The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 01-24-2021, 08:20 AM   #85
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
i ordered one back in '19.....took delivery 1 yr, 4 months, and a week later. have had it for 7 weeks now, put 2000 miles on her already. Its mt 4th vette....and the best one yet. its a total joy to drive!!

Name:  RB PICKUP1.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  122.0 KB
Old 01-24-2021, 04:36 PM   #86
2013ZL1FUN

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Convertible A6 BRM
Issues are few, huh, hoods flying open, wheels cracking out? SOUNDS bad to me
Old 01-24-2021, 09:38 PM   #87
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
I like the C8! Saw one on the road for the first time last night.
Old 01-25-2021, 05:59 AM   #88
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013ZL1FUN View Post
Issues are few, huh, hoods flying open, wheels cracking out? SOUNDS bad to me
the front hood was a NON-ISSUE, truly an owner not knowing how to properly close the front hood......and haven't heard of a single wheel issue.
Old 01-25-2021, 06:16 AM   #89
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
the front hood was a NON-ISSUE, truly an owner not knowing how to properly close the front hood......and haven't heard of a single wheel issue.
If there was ever a situation where the owner could ever possibly be blamed for "not knowing how to properly close the front hood", that tells me either there's a horrible design flaw somewhere or the manufacturer is being a complete d-bag blaming customers for their screw ups. It's a hood. It should close, lock securely, and stay locked when you drop it. There should not be any special instruction or process in doing so.

Please don't be "that guy" who sticks up for GM with a bad design flaw.

There's either a flawed design or defective parts. Either way GM, and you, should not be blaming customers for anything here. There's documented video evidence of the hoods flying open at speed. That's GM fault.

End of discussion.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 07:55 AM   #90
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
Geez O pete Petrol Head...if you have to bash GM thats fine. But really? The owner can do no wrong and GM is producing crap??? Thats what your saying essentially. I started this thread because I saw a C8 go by me and thought THAT would be nice to have and I can afford it.

Go find another forum to infect....

2012 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 AWD
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 09:01 PM   #91
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
The front trunk hood thing was something like you could accidentally press the remote in such a manner that it would release the trunk. And the chances were roughly the same as your knee accidentally hitting the switchblade remote in a Gen 5 Camaro and shutting off the engine. Small... very small.

Remotes have been reprogrammed and the issue no longer exists.

C8 Corvettes are f'n awesome.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 09:01 PM   #92
PaulsSS

Drives: 15SS Camaro
My neighbor got his a few months ago. I went along for a ride, very nice. Someone offered him 100k plus what he owed on it, I think he said 35k. He didn't take the offer. I think he only paid 65k with the extra wheels.
PaulsSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 09:22 PM   #93
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by avalonandl View Post
Geez O pete Petrol Head...if you have to bash GM thats fine. But really? The owner can do no wrong and GM is producing crap??? Thats what your saying essentially. I started this thread because I saw a C8 go by me and thought THAT would be nice to have and I can afford it.

Go find another forum to infect....
GM very reluctantly recalled the hood or frunk situation with a software update that, among other things, prevents the car from going faster that 26 mph if it’s not completely locked.

The problem lies in, why would the design be such that it’s “up to the owner” to know how to close the damn thing? Or be so easy to accidentally hit the release? It’s a hood. Design it to close and lock like every other hood on the planet that doesn’t require special training. GM initially was blaming owners when there was even video of it happening thanks to the PDR.

This approach is bad customer service and plain ignorant stupidity to some of GM’s most affluent customers. It’s not the kind of thing to dismiss as infecting a forum.

You completely miss the point. Just like GM.
Old 01-26-2021, 07:05 AM   #94
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
GM very reluctantly recalled the hood or frunk situation with a software update that, among other things, prevents the car from going faster that 26 mph if it’s not completely locked.

The problem lies in, why would the design be such that it’s “up to the owner” to know how to close the damn thing? Or be so easy to accidentally hit the release? It’s a hood. Design it to close and lock like every other hood on the planet that doesn’t require special training. GM initially was blaming owners when there was even video of it happening thanks to the PDR.

This approach is bad customer service and plain ignorant stupidity to some of GM’s most affluent customers. It’s not the kind of thing to dismiss as infecting a forum.

You completely miss the point. Just like GM.
if you ever saw the ORIGINAL video of the first issue....you would have seen where the guy got in his car....had the radio cranked up a bit, and HE couldn't hear the warning chime AND he didn't see the 2 warnings, the hood wasn't latched and the speed was limited (but to 85 mph, and THAT was the update to the fronk, limit the speed to 26 mph nothing more) SOOOOOO it WAS OPERATOR ERROR, NOTHING MORE.
Old 01-26-2021, 08:07 AM   #95
Iron Lung Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
The problem lies in, why would the design be such that it’s “up to the owner” to know how to close the damn thing? Or be so easy to accidentally hit the release? It’s a hood. Design it to close and lock like every other hood on the planet that doesn’t require special training.
Well... it's "up to the owner" to know how to do pretty much everything related to operating a vehicle. Always has been.

Can't start it? Your problem.

Can't figure out the infotainment system? Your problem.

Don't know that the oil needs to be changed and the engine blows up as a result? Your problem.

As for the C8 frunk...You close it by closing it.

And it's not easy to accidentally hit the release.
Old 01-26-2021, 08:26 AM   #96
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
Well... it's "up to the owner" to know how to do pretty much everything related to operating a vehicle. Always has been.

Can't start it? Your problem.

Can't figure out the infotainment system? Your problem.

Don't know that the oil needs to be changed and the engine blows up as a result? Your problem.

As for the C8 frunk...You close it by closing it.

And it's not easy to accidentally hit the release.
Those are not related to opening and closing a door. Every door on every car has been the same since the beginning of time and requires no skill/knowledge/reading of the owners manual to tell you how to do it. A 5 year old should be able to simply open and close it without it flying open.

You’re not doing yourself any favors defending GM here. They f’d up a simple thing. End of discussion.
Old 01-26-2021, 09:03 AM   #97
Iron Lung Jimmy

If it was such a major design flaw why did only a handful of the 20,000 C8 owners have a problem?

Oh, and I guess I need to add -
End of discussion.
Old 01-27-2021, 05:11 PM   #98
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
Ignore him he is a TROLL....

2012 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 AWD
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote