gangsta lean”. These things recline an abnormally small amount. I feel like they could use a little more myself, and it seems like GM agrees. Though it hasn’t been enough for me to tear into them to drill out that stop. I may eventually, but haven’t felt the need so far.

Otherwise, the Recaros are awesome. A little lumbar adjustment would be nice, but I’m still pretty young. Not a requirement yet.
^^^this... it wasn't enough for me to tear in either and we're just using the term gansta loosely here. It did need to go back more especially for the tall guys with a helmet. This was the 1st thing I mentioned to Al right after my delivery and all he did was grin and nod. He knew it too.
Old 10-29-2018, 08:33 PM   #16
Pollock
LT4 M6

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
I am 6ft and am totally comfortable with a helmet on in my 2018. I have heated and cooled seats too. The heated steering wheel is a nice feature when its 45 degrees on a track day. Windows down.
Pollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 08:36 PM   #17
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollock View Post
I am 6ft and am totally comfortable with a helmet on in my 2018. I have heated and cooled seats too. The heated steering wheel is a nice feature when its 45 degrees on a track day. Windows down.
Same here but if you're a little taller than 6 a little tilt is nice.

My comment on cooled seats was about "Auto" cooled. No need to hit the button anymore as it senses the temp and sets it for driver and passenger. Auto can be turned on or off in the new infotainment center.
Old 10-29-2018, 08:37 PM   #18
Pollock
LT4 M6

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Same here but if you're a little taller than 6 a little tilt is nice.

My comment on cooled seats was about "Auto" cooled. No need to hit the button anymore as it senses the temp and sets it for driver and passenger. Auto can be turned on or off in the new infotainment center.
Wow that is pretty cool.
Pollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 05:17 AM   #19
waterman

Drives: Grandad's C2 L89
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM.D. View Post
I personally don’t think wanting a little more recline means you’re after a “gangsta lean”. These things recline an abnormally small amount. I feel like they could use a little more myself, and it seems like GM agrees. Though it hasn’t been enough for me to tear into them to drill out that stop. I may eventually, but haven’t felt the need so far.

Otherwise, the Recaros are awesome. A little lumbar adjustment would be nice, but I’m still pretty young. Not a requirement yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
^^^this... it wasn't enough for me to tear in either and we're just using the term gansta loosely here. It did need to go back more especially for the tall guys with a helmet. This was the 1st thing I mentioned to Al right after my delivery and all he did was grin and nod. He knew it too.
No offense implied gentlemen. My apologies. Maybe I was a little over focused on the "lean" in an HP vehicle. Old school I guess.

At 5'9 the only place my helmet won't fit properly is through the drivers side window. Perhaps that is a discussion for another day.

With that said; I do love the classic "chopped" look integrated into the Cam6 because of that window design. The body rake angle is impressive as well. I digress, I'm flying off on a tangent.

Love these seats though. The auto cooling/heating setting on the 2019s sounds awesome.
Old 10-30-2018, 09:48 AM   #20
BMWM.D.

Drives: ZL1/335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterman View Post
No offense implied gentlemen. My apologies. Maybe I was a little over focused on the "lean" in an HP vehicle. Old school I guess.

At 5'9 the only place my helmet won't fit properly is through the drivers side window. Perhaps that is a discussion for another day.

With that said; I do love the classic "chopped" look integrated into the Cam6 because of that window design. The body rake angle is impressive as well. I digress, I'm flying off on a tangent.

Love these seats though. The auto cooling/heating setting on the 2019s sounds awesome.
Believe me, I have to drive other people’s cars that sometimes have the seats seriously reclined. Like to the point where I wonder how the hell they drive them at all. Like where you’re looking out the rear side window of a 4-door sedan, lol. I’ve gotten in some cars that made me start laughing hysterically. Wanting a little more in the Z definitely isn’t that. No offense taken though.

I’m not sure if I’ll ever want/need to take a nap in the car, but it wouldn’t be very comfortable as it is. That’s probably my biggest gripe. I’m not a big guy, so really I’m good on the driving position.
BMWM.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 10:00 AM   #21

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
It always amazes me how some people get all but-hurt because others like to have the seats recline all the way back how they always used to do. Now it's a crime of some kind to want a fully reclining bucket seat in a new car.

Ride with your nose on the windshield if you like, no-one would care. But most of us think a seat that can fully recline should be standard. Why having the ability to recline your seat bothers those who don't care to do it, I find amazing. I guess some people will argue anything...lol...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 10:10 AM   #22
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterman View Post

Never any offense taken from you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
It always amazes me how some people get all but-hurt because others like to have the seats recline all the way back how they always used to do. Now it's a crime of some kind to want a fully reclining bucket seat in a new car.

Ride with your nose on the windshield if you like, no-one would care. But most of us think a seat that can fully recline should be standard. Why having the ability to recline your seat bothers those who don't care to do it, I find amazing. I guess some people will argue anything...lol...
If you ever hit or drive with the seat at the limit then yeah it probably needs to go back further. GM recognized that and fixed it. I'm betting the percentage is very high in the 17-18 cars. I wasn't always at the limit but I guarantee on a longer cruise on the interstate I was for sure. Had to play with the seat tilt and all to get the best comfort ride.

Now it's a complete non-issue with room to spare. One memory setting for track and the other for cruising.
Old 10-30-2018, 01:03 PM   #23
1LE Red Dragon
Train Driver

Drives: 2018 Summit White ZL1 1LE
If you are tall, and have the seat all the way back and the lower seat in its lowest vertical position BECAUSE you are tall, when you tilt the seat back, the back of the seat hits the lower seat cushion on the rear seat. That is why I believe they limited the tilt capacity. At least from my perspective. If you are tall enough that your seat is all the way down, and the seat is all the way back and in full reclined, and you hit your head on the roof of the car, you should be a center in the NBA. It seems like you are riding with the seat too high. I ride with the front part of the lower seat up, and the rear of the lower at its lowest vertical position, and I am 6'4" and have a lot of headroom with it not even in full reclined position. Im not sure I get the problem here.

/ / Katech TB // RotoFab Dry // Borla 60606 // ATI Super Damper / /
1LE Red Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 06:34 PM   #24
angryBits

Drives: ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by beasty2018camarozl1 View Post
shitty seats in ZL1
?

I find the Recaros in the Gen6 ZL1 to be outstanding.
I'm 6'4 220lbs decent shape and these seats are perfect for me.

Better than the Corvette Standard seats and Competition seats IMO.

Certainly better than the Gen5 ZL1.

Current: 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
Mods: MPS4s Tires | Borla Atak | CF Steering Wheel
Previous: 2018 ZL1 1LE M6 | 2017 Z06 Z07 M7 | 2017 GS A8 | 2015 ZL1 M6 | 2013 GT500
angryBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 08:59 PM   #25
NinoSS

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM LS3
For me the seats literally need to recline about another .5-1". I do not sleep in my car or ride in the "gangster lean" position, I just would like a smidge more. Comfortable driving position is subjective and everyone has a slightly different anatomy. The seat angle limitation, if fixed in the 19' MY was a flaw that GM has fixed.
Old 10-30-2018, 10:56 PM   #26
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinoSS View Post
For me the seats literally need to recline about another .5-1". I do not sleep in my car or ride in the "gangster lean" position, I just would like a smidge more. Comfortable driving position is subjective and everyone has a slightly different anatomy. The seat angle limitation, if fixed in the 19' MY was a flaw that GM has fixed.
Dead on ^^^ just needed a smidge and I can confirm they gave it more than that. I never hit the limit now which is the way is should be.
Old 10-31-2018, 07:43 AM   #27
msawyer110

Drives: 2017 ZL1
There is no Cholo setting on the ZL1 seats. Sorry.