The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-28-2014, 08:39 PM   #43
6bangerBOOM

Drives: 2016 1SS SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by racergirl View Post
I have gone a 13.95 @ 100.77, but that was back in Nov. and my car was bone stock. Did we happen to cross paths at the fest?

Nah, I just did that thing that probably a lot of us did where you run across a car at fest and think to yourself "I think I've seen this one before."
6bangerBOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:55 PM   #44
racergirl

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 2SS/RS A6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6bangerBOOM View Post
Nah, I just did that thing that probably a lot of us did where you run across a car at fest and think to yourself "I think I've seen this one before."
Ohhh. I gotcha. Too many cars and people to remember

Former Camaro: 2013 2LS
BONE STOCK: 13.953@100.77 With Bolt-Ons: 13.646@101.60
With 75 shot and Bolt-Ons: 12.587@111.25
Performance Mods: CAI Intake, MRT V2, SLP Underdrive Pulley, DRs, Skinnies, Rear seat delete
racergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:13 PM   #45
Rocki

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS RRM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLmanTN View Post
Haha every time I'm on the interstate! I call them my "bait car". I stay about 6 car lengths back and hope they get a cops attention first. I try and pick the people that never move out the the left lane.
Some of us have more balls than others, what can we say?! I don't drive a fast car because I'm waiting for what someone else is going to do.

Last edited by Rocki; 07-28-2014 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Just saying...
Rocki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:25 PM   #46
Kleeeb

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 1LT/RS
Send a message via MSN to Kleeeb Send a message via Skype™ to Kleeeb
Absolutely! All the time. Yesterday we made a trip to Louisiana and on the way here, there was a 2014 Corvette Stingray that I zoomed up behind. He let off a bit, and got behind me, and zoomed up beside me, shot me a peace sign, and revved it up a little and we followed each other playing chicken kind of for about 15 miles before he exited! Was a really awesome experience because he actually waved first! Not used to that... LOL.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:26 PM   #47
Kleeeb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-28-2014, 09:34 PM   #48
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Went to Sandestin earlier this summer, nice beaches but I prefer P-cola
Just because your fave aunt lives around there , come on clean
Just say it !
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:34 PM   #49
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
On vacation this summer we stayed somewhere in Nevada one night and parked next to a Harley. It was Synergy Green Metallic with darker green tribal markings, so sweet. Next morning at breakfast, a guy comes up and says he like the color of my car. Seen his Harley shirt and put 2 and 2 together, and complimented him on his bike. We all went our separate ways, us Iowa and Him to Illinois. Hour down the road he cruises past us doing about 4 mph faster than me. Wave and figure it was dumb luck. Hour or so later we pull into get gas and take a break, yup he had done the same. We got out first and he past us once again and that was the last we saw of him.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:37 PM   #50
Kleeeb

Quote:
I just hate that bridge right after it
I loved that bridge! It was really long, and really cool! Was an interesting twist to the long boring drive all the way from Central Texas to Key West...
Old 07-28-2014, 09:38 PM   #51
racergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
Just because your fave aunt lives around there , come on clean
Just say it !
Maybe.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeeb View Post
Absolutely! All the time. Yesterday we made a trip to Louisiana and on the way here, there was a 2014 Corvette Stingray that I zoomed up behind. He let off a bit, and got behind me, and zoomed up beside me, shot me a peace sign, and revved it up a little and we followed each other playing chicken kind of for about 15 miles before he exited! Was a really awesome experience because he actually waved first! Not used to that... LOL.
In Louisiana, people are very nice and friendly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by its a syn View Post
On vacation this summer we stayed somewhere in Nevada one night and parked next to a Harley. It was Synergy Green Metallic with darker green tribal markings, so sweet. Next morning at breakfast, a guy comes up and says he like the color of my car. Seen his Harley shirt and put 2 and 2 together, and complimented him on his bike. We all went our separate ways, us Iowa and Him to Illinois. Hour down the road he cruises past us doing about 4 mph faster than me. Wave and figure it was dumb luck. Hour or so later we pull into get gas and take a break, yup he had done the same. We got out first and he past us once again and that was the last we saw of him.
Very nice!

Performance Mods: CAI Intake, MRT V2, SLP Underdrive Pulley, DRs, Skinnies, Rear seat delete
Old 07-28-2014, 09:42 PM   #52
Kleeeb

Quote:
Maybe.....

In Louisiana, people are very nice and friendly!

Very nice!
This incident was still in Texas Niceeeee try, though V.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:50 PM   #53
racergirl

Quote:
This incident was still in Texas Niceeeee try, though V.
But you were close to Louisiana!

Old 07-28-2014, 09:57 PM   #54
Kleeeb

Quote:
But you were close to Louisiana!
Ehhh... Maybe an hour from the border. But did you not notice the Texas plates? People are definitely nicer in Texas. Louisiana hates me really... The first time i drove through to go to Key West, I got trapped in terrible weather, could barely make it through because Baton Rouge flooded and my car started making a TERRIBLE noise... My other friend that lives in LA said that louisiana was testing me to see if I could come back, and I passed. Well this time I came through, at the rest stop I hit the freaking parking curb with my front bumper and scraped it up a tad, visually. Obviously, LA didn't think I was worthy the first time. Makes me sick to my stomach but I choose not to look at it... But... L'auberge welcomed me kindly, until I leave for a 6 hour road trip tomorrow again... yay me
Old 07-28-2014, 10:07 PM   #55
racergirl

Quote:
Ehhh... Maybe an hour from the border. But did you not notice the Texas plates? People are definitely nicer in Texas. Louisiana hates me really... The first time i drove through to go to Key West, I got trapped in terrible weather, could barely make it through because Baton Rouge flooded and my car started making a TERRIBLE noise... My other friend that lives in LA said that louisiana was testing me to see if I could come back, and I passed. Well this time I came through, at the rest stop I hit the freaking parking curb with my front bumper and scraped it up a tad, visually. Obviously, LA didn't think I was worthy the first time. Makes me sick to my stomach but I choose not to look at it... But... L'auberge welcomed me kindly, until I leave for a 6 hour road trip tomorrow again... yay me
Texas people be crazy drivers. Louisiana likes me, it might just be you....

Old 07-28-2014, 11:16 PM   #56
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor5244 View Post
No, however I will keep pace with another car if I want to get a better look at it. I have done this a few times when I first saw the c7 vettes and a z28.
There is a thread going where ordinary people think other people are stalking them. Yet they have no reason to be followed...you should post there....see what they think.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote