Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-01-2015, 10:23 PM   #29
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemosfet View Post
Oh, don't get me wrong, I know that 0.7 is quite a difference, I was about 1.3 seconds quicker after I supercharged my previous car.

But, even before the blower, it was still an incredibly fast machine, compared to nearly every other car on the road. That 1.3 seconds made it that much faster, but I'm not going to say that the performance gap between the camaro and the mustang is as dramatic as the difference between a mustang and nearly every other car on the road.

Maybe I just take it personally, because I would like to see a Ford muscle car next to my GM and Mopar in the garage one day, but any time I see the implied attitude that "because x is this much better, y is the worst thing ever" I cringe a little bit. No, the Mustang is still an incredible machine with awesome acceleration and handling, especially compared to the sports cars I grew up with.

Anyway, , does Car and Driver do video reviews? I tend to enjoy those a bit more, since they tend to convey emotion a bit better.
Joe...you are 100% correct that these cars now days are so damn fast...that one tiny slip up will mean a loss. My former 2010 V6 Camaro had speed that was considered pretty fast for a basic street car in the 90s. With the mods I had, it wasn't much slower than a 2010 Mustang GT. Now these new Mustangs and Camaros are throwing out numbers that could only be found in supercars from that era.

In a world where car makers are scratching for every 10th of a second they can get, 0.7 of a second is what I would consider a good smashing. Does it mean the other car is bad?? Heck no! Not at all. Just b/c I'll be crusing around in my 2016 SS in a matter of a few weeks doesn't mean I'm going to feel superior to every Mustang I meet on the street. Not at all...but its hard to deny the performance....its as close, or maybe even closer to Corvette than Mustang, and thats saying something.
Old 11-02-2015, 02:19 AM   #30
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
It's funny to go back only a handful of years maybe two and see Mustang Cobras with 238 rear wheel HP. Same with hyped Camaro's. Those are cars that matched the price we're paying today for just about double the HP and 4x the gas mileage

I have no beef with Ford and the Mustang, I enjoy chatting with level headed car guys regardless of brand. But the crowd at that one forum is a disgrace... it's also shamefull to see some people here jump on that train.

Overall facts are facts. That C&D paid off mag just gave the Mustang great marks against the Camaro and tourched their long tested Vette that they just turned the keys over too. Money in the pocket..... #Morons.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote