The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-24-2007, 03:16 PM   #1
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Darwin Driver on the Month (July)

Here's the first of several threads dedicated to stories of the genius* drivers of the world. Post your stories of these great drivers or people who just pissed you off on the road and we'll vote at the end of each month. There will be a new thread for each month, as well as a separate voting thread to declare the winner.

I'll start it off.

Driving home from work at 2:30 AM last night, there were 4 lanes on 101 Southbound just leaving SF. There was a Toyota tercel tailgating a car in the 3 lane (second from the right) about an 1/8th of a mile ahead of me. I'm in the fastlane going about 68 while they're going I guess around 50 ish. As I start getting closer, I realize that the tercel has his high beams on and is following this miata pretty close (about 1 car length or so). All of a sudden, the tercel swerves over two lanes into the fast lane, no signal, just out of the blue. I have to almost brake pretty hard to not hit him/her. The tercel keeps going and then swerves back over two lanes as if he/she was just trying to pass the miata. Why it got into the fast lane, I have no clue other than to slow me down from 3 mph over the posted limit (65).

I just wish I had a dart gun or something to pop his tire.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:25 PM   #2
twigg107

Drives: 05 Subaru STi
This one take the cake!!!

ricer crash
twigg107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 07:40 PM   #3
Other Side

Drives: 2000 Camaro Z28
^Haha.
"We lost control... because of the dirt."

Found this link from there:
Another video of incredible intelligence.
Other Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 07:41 PM   #4
alleykt123
err… MEOW!

Drives: 2005 GTO
Send a message via AIM to alleykt123 Send a message via Yahoo to alleykt123
This isn't a recent stupid-driver event, but I have to tell this story.

I was on the way to work one morning, driving in the highspeed lane on the freeway going about 75. The guy in the car in front of me seems to be digging around in the passenger seat for something - he does this for a few minutes. I'm not too worried because he's staying in his lane and not tailgating the vehicle in front of him.

The next thing I know, he straightens out in his seat and starts lifting a weight… WTF??!! Dude was doing his workout while going 75+ on the freeway!!

Thinking that it wasn't such a good idea to be behind him, I got out of that lane and away from him.

Work out in your car while commuting? Man I hope his DNA doesn't get passed along…

Quote:
Motorcycle Cop: Whatcha got in the trunk?
J. Frank Parnell: Oh... You don't wanna look in there.

Repo Man
alleykt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 09:04 PM   #5
stevenm357

Drives: 98 Trans am 00 Trans am 01 corvette
Weight lifting while driving.. why didn't I think of it.

This month on I-68 east of Morgantown, WV a drive crossed the median, striking 2 cars and killing a total of 5 people... he survived, and received his 8th DUI ... what how... shouldn't he be executed at this point!

a couple years ago i had some guy in an SUV pull out in front of me. go 20 MPH in the city ( 25 limit) so i pass him. he speeds up to over 35 when i do. tail gates me to the next stop light and jumps out of his SUV. at Which point i make sure i have my pistol handy. and the light turns and i drive on. He runs back to his SUV and flies up on my ass again. then comes up into the turn lane swerving and swearing at me then turns immediately left. A short over weight bald man was attempting to pick a fight with a martial arts and firearms instructor. .. bad mojo.

I've seen some really stupid crap and done some crap hopefully not that stupid. My favorite was the darwin award winner that took an old camaro and tied a rocket that they use for the military cargo planes when the runway is too short. .... yeah. no off switch. the FAA was called instead of police because there he hit the side of a New Mexico or Arizona mountain it looked like a train wreck..... those rockets... no off switch!

2001 Corvette
Heads,Big cam, 4:11, Custom Exhaust, MGW Shifter Baer Eradispeed +2 2 pieces rotors, Hotchkiss swaybars. and a few other little things.

1998 Trans Am A4 ( was STS turbo until the turbo and oil pump died)

2000 WS6 Trans AM under the knife ( sadly turned into long term project.
stevenm357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 11:48 PM   #6
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenm357 View Post
Weight lifting while driving.. why didn't I think of it.

This month on I-68 east of Morgantown, WV a drive crossed the median, striking 2 cars and killing a total of 5 people... he survived, and received his 8th DUI ... what how... shouldn't he be executed at this point!

a couple years ago i had some guy in an SUV pull out in front of me. go 20 MPH in the city ( 25 limit) so i pass him. he speeds up to over 35 when i do. tail gates me to the next stop light and jumps out of his SUV. at Which point i make sure i have my pistol handy. and the light turns and i drive on. He runs back to his SUV and flies up on my ass again. then comes up into the turn lane swerving and swearing at me then turns immediately left. A short over weight bald man was attempting to pick a fight with a martial arts and firearms instructor. .. bad mojo.

I've seen some really stupid crap and done some crap hopefully not that stupid. My favorite was the darwin award winner that took an old camaro and tied a rocket that they use for the military cargo planes when the runway is too short. .... yeah. no off switch. the FAA was called instead of police because there he hit the side of a New Mexico or Arizona mountain it looked like a train wreck..... those rockets... no off switch!

Has to be the biggest "Urban Legend" ever when dealing with an automobile… The first time I read the story it was a 60 something Impala and a sidewinder missile. The car changes depending on who tells the story. They debunked it on Myth Busters

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 12:49 AM   #7
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Well I was trying to keep this to user submitted stories, but youtubes are always funny to watch. From this point on can we stick to incidents that involve you watching another driver, or even being the driver yourself? Thanks.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:25 AM   #8
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I'll submit my story later. Does it have to be about their driving? Or, can it be about their stupidity in general?

http://www.snopes.com/autos/dream/jato.asp

The myth is false. Maybe what I saw was mythbusters too.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote