Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-27-2022, 12:45 PM   #1
tlr3715

Drives: 2002 Z28, 2023 1LT RS Redline
Honoring LT1 Lease Promotion?

Chevy has a lease promotion for the LT1 Camaro, but I cannot seem to find any dealer willing to honor it. From forum posts it seems this lease promotion has been going on for a while and some have even been able to take advantage of it.

I’ve had two dealer experiences around this so far and none have gone well. At my local dealer I showed them a print out of a lease price around $429 a month with less than $6,000 due at signing for an LT1 configuration I wanted. They took the paper to the back and came back saying it would be $640 a month for that car price. Didn’t even acknowledge the promotion. They didn’t have any in stock and would have to order it.

For an out of state dealer with an LT1 in inventory I applied online using Chevrolets click and buy service again with a similar lease payment advertised. They called me back and stated they would only sell out of state if I had a trade in.

It seems like it’s the Wild West right now with dealers doing whatever they want. I ordered a 2lt V6 as it was the only way to get the payments down to what I was looking for for $1000 over MSRP (negotiated them down from $2000) but they have yet to receive allocation.

Anyone know if it is possible to order an LT1 and lease it with the promotion advertised, or a dealer willing to honor it with one in stock?
tlr3715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 01:09 PM   #2
PostalLDMC

Drives: 2022 2LT RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlr3715 View Post
Chevy has a lease promotion for the LT1 Camaro, but I cannot seem to find any dealer willing to honor it. From forum posts it seems this lease promotion has been going on for a while and some have even been able to take advantage of it.

I’ve had two dealer experiences around this so far and none have gone well. At my local dealer I showed them a print out of a lease price around $429 a month with less than $6,000 due at signing for an LT1 configuration I wanted. They took the paper to the back and came back saying it would be $640 a month for that car price. Didn’t even acknowledge the promotion. They didn’t have any in stock and would have to order it.

For an out of state dealer with an LT1 in inventory I applied online using Chevrolets click and buy service again with a similar lease payment advertised. They called me back and stated they would only sell out of state if I had a trade in.

It seems like it’s the Wild West right now with dealers doing whatever they want. I ordered a 2lt V6 as it was the only way to get the payments down to what I was looking for for $1000 over MSRP (negotiated them down from $2000) but they have yet to receive allocation.

Anyone know if it is possible to order an LT1 and lease it with the promotion advertised, or a dealer willing to honor it with one in stock?
I know it's a long way but over in Il. they have MSRP on Camaros. Ind. marks the MSRP up. not sure about Wis. A friend just got one out of Naperville at MSRP.
PostalLDMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 01:20 PM   #3
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
If you're willing to buy out of state in MO, PM me and I will give you the contact info of the dealer I am using.

They are a high volume LT1 dealer, and I think he would honor the lease special as they sell MSRP no questions asked.
Old 09-27-2022, 07:08 PM   #4
RayKinStL

Drives: 2022 LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
If you're willing to buy out of state in MO, PM me and I will give you the contact info of the dealer I am using.

They are a high volume LT1 dealer, and I think he would honor the lease special as they sell MSRP no questions asked.
Being from Missouri, I'm just curious who it is.
RayKinStL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 10:03 AM   #5
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
Those Lease deals only apply to the car in the ad, and how that car is equipped. If equipment is different from the ad vehicle than the deal does not apply.
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 10:11 AM   #6
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayKinStL View Post
Being from Missouri, I'm just curious who it is.
Jim Trenary Chevy in O'Fallen.
Old 10-04-2022, 12:33 PM   #7
tlr3715

Have some new info on this lease promotion and spoke to a few more dealers who had LT1 in stock.

Two of them were more bad experiences. A dealer in AL simply said “we don’t do leases” and one in NY did not list the selling price of the car online and refused to provide it over the phone instead trying to pressure me into visiting the sales manager in person.

Two were better and do indeed confirm a lease promotion exists. Spoke to Jim at O’Fallon in MO who acknowledged the lease payment I was seeing online and said they could offer it. But unfortunately stated he would run some numbers and get back to me which he has not for over a week. So +1 for honoring advertised leases -1 for follow-through.

Lastly I spoke with Wally of Karl Chevrolet in CT and had a nice honest conversation with him. They are selling an LT1 at MSRP. We looked at the promo together and found some interesting info. So the promotion being advertised is very specific to a certain configuration of an LT1 and also has stips about needing an existing GM lease. These types of gimmicks have been around for a while and are just meant to get people in doors. But then I pointed out that on the Chevy configurator you can option an LT1 any way you like and the 48 month 10.000 mile lease comes out to a payment of $12.09 per thousand of MSRP. Much better ratio than any other model. He looked into it and yes, anyone can get that lease. Even provided numbers in writing to me with different down payments.

The LT1 they have has many more options than I was looking for so am not too interested in it but have been talking to him about potentially ordering one. Just need to know what their allocation looks like and if they can confirm they will be able to offer those lease payments at time of delivery.

So yes, this lease exists and there are some honest dealers out there. Hope this info helps others who may be looking into LT1s.
Old 10-04-2022, 12:42 PM   #8
04DetroitLS

I just leased a 22 lt1
Check Edmunds for updates but the mf on a 22 LT1 was .00154 a 23 was like .002xx
SS was worse and the ZL1 worked out to like 9%apr :P
The rv should be in the low 60s depending on location, that'll determine your lease. Most example leases are BASE base models (like 38k lt1 almost no options)
When picing leases get the dealer to send you a lease worksheet with all their numbers including MF used. Some will market price +3k or charge you $750 for nitrogen in the tires/ $2k for lifetime car wash etc. Stay away from dealers w "lifetime warranty"

I shopped everything east of Texas when I was looking and only found a handful of dealers w LT1 enroute/in stock that would do msrp.

If you hit a wall feel free to dm me
04DetroitLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 12:47 PM   #9
04DetroitLS

Btw, no dealers I talked to would lock lease rates on ordered cars
Old 10-04-2022, 04:51 PM   #10
tlr3715

You are correct. I would expect to get the lease terms available at the time of delivery just like how interest rates on a finance could change. But still should be in the same ballpark. I had dealers quote me a $640/month lease when the website is saying it should be more like $429, that is more than rates changing over time. It’s probably the dealer going with a different lease company because they get more kickback from them.
Old 10-04-2022, 07:50 PM   #11
04DetroitLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlr3715 View Post
You are correct. I would expect to get the lease terms available at the time of delivery just like how interest rates on a finance could change. But still should be in the same ballpark. I had dealers quote me a $640/month lease when the website is saying it should be more like $429, that is more than rates changing over time. It’s probably the dealer going with a different lease company because they get more kickback from them.
Or they just mark up the MF and add additional items to make $$$
Without seeing the lease quote and MF used to configure the rate its hard to tell
I had one dealer tell me $3k "market price" and almost $5k of dealer add ons (for a total of +$8k on a $41k car)... so anything is possible.

What state are you in? I know dealers are REAL bad down here in FL

do you have a link to the $429 deal?
Old 10-04-2022, 09:23 PM   #12
tlr3715

No link. Simply configure any LT1 you want using the builder on the Chevy website, then on the summary page choose the 48 month lease at 10,000 miles and you will see the favorable payment/MSRP ratio. I am in NY but have been looking all over the country. I think I have contacted every dealer with an LT1 in inventory in a 1000 mile radius. Unfortunately the few who are willing to honor the lease price at MSRP have cars with more options than I want or am looking to pay for, so my search continues until the 2LT I ordered gets allocation.
Old 10-05-2022, 10:20 PM   #13
donniedarko

Drives: 2021 LT1 A10 RS
I secured the 1LZ lease as described. 0$ dep 0$ down 279$ I spe’d up into 3.0 infotainment and RS package. Non NPP. 340$ mo I had employee pricing as well.

My buy out price and everything super good. So happy.

I used a car broker and how I secured car. The smoothest car buy ever had in my life. Broker was 495$ paid at delivery/pickup of vehicle.

Hes in Florida happy to fwd info. Hope that doesnt break any forum rules. Im in California for what its worth.
donniedarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 05:51 PM   #14
nametaken

Drives: 2023 SS 1LE
I've bought a ton of cars over the years, Chevy has been the worst hands down to deal with, I've tried to buy a Camaro a few years ago and walked away due to it, I just happened to find one that was no hassle MSRP on a 1LE, but I'll take it in this market.
nametaken is offline   Reply With Quote