The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 10-24-2020, 11:06 PM   #659
PeteD

Drives: 2012 2SS Victory Red with white st
To answer your question Dante. It has cut my hours from 40 to 32 for now. If things do not get better, we may have to temporarily shut down. The company I work for is in the food industry. So there is a need for us for now. but the companies we supply can only go for so long at a slow pace before they have to shut or go on reduced hours. Then it is just a trickle down effect from there
Old 10-24-2020, 11:32 PM   #660
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteD View Post
Always happens when someone thinks they know everything
I guess you haven't looked in the mirror lately...

Seems like a lot of "judging" and "shaming into compliance" in your posts. Very little common sense, logic, or reality though.

If you don't like the science, so be it. Live in fear of a flu bug. I'm fine with that. I do not tell you that you do not have to wear a mask. Where do you get off telling me I must?
Old 10-24-2020, 11:50 PM   #661
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Quote:
Well there ya go. When something happens don't come whining about all I could think about was my family or crap like that. You should have thought about that before hand. let your family go broke by paying your medical expenses. Picking your lame body up out of bed and wiping your rear because you can't. Because I am not going to do it
Why are you so scared and upset over N-O-T-H-I-N-G!?!

Less than .75% actually seek medical care for COVID.

You have a .7% chance of dying from a fall (slipping and hitting your head) and a .74% chance of dying in a car accident. (driver, passenger, pedestrian, anything auto related)

Maybe you should just live in a bubble if your so worked up over this...
Old 10-25-2020, 12:09 AM   #662
PeteD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
I guess you haven't looked in the mirror lately...

Seems like a lot of "judging" and "shaming into compliance" in your posts. Very little common sense, logic, or reality though.

If you don't like the science, so be it. Live in fear of a flu bug. I'm fine with that. I do not tell you that you do not have to wear a mask. Where do you get off telling me I must?
Don't need to look in the mirror. I don't think I know everything. All I got to do is look at you. Jeez. What an @$$

Not judging anyone. You type it, that is your thought/intent. If not, don't type it

Science says to wear it. So with the backing of science and common sense I wear it. not that hard. Do not need to be a rocket scientist. It is not a flu bug. Flu is nothing like this even though it has been stated that it is a strain of it.

The reason I say you must wear it is because it could affect me or my family. If it just affected you, do what you want. Play Russian roulette and see how many chances you get. Drink anti freeze and see if it tastes as good as it smells , sit in a garage with the doors down and car running and see if you get a headache . I do not care. It is your life. Waste it how you want. But this affects more than just you. Quit acting stupid. You seem like an intelligent person

Last edited by PeteD; 10-25-2020 at 12:27 AM.
PeteD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 12:12 AM   #663
PeteD

Quote:
Why are you so scared and upset over N-O-T-H-I-N-G!?!

Less than .75% actually seek medical care for COVID.

You have a .7% chance of dying from a fall (slipping and hitting your head) and a .74% chance of dying in a car accident. (driver, passenger, pedestrian, anything auto related)

Maybe you should just live in a bubble if your so worked up over this...
I am not scared. When the big man wants me he will pull my card soon enough. But I am not going to do things to rush it.

Those numbers mean nothing. Absolutely nothing. As I am more likely to come into contact with someone that has covid then falling or being in a car accident. Just goes to prove my point about the numbers and charts.

Maybe you should just go to a covid party if you don't believe?????

Not upset over the covid. What gripes me is how ignorant people want to be about it and then want to justify their ignorance with numbers, charts and, excuses. And then when they get it because of being stupid want to whine about it. I DON"T care. You did it. Live with it. You were warned. We have never in our lifetimes been through something like this. So the science behind it changes daily as we learn new things about it. For instance when it started they said it was just older people. Then it changed and it was middle aged people. All along it was with pre existing conditions. Well now it includes healthy people. But our children are safe....Um nope....Killing under 1 year old now..........So my point is, it is new. Just because they say this today does not mean that will be correct tomorrow

Do I think they or we know everything about this. NO. It is constantly evolving. DO I think that wearing a mask and not being right on top of someone is 100% safe and means I can not catch it. NO. But if it gives me a 50% chance of not getting it. Then I will do it.

I have never in my life seen a population of people so unwilling to possibly save their own life or someone else's by doing something so damn simple.

Last edited by PeteD; 10-25-2020 at 12:32 AM.
PeteD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 07:23 AM   #664
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
LISTEN TO THE EXPERTS! (Sweden) “The country’s senior epidemiologist Anders Tengell has also criticized the wearing of face masks as “very dangerous” because it gives a false sense of security but does not effectively stem the spread of the virus.”

Be Sweden, not sheep. You’ll be sick OF Covid long after you’re sick FROM Covid!

Last edited by Moto-Mojo; 10-25-2020 at 07:59 AM.
Moto-Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 08:52 AM   #665
Silver14

Drives: 2014 SIM 2SS
Quote:
It's a good thing that we are currently at a .26% death rate (and dropping).

Also, Where has your concern been over cancer and heart disease?

Heart disease averages more deaths (by over double) than COVID.

This virus is currently killing about as many people as die during a bad flu season.

I"m curious why you keep saying 0.26% when the link you provided shows 2.66%?

Excess deaths is an interesting way to look at things as well. https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c...ess_deaths.htm
Silver14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 09:11 AM   #666
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
“People will need to wear masks and follow social distancing guidelines through the end of 2021 and into 2022.” - A Fauci

2022. Let that sink in.
Old 10-25-2020, 09:27 AM   #667
Rob3D

Drives: Car
Quote:
Well there ya go. When something happens don't come whining about all I could think about was my family or crap like that. You should have thought about that before hand. let your family go broke by paying your medical expenses. Picking your lame body up out of bed and wiping your rear because you can't. Because I am not going to do it

...while you’re at it screw vaccinations. Those are right up there with stupid laws regulating speed limits, crack houses, traffic lights and parachutes...laws that infringe upon my god given inalienable rights

And when I do die, I’m coming straight back here to whine about it.
Rob3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 10:19 AM   #668
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob3D View Post
...while you’re at it screw vaccinations. Those are right up there with stupid laws regulating speed limits, crack houses, traffic lights and parachutes...laws that infringe upon my god given inalienable rights

And when I do die, I’m coming straight back here to whine about it.
You do know that there are no laws forcing anyone to get vaccinated, right? Nor can your governor mandate it. (Well. I guess he or she could, but the courts would immediately strike it down)

Should everyone get vaccinated? Of course. Because vaccines work. Yet no mandate.

Masks? Don't work yet we have mandates.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 10:23 AM   #669
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver14 View Post
I"m curious why you keep saying 0.26% when the link you provided shows 2.66%?

Excess deaths is an interesting way to look at things as well. https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c...ess_deaths.htm
I posted the link in this thread to the study. I'd be happy to repost it though!

(It's not the EXACT link I posted, but both are not " conspiracy blog news". They are both mainstream media outlets.)

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-yor...dies-covid-19/

"New York's first survey of coronavirus antibodies shows that 13.9% of those tested in the state had coronavirus antibodies in their system, meaning they have contracted and recovered from the virus, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo said Thursday."

------------------------------------
Basically, there is 13.9% of the population running around that have contracted the virus and self healed without knowing it.

For a margin of error, and the ease of calculation, I cut it down to 10%.

So, you can add 10% to the number of people that have actually have had the disease, but didn't die or seek medical treatment.

That drops the 2.66% deaths to .266%
Old 10-25-2020, 10:39 AM   #670
Silver14

Drives: 2014 SIM 2SS
Quote:
I posted the link in this thread to the study. I'd be happy to repost it though!

(It's not the EXACT link I posted, but both are not " conspiracy blog news". They are both mainstream media outlets.)

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-yor...dies-covid-19/

"New York's first survey of coronavirus antibodies shows that 13.9% of those tested in the state had coronavirus antibodies in their system, meaning they have contracted and recovered from the virus, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo said Thursday."

------------------------------------
Basically, there is 13.9% of the population running around that have contracted the virus and self healed without knowing it.

For a margin of error, and the ease of calculation, I cut it down to 10%.

So, you can add 10% to the number of people that have actually have had the disease, but didn't die or seek medical treatment.

That drops the 2.66% deaths to .266%

That's not how the math would work if you add 10% to the # who've had it and survived. Using the previous # of 8,466,069 to keep the comparison consistent, adding 10% to it = 9,312,676.

225,114 is 2.4% of 9,312,676.
Silver14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 10:43 AM   #671
Rob3D

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
You do know that there are no laws forcing anyone to get vaccinated, right? Nor can your governor mandate it. (Well. I guess he or she could, but the courts would immediately strike it down)

Should everyone get vaccinated? Of course. Because vaccines work. Yet no mandate.

Masks? Don't work yet we have mandates.

I don’t understand know why. Chicken bones cause more deaths per year than Covid. That’s the real problem in America. God damned chickens.
Rob3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 10:47 AM   #672
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Quote:
I am not scared. When the big man wants me he will pull my card soon enough. But I am not going to do things to rush it.

Those numbers mean nothing. Absolutely nothing. As I am more likely to come into contact with someone that has covid then falling or being in a car accident. Just goes to prove my point about the numbers and charts.

Maybe you should just go to a covid party if you don't believe?????

Not upset over the covid. What gripes me is how ignorant people want to be about it and then want to justify their ignorance with numbers, charts and, excuses. And then when they get it because of being stupid want to whine about it. I DON"T care. You did it. Live with it. You were warned. We have never in our lifetimes been through something like this. So the science behind it changes daily as we learn new things about it. For instance when it started they said it was just older people. Then it changed and it was middle aged people. All along it was with pre existing conditions. Well now it includes healthy people. But our children are safe....Um nope....Killing under 1 year old now..........So my point is, it is new. Just because they say this today does not mean that will be correct tomorrow

Do I think they or we know everything about this. NO. It is constantly evolving. DO I think that wearing a mask and not being right on top of someone is 100% safe and means I can not catch it. NO. But if it gives me a 50% chance of not getting it. Then I will do it.

I have never in my life seen a population of people so unwilling to possibly save their own life or someone else's by doing something so damn simple.
Obviously, you are very passionate about your beliefs. So much so that you refuse to listen to the science, nor use common sense or logic. Good luck living in fear.

FWIW, the number of reported people that died in your state (NC)
yesterday? 30

The number of reported people that died in my state (AZ) yesterday? 4

The number of reported deaths in 10 states and the D.O.C. combined yesterday? 0

The highest number of reported deaths in the country yesterday? FL w/ 78

Total reported deaths for the US yesterday? 784

Average number of daily deaths for heart disease and cancer in the US (2018)? 3437