Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-14-2022, 07:47 PM   #15
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Recent (last week) Wall Street Journal article about a first time EV road trip experience.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/i-...s-a-nightmare/

Have at it EV folks. There will be ICE around longer than I'll be around so I see no need to switch.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 08:16 PM   #16
BUFW

Drives: Your Mom
https://www.autoblog.com/2022/06/14/...es-power-loss/

And here you go
BUFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 05:28 AM   #17
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
That’s a Mustang for you. If you charge it quickly or put the pedal down often you can permanently damage the battery and lose power. Not to worry though, it only affects HALF the Mach Es they’ve sold so far.

Keep pushing those EVs though. I read recently that EV ranges are improving dramatically, as long as you don’t drive over 70, use the AC, or turn on the headlights.

Schadenfreud.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 07:49 AM   #18
TexasRed5.9

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
actually in around town driving our honda civic is almost sports car like,and it will haul 5 people somewhat comfortably.its not a drag racer by any means but with gas at 5 bucks a gallon the camaro sits in the garage a lot more than id like to admit.you should try progressive lenses and sandals...youll thank me later
Old 06-15-2022, 08:20 AM   #19
ckt227

Drives: CHEVROLET CORVETTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palutz View Post
GM doesn’t care what anyone thinks so it’s a waste of time filling out surveys. Companies have become woke in every sense of the word.
Ditto. Mary Berra couldn't give two sh!ts about your opinion. Perfect example is when GM's third floor decided to scrap the Pontiac Trans Am (along with Camaro in 02) and thought to replace it with the Pontiac Aztec would be a great idea.

How did that work out and who was their focus group? Walter White!!!!!
ckt227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 10:04 AM   #20
Devstrike

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1
I didn't bother to do it because I knew it would be about EVs. My future purchases that wife and I are looking at after everything is paid off is a Truck to pull a trailer and it will be gas or diesel because an EV can't hold a candle to those Engines in range and braking. (yes I have experienced regen doesn't match up to diesel exhaust brake) The other one is possibly a 1SS with Mag Ride but at the same time I drove 1300 miles to my Dad's Funeral in my LT1 and ride wasn't that bad even in New York and Connecticut where I encountered the worse roads.
Sorry I rambled but basically that isn't why I haven't bothered with the GM survey too one sided.
Devstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 11:05 AM   #21
Gen6cyl

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2021 ,rs, v6, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin19 View Post
I recieved an email questionnaire from GM about buying an EV. Deleted it and then got another one two days later. Decided to end this by completing the questionnaire. First question answer 1-10, would you buy an EV? I answered 1, questionnaire immediately closed and never recieved another one. Guess they didn't like my answer.
You killed any hope for an EV Camaro. lol
Gen6cyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 11:16 AM   #22
Anjilslaire

Drives: 2021 3LT RS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
you should try progressive lenses and sandals...youll thank me later

Hey man I have progressive lenses (both regular & sunglasses) and I can't go back
Anjilslaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 11:19 AM   #23
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
they are the bomb...i live in florida,so its very rare that i dont wear sandals.on cold days its sandals and overalls...
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote