The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 11-13-2007, 08:08 PM   #1
kevino
kevino

Drives: 1988 IROC-Z 5.7 TPI
88 IROC LOVER

WOULD YOU BUY 1stYEAR 5TH GEN. WITH A 500 HP TOPPS OR WAIT FOR NEWER WITH MORE ,AS COMPARED TO MUSTANG THAT HAS SO MANY OPTIONS?
kevino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 08:12 PM   #2
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Welcome to the site!

lay off the caps-lock

And, whatever tickles you more, I suppose...it's hard to say what the numbers are going to be, but I'll die before I buy a Mustang over a Camaro. If there was no Camaro, I'd buy a stang...but, there is one. So.......
Old 11-13-2007, 08:16 PM   #3
z28camaro2471
C5 Member #227

Drives: Camaros
In all the discussions surrounding this highly anticipated car, I don't recall anyone mentioning the fact that it is in one's best interest to NOT purchase the first year of any new/redesigned model. Well now that I think about it there may be one thread that addresses this. Either way, as the warranty claims come in the engineers fix whatever they missed the first time.

It's probably best to actually wait a couple of years. That and the top 'dawg' Camaro is not expected to be out until a year or two later (mostly speculation not confirmed). So if you are looking for 500 horses, GM may make the decision for you.
z28camaro2471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 08:18 PM   #4
kevino
kevino

KEVINO

I'LL STICK TO CAPS,BECAUSE I CANT TYPE, BUT I THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE. I JUST SEE ALOT OF RUSTANGS FROM DEALERS WITH HUGE OPTIONS,AND WANT CHEVY TO GO BEYOND WHAT FORD CAN DO...
Old 11-13-2007, 08:44 PM   #5
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevino View Post
I'LL STICK TO CAPS,BECAUSE I CANT TYPE, BUT I THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE. I JUST SEE ALOT OF RUSTANGS FROM DEALERS WITH HUGE OPTIONS,AND WANT CHEVY TO GO BEYOND WHAT FORD CAN DO...
C'mon, you know they will. Here's a quote for you, to put your mind at ease, from the Camaro guru, Scott Settlemire:

Quote:
You can be assured that when this car is built, it WILL plant "an old man's ass" to the back of the seat. (remember....we said '400 hp'...and we all know that the last 4th gens had horsepower a good deal north of the advertised 325 hp........)

oh......one more thing: Did I happen to mention "class leading acceleration and overall performance??" as part of the 'recipe' for the new Camaro?????
Now why go thru all that trouble...and then jip the customers on a few gagets...nope. You'll be plenty pleased with the new Camaro. 99.99% garanteed!
Old 11-13-2007, 08:53 PM   #6
kevino
kevino

GOOD HIT, JUST WANT CHEVY TO DOMINATE. JUST A LITTLE CRAZY CAUSE MUSTANGS TRY TO RACE ME DAILY,AND I DONT RACE THEM BECAUSE I AM STOCK.,OH, AND BECAUSE I HAVE 800$ WORTH OF TIRES
Old 11-13-2007, 08:56 PM   #7
Mr. Wyndham

A mustang wants to race you? huh...I'll loan you my Cobalt, that should be enough to do the trick
Old 11-13-2007, 09:02 PM   #8
kevino
kevino

KEVINO

COULD I BEAT A STOCK 88 MUSTANG IF I TRIED., CHECKED ORIG NUMBERS ,VERY CLOSE..... MY ROC IS NOT THE TYPICAL PIECE OF CRAP THAT YOU SEE. BUT IT IS NOT MODIFIED
Old 11-13-2007, 09:15 PM   #9
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Well, I would rather push a chevy than drive a ford. Because I know that I won't need to push the chevy and I will always be pushing the ford.

Anyway, I won't buy a first year of any car new or used. They just have too many bugs, its nobodys fault really, there is only so much that can be tested. Figure in the first week of sales there will probably be more miles logged in new Camaros (when you combine them from all those sold) than all of testing. Little things will show up.

Anyway I will probably buy an entry V8 around 2010 or even 2011 because of this as well as because of money. I have none right now, but I am done with school in april!
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 09:26 PM   #10
kevino
kevino

CHEVY DOMINATES CAR OR TRUCK,07 CHEVY 6.6LTR TURBO DIESLE 2500ALLISON TRANNYKILL FORD

Old 11-14-2007, 03:05 AM   #11
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
WOULD YOU BUY 1stYEAR 5TH GEN. WITH A 500 HP TOPPS OR WAIT FOR NEWER WITH MORE ,AS COMPARED TO MUSTANG THAT HAS SO MANY OPTIONS?
1st year 5th Gen won't have t-tops. In fact, I don't think any 5th Gens will have them....according to all speculation and rumor. Not going to happen.

...Or wait for newer w/ more...options? I'd hold off to see what GM offers up in the second year. For all of those folks that are so concerened about bugs in the 1st year models, GM will fix them under warranty. I didn't know the Mustang had that many options. I never bothered to check. Unless you are talking about exterior options. I couldn't even begin to count the # of different versions of Mustangs are out on the roads.

I woudn't doubt GM will put a good # of options out on the table for all of us enthusiasts. They won't put out a 500hp top of the line Camaro w/ cloth, manual windows, and basically all your other B4C options (IMO).
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 03:00 PM   #12
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
GOOD HIT, JUST WANT CHEVY TO DOMINATE. JUST A LITTLE CRAZY CAUSE MUSTANGS TRY TO RACE ME DAILY,AND I DONT RACE THEM BECAUSE I AM STOCK.,OH, AND BECAUSE I HAVE 800$ WORTH OF TIRES
$800 worth of tires? try $1500. lol unless ur spinning them, racing isnt going to mess up your tires any more than drivin fast on the interstate.

Quote:
COULD I BEAT A STOCK 88 MUSTANG IF I TRIED., CHECKED ORIG NUMBERS ,VERY CLOSE..... MY ROC IS NOT THE TYPICAL PIECE OF CRAP THAT YOU SEE. BUT IT IS NOT MODIFIED
origional hp/torque numbers dont really mean squat when you are talking about a 20 yr old car. ur both going to be down in numbers compared to stock.

now back to topic, i would buy the 1st year 5th gen then trade it in for a newer model w/ more hp!!!
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote