Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-12-2022, 07:25 AM   #1
FrankO

Drives: 2011 Chevrolet Camaro Pace Car
License Plate bracket 2011 Camaro

Any options on license plate bracket for front of the 2011 Camaro?
FrankO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 07:53 AM   #2
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
I keep mine in the pocket on the back of the passenger seat lol. If you really want to run one, look into the sto and sho bracket. easy to take on and off for shows and whatnot. On my old 01 SS i just used 2 L brackets from home depot and made one. Theres a couple options out there

Color matched OEM GFX / VIS Carbon Fiber Hood (absolute trash quality and customer service ) / Heritage Grille / 5% Windows / 30% Windshield tint with 5% visor strip / Tinted Exterior Lights / Streetfighter LA Spoiler / Morimoto XB LED fogs / LED sidemarkers / Airaid CAI / Hurst Short Throw / TSP LT's / No cats / No resonator / Corsa Xtreme Catback / Trifecta Tune / Factory amp replaced / 2 JL Audio 12's in the trunk / MRR 228 Wheels / BMR Springs / Moog Endlinks / R1 Concepts Rotors & Pads
Arogg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 08:06 AM   #3
Whoomba

Drives: 2024Camaro 2SS CE Convertible
You mean besides in the garage like mine. Mine is supposed to be attached to the bumper but that means punching holes in it. I saw a bracket that attaches to the grill that can be removed on here. Do a search.
Whoomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 08:36 AM   #4
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
I’m another one of those guys that can’t stand the look of a plate on the front of these cars. To each their own.
Old 05-12-2022, 09:03 AM   #5
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

I've had mine zip tied to the lower grille at times if I'm gonna be parked in certain areas that I know I get ticketed but other than that, the plate stays in the backseat. There's a town by me where all the bars are and it was a weekly ticket so now I know when I go there, I zip tie the plate or I take the beater.

Color matched OEM GFX / VIS Carbon Fiber Hood (absolute trash quality and customer service ) / Heritage Grille / 5% Windows / 30% Windshield tint with 5% visor strip / Tinted Exterior Lights / Streetfighter LA Spoiler / Morimoto XB LED fogs / LED sidemarkers / Airaid CAI / Hurst Short Throw / TSP LT's / No cats / No resonator / Corsa Xtreme Catback / Trifecta Tune / Factory amp replaced / 2 JL Audio 12's in the trunk / MRR 228 Wheels / BMR Springs / Moog Endlinks / R1 Concepts Rotors & Pads
Old 05-12-2022, 11:25 AM   #6
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arogg View Post
I've had mine zip tied to the lower grille at times if I'm gonna be parked in certain areas that I know I get ticketed but other than that, the plate stays in the backseat. There's a town by me where all the bars are and it was a weekly ticket so now I know when I go there, I zip tie the plate or I take the beater.
I lived on Long Island NY Years ago where you couldn't drive 5 miles without
being stopped for no front plate. Then to Ct where two were required, but it's
never enforced. Now in Florida which only has one rear plate. Stupid laws.
Old 05-12-2022, 11:51 AM   #7
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
I lived on Long Island NY Years ago where you couldn't drive 5 miles without
being stopped for no front plate. Then to Ct where two were required, but it's
never enforced. Now in Florida which only has one rear plate. Stupid laws.
I know now that ive said it, ill get caught but I got WAY more tint and front plate tickets when I lived in NJ vs now in Long Island. Funny enough I was in Greenwich CT for a job a few weeks ago and my last day on the job I brought the Camaro and got popped for no front plate but the cop let me go.

Old 05-12-2022, 12:52 PM   #8
NOT A 45

Drives: 13 CAMARO 2SS LS3-04 SILVERADO LS3
Quote:
I know now that ive said it, ill get caught but I got WAY more tint and front plate tickets when I lived in NJ vs now in Long Island. Funny enough I was in Greenwich CT for a job a few weeks ago and my last day on the job I brought the Camaro and got popped for no front plate but the cop let me go.
Get yourself one like mine and you'll be proud to display it!
Attached Images

NOT A 45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 02:43 PM   #9
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOT A 45 View Post
Get yourself one like mine and you'll be proud to display it!
My custom plate is on the way actually... but it wont be going on the front..

Old 05-12-2022, 03:38 PM   #10
joekono

Drives: Camaro Convertible 2014 1LT
I've said it before, I wish they would let us pick the colors out(even limit them to 2 colors), and the plates would look a whole lot better.
Old 05-12-2022, 03:57 PM   #11
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by joekono View Post
I've said it before, I wish they would let us pick the colors out(even limit them to 2 colors), and the plates would look a whole lot better.
When I lived in NJ it was great. I was driving my Red and gold Trans am and the plates were a dark dark yellow, almost gold. Looked perfect lol. Now my car is all blacked out with bright white NY plates :(

Old 05-12-2022, 04:07 PM   #12
joekono

Drives: Camaro Convertible 2014 1LT
Quote:
When I lived in NJ it was great. I was driving my Red and gold Trans am and the plates were a dark dark yellow, almost gold. Looked perfect lol. Now my car is all blacked out with bright white NY plates :(
Yeah Arogg, sounds almost perfect the T/A. As long as there is a good amount of contrast, they should let us do it. Front, back or both. Another way for them to steal money from us but this I wouldn't mind.
Old 05-14-2022, 06:49 PM   #13
Mr2Hard2See
Instagram: Mr2Hard2See

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS
I did this.

Che bronze trunnion Ls3 timing/valley cover
Dod/vvt delete Dsx e85 Dsx aux fuel pump Id1050x injectors ZL1 fuel pump, Griptech 2.55 pulley, Solo performance Mach ll 2.5 catback exhaust 1 7/8th Lt headers

Last edited by Mr2Hard2See; 05-14-2022 at 11:14 PM.
Mr2Hard2See is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 08:38 PM   #14
Whoomba

Drives: 2024Camaro 2SS CE Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2Hard2See View Post
I did this.

I’m looking at this on an iPad and all I see is a white square.
Whoomba is offline   Reply With Quote