Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-22-2015, 10:45 AM   #85
Iroc_Z28

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
Can you imagine trying to fit a supercharged OHC engine into the Corvette? Not going to happen.
well, a DOHC supercharged v8 northstar fit in the XLR-V which was based on the c6 vette, so it is possible albeit more challenging....i agree with you guys though, the compact packaging of the LSx/LTx is very appealing
Old 09-22-2015, 10:41 PM   #86
antimatr

Drives: 4 wheels + engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob View Post
@whiteboyblues2001
AUDIīs 4.2 n/a V8 in the RS5 cranks out 450 hp like the LT1 with 2ltr !! less capacity and i bet it is not heavier.
Actually, that Audi 4.2 V8 is 2 pounds heavier than the LT1. Oh, something else to consider.

http://www.chevrolet.com/performance...gines/lt1.html Price for an LT1 crate motor is $11000 USD.

https://parts.audiusa.com/parts/2014...E&group=ENGINE Price for an Audi 4.2 V8? $21998.98

Both are not bad engines by any means (particularly the Audi, if you're a masochist and/or you hate money), but, going by the merits of these two motors alone, it's pretty hard to justify the Audi considering it doesn't make any more power than the LT1, makes considerably less torque, (again) is heavier, less fuel efficient and considering the DOHC layout, I strongly doubt it's a physically smaller engine.

Also...

Quote:
i dont know anymore but these rpmīs are not possible with psuhrods and only 2valves/cyl.
I can think of two cars that were quite capable of reaching 8000+rpm with their lowly 2 valve pushrod V8s...

Oh, you might want to let these guys know that their lame 2v pushrod engines can't make 507hp @ 7800rpm...oh, wait, they actually put out 700+hp at around 9000rpm...

Gone: 2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium (Sterling Gray Metallic, HID/Security Pkg, Brembo Pkg, 6M)
Current: 2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack (Ivory White Tri-coat Pearl, Driver Convenience Grp, Leather Interior Grp, 8A)
Future(?): 2018 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS (Hyper Blue Metallic, NPP, 56R, 6M) or Ford Mustang GT Premium (Lightning Blue Metallic, Active Exhaust, Performance Package, 401A Package, Spoiler Delete, 6M)

Last edited by antimatr; 09-23-2015 at 10:03 PM.
antimatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 10:45 PM   #87
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
@whiteboyblues2001
i agree with you on near all things.
Performance data recorder as in the C7 would be a very nice option, indeed.
And for the 6piston bremboīs i hope they will deliver it as std. or at least an option to europe as the Ford sells itīs PP as std. in ALL Stangīs for our faster autobahn driving.
But one thing i will not give up to complain about it; the oldschool pushrodīs V8 from chevy. I drove the coyote some thousands of km and chevyīs V8 in a Camaro 2012 and that LT1 in C7 for only 1000km but i said it and say it again; these pushrods have good torque from the cellar but thatīs it, over 4000rpm it breathes hard and rev up to limit let me feel bad for it....for sporty driving i like the coyote better, much more lively. You dont feel the few hp left but a little less torque at low end of course with 1.2ltr left. Perhaps itīs due to our more sporty driving daily on autobahn why most europeans like a broader usable rev band more? Chevyīs fable to hold on on pushrods only! for the V8īs remembers me at the outgoing Ford policy where Mustangs came 10years with completely outdated life rearaxles. We have in germany some Mustang tuners and they did their best but never could match a modern IRS....a pushrod with same capacity as a modern DOHC will always have less power/torque, worse mpg and emission data. I remember my dadīsold BMW M6 from 2005 with itīs 5.0 n/a V10 cranking out 507hp at 7800rpm? i dont know anymore but these rpmīs are not possible with psuhrods and only 2valves/cyl. AUDIīs 4.2 n/a V8 in the RS5 cranks out 450 hp like the LT1 with 2ltr !! less capacity and i bet it is not heavier.
i was told to be a troll in that opinion but i dont care about that because facts always beats fanboys ;-)
Your not a troll, you are just dumb and have no clue what you are talking about.
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 07:00 AM   #88
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
@whiteboyblues2001
i agree with you on near all things.
Performance data recorder as in the C7 would be a very nice option, indeed.
And for the 6piston bremboīs i hope they will deliver it as std. or at least an option to europe as the Ford sells itīs PP as std. in ALL Stangīs for our faster autobahn driving.
But one thing i will not give up to complain about it; the oldschool pushrodīs V8 from chevy. I drove the coyote some thousands of km and chevyīs V8 in a Camaro 2012 and that LT1 in C7 for only 1000km but i said it and say it again; these pushrods have good torque from the cellar but thatīs it, over 4000rpm it breathes hard and rev up to limit let me feel bad for it....for sporty driving i like the coyote better, much more lively. You dont feel the few hp left but a little less torque at low end of course with 1.2ltr left. Perhaps itīs due to our more sporty driving daily on autobahn why most europeans like a broader usable rev band more? Chevyīs fable to hold on on pushrods only! for the V8īs remembers me at the outgoing Ford policy where Mustangs came 10years with completely outdated life rearaxles. We have in germany some Mustang tuners and they did their best but never could match a modern IRS....a pushrod with same capacity as a modern DOHC will always have less power/torque, worse mpg and emission data. I remember my dadīsold BMW M6 from 2005 with itīs 5.0 n/a V10 cranking out 507hp at 7800rpm? i dont know anymore but these rpmīs are not possible with psuhrods and only 2valves/cyl. AUDIīs 4.2 n/a V8 in the RS5 cranks out 450 hp like the LT1 with 2ltr !! less capacity and i bet it is not heavier.
i was told to be a troll in that opinion but i dont care about that because facts always beats fanboys ;-)
I'm guessing you found out how heavy and big the AMG 6.3L (actually 6.2L) was and decided to switch to Audi 4.2L. Well, it is big and heavy, too. It also has a higher center of gravity and gets pretty poor gas mileage (wait, VW...even that number may be false)
Old 09-23-2015, 08:35 AM   #89
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by antimatr View Post
Both are not bad engines by any means,
You are totally wrong on that one. One of them IS bad. The Audi engine has had some serious problems. Take a look at this article:

http://jalopnik.com/here-s-why-the-v...car-1676466510

That engine has big-time timing chain issues.

Plus, this engine is HUGE!! It's bigger, heavier, less torque, less efficient (even if they AREN'T lying on this one), and cost more than twice as much. Oh, and by the way, the RS5 is much slower than the Camaro, and it costs twice as much.

I would hate to have to change out the timing chains and hardward on the Audi engine:
Attached Images

Last edited by whiteboyblues2001; 09-23-2015 at 09:14 AM.
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 01:21 PM   #90
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Drives: 16 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilirg View Post
Your not a troll, you are just dumb and have no clue what you are talking about.
Thats what I have concluded. Even taking into account a slight language barrier.

INCOMING: ‘22 ZL1, Satin Steel. A10. PDR.
Ordered: 03/02/22.
LesserO2Evils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 01:48 PM   #91
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
You are totally wrong on that one. One of them IS bad. The Audi engine has had some serious problems. Take a look at this article:

http://jalopnik.com/here-s-why-the-v...car-1676466510

That engine has big-time timing chain issues.

Plus, this engine is HUGE!! It's bigger, heavier, less torque, less efficient (even if they AREN'T lying on this one), and cost more than twice as much. Oh, and by the way, the RS5 is much slower than the Camaro, and it costs twice as much.

I would hate to have to change out the timing chains and hardward on the Audi engine:

That thing looks like a nightmare.

And people complain about the "complexity" of Coyote's timing gear:

Old 10-01-2015, 03:17 PM   #92
1sspat
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2016 2SS, 6SP, NPP, MRC, NAV
I too have also owned both a mustang and Camaro. My mustang was my first car so when I see one it gives me that nostalgic feeling! But the Camaro has been the most exciting car I have owned. Both performance and aggressive looks! What more could you want.

I currently traded in my 2012 explorer to drive a 2009 civic so that I could eliminate a car payment and save for the new 6th gen Camaro. I did look at the new 6th gen mustang and I do like it, but don't love it. The gt350 was a strong contender until I realized it was out of my price point.

Bottom line for me is that the Camaro looks better and has better performance, I can't deny that. For me it's soon to be a 1SS, red hot, NPP, MRC, NAV!
1sspat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 04:48 PM   #93
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
I like both. I have driven a 2015 GT on a short trip (currently running 12.1 with a mail order tune and drag radials) and I also recently rented a 2015 Mustang V6 convertible. I really liked the vert. The base Mustangs now come well equipped. I am not quite as fond of the Pre 2015 Mustangs, but the 5.0s can be very fast.

Lots of cool people driving Fords, Dodges, and other stuff too. I am on my 6th Camaro/Firebird, but I have also owned Mustangs too.

If you only think about buying one type of car you are definitely missing out.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 04:39 PM   #94
neutral

Drives: Ask.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
If you only think about buying one type of car you are definitely missing out.
For sure. Brand loyalty (or hate) is for suckers. Who knows, my next car might be a Mustang, a Camaro, or something entirely different. The badge is never a factor in my search.
neutral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 03:54 PM   #95
Trans damm

Drives: Trans am
Without reading any of this thread and just answering the topic question, I have hated mustangs with a passion till the 03 cobra. Then hated them again till the last GT500 and now like the 550 and would buy a Gt350r if Chevy dropped the ball with the Z version. Then next GT500 or whatever they call it might have me after the Gen 6 Z.
Trans damm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 09:42 PM   #96
joemosfet

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trans damm View Post
Without reading any of this thread and just answering the topic question, I have hated mustangs with a passion till the 03 cobra. Then hated them again till the last GT500 and now like the 550 and would buy a Gt350r if Chevy dropped the ball with the Z version. Then next GT500 or whatever they call it might have me after the Gen 6 Z.
It just blows my mind how you can hate a marvel of engineering and a powerful american sports car. And not just a simple dislike - I mean "hate with a passion" - to me this sounds like you wish Mustangs didn't even exist, and that those who drive them are bad people who don't deserve to live.

As a car lover, I can't find myself hating any vehicle. Sure, I think the Pontiac Aztek is ugly and I think the interior in Hondas feel cheap and thin, as compared to what I'm used to.

But to say that I hate any of those vehicles? To say that "I hate them with a passion" ? That's banana pants crazy, to me.
2014 Stingray Premiere Edition Coupe #142/500 Z51 3LT M7 Laguna Blue, Magride, NPP, Exposed Carbon Fiber Roof, Carbon Fiber Dash, Suede Wrapped Interior

Canceled: 2016 Camaro Coupe 1AK37 2SS Coupe, G7E Garnet Red, BRJ Adrenaline Red Trim, F55 Magnetic Ride, NPP Exhaust, CF5 Sunroof, 56R Gray Split spoke w/ machined face, RN2 LPO Illuminated Bowtie, VYW Premium Floor Mats, W2D LPO Cargo Net

Last edited by joemosfet; 10-04-2015 at 09:54 PM.
joemosfet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 10:04 PM   #97
Trans damm

Drives: Trans am
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemosfet View Post
It just blows my mind how you can hate a marvel of engineering and a powerful american sports car. And not just a simple dislike - I mean "hate with a passion" - to me this sounds like you wish Mustangs didn't even exist, and that those who drive them are bad people who don't deserve to live.

As a car lover, I can't find myself hating any vehicle. Sure, I think the Pontiac Aztek is ugly and I think the interior in Hondas feel cheap and thin, as compared to what I'm used to.

But to say that I hate any of those vehicles? To say that "I hate them with a passion" ? That's banana pants crazy, to me.
Hated was past tense. And I never said anything about people who drive them or them deserving to live. Lmao. They were ugly cars and under performing imo. So yeah I hated them with a passion. Ford stepped up there game big time and as I said I have thought a lot about a gt350r. And I consider myself a car lover as well but I do hate some cars.
Trans damm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 10:21 PM   #98
joemosfet

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
That's very interesting to me,

Hated them with a passion. Like, your hatred for them would keep you up at night. It consumed you, to the point where it was often in your mind, as you took a shower, while on the elevator at work... You were passionate about hating them, you'd go on campaigns to let other people know they should hate it too, post flyers, "Beware the Mustang!" and head up to Dearborn with some big posters to picket the outside of the Ford factory, "WHAT DO WE WANT? LESS MUSTANGS! WHEN DO WE WANT IT! NOW!"

Anyway, that's what I would call hating it with a passion. Heh, I don't think I hate "with a passion." I hate balsamic vinegar, I think it smells like death and tastes even worse. But I most definitely wouldn't say I hate it with a passion.

The opposite is probably true, though, I can say I am very passionate about my new Camaro order. To the point where it consumes me, where I think about it in the shower, or on the elevator at work.

Though something tells me I'm not the only one with that feeling.

2014 Stingray Premiere Edition Coupe #142/500 Z51 3LT M7 Laguna Blue, Magride, NPP, Exposed Carbon Fiber Roof, Carbon Fiber Dash, Suede Wrapped Interior

Canceled: 2016 Camaro Coupe 1AK37 2SS Coupe, G7E Garnet Red, BRJ Adrenaline Red Trim, F55 Magnetic Ride, NPP Exhaust, CF5 Sunroof, 56R Gray Split spoke w/ machined face, RN2 LPO Illuminated Bowtie, VYW Premium Floor Mats, W2D LPO Cargo Net
joemosfet is offline   Reply With Quote