Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-27-2021, 04:36 PM   #1
Kerry

Drives: 2019 2SS Camaro
JBA Headers Update

Anyone use or try these headers? So looks like Kooks are king and very expensive make the most power. Looking at them they do look good with close pipe lengths.
But I am looking for cooler unhood temps and maybe a little power. So i ordered up some pacesetters. lol Probably a little more than half the price by the time their coated. but ceramic coated looks like that drops about 500 degrees. That's a ton here's a video seems pretty good.

So Im gonna try these out and see how they do. I can see hp tq in my tune and it was close to dyno numbers with the way its set up. Fingers crossed I don't loose power

Last edited by Kerry; 12-27-2021 at 10:34 PM.
Kerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 10:25 PM   #2
smokeybrown
Lowe's Pro

Drives: 2022 LT1
Also interested in these.
smokeybrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 05:13 AM   #3
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Buy once, cry once.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 05:28 AM   #4
Aaron07

Drives: 2017 2SS F1FTY
JBA were popular on the 5th gens. Don't know much about them other then that.
2017 2SS F1FTY/HUD/Mag Ride/NPP/Nav/M6/Mishimoto catch can/BTR stage 2 Cam kit/GPI ported LT2 IM and 95mm TB/Roto Fab CAI/Kooks Long Tubes ceramic coated/Borla S Type NPP catback/AFE lowering springs/1LE wheels/OEM smoked tail lights/Diode Dynamics side markers/Uniden R7/3D Maxpider floor mats/Adams graphene ceramic coat
Aaron07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 07:22 AM   #5
Spaceme1117

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS, 2011 Corvette GS
Get the Kooks. Best place to buy them is RDP Store. And they have a coupon code (kok12d) that takes 12% off the price.
Spaceme1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 08:26 AM   #6
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
I did Kooks in my 2016 SS, nice headers. This time I did TSP headers at half the cost and got them ceramic coated. I can’t tell the difference in regards to fit, quality, and looks. But I can tell you TSP headers are a lot cheaper and do the job just fine.
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 09:18 AM   #7
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackbeastSS2 View Post
I did Kooks in my 2016 SS, nice headers. This time I did TSP headers at half the cost and got them ceramic coated. I can’t tell the difference in regards to fit, quality, and looks. But I can tell you TSP headers are a lot cheaper and do the job just fine.
I am leaning hard in this direction as well.
LT1ornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 03:39 PM   #8
Kerry

Well looks like ts sells the jbas as well
Old 12-28-2021, 04:29 PM   #9
Spaceme1117

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS, 2011 Corvette GS
I have gone down the road of Texas Speed headers, JBA, OBX, ARH.

By far the best header brand is Kooks. I have Kooks on a total of 5 different cars and Kooks fit the best every time.

As for ceramic coating, if you are going to spend money on that, what's the deal with cheaping out on the headers themselves?
Spaceme1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 04:45 PM   #10
Kerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceme1117 View Post
I have gone down the road of Texas Speed headers, JBA, OBX, ARH.

By far the best header brand is Kooks. I have Kooks on a total of 5 different cars and Kooks fit the best every time.

As for ceramic coating, if you are going to spend money on that, what's the deal with cheaping out on the headers themselves?
Time will tell that answer.
Old 12-28-2021, 05:42 PM   #11
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Kooks and TSP headers are both made of 304 Stainless Steel, IMO Kooks is like Nike runners. Your paying for the name.

Now that I have done both I see no difference for the performance angle or believe me if one company had the greatest headers everyone would have them. The ceramic coating has nothing to do with the headers performance it’s all about keeping the heat down. Everyone has a choice and can pick which ever one they want, I am just offering my recent experience in two Gen 6 builds. If you just want to buy the most expensive headers then Kooks and American Race Headers are the ones for you.
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 06:30 PM   #12
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
it has been my experience that most all stainless headers are going to perform & fit almost exactly the same. they all have stories supporting and denying fitment. i've had/used/installed just about every header known to man for a street car over the last 20 years.

the only thing a kooks or ar header has over anything else is "made in america". actual fitment & performance are identical.
Old 12-28-2021, 06:50 PM   #13
Kerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackbeastSS2 View Post
Kooks and TSP headers are both made of 304 Stainless Steel, IMO Kooks is like Nike runners. Your paying for the name.

Now that I have done both I see no difference for the performance angle or believe me if one company had the greatest headers everyone would have them. The ceramic coating has nothing to do with the headers performance it’s all about keeping the heat down. Everyone has a choice and can pick which ever one they want, I am just offering my recent experience in two Gen 6 builds. If you just want to buy the most expensive headers then Kooks and American Race Headers are the ones for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
it has been my experience that most all stainless headers are going to perform & fit almost exactly the same. they all have stories supporting and denying fitment. i've had/used/installed just about every header known to man for a street car over the last 20 years.

the only thing a kooks or ar header has over anything else is "made in america". actual fitment & performance are identical.

Old 12-28-2021, 07:19 PM   #14
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
I've used OBX, TSP, SW, etc. No brand has any advantage over the others. Well, maybe the finish...Kooks, ARH, SP, and other big names do a little more for the finish. But that is all looks. So unless you're entering your car into a show then it won't matter. Even in a show it's not like they can see a lot of the headers anyway. And I don't think they're gonna crawl under your car either.

Other than that it used to be that Kooks and ARH and other premium brands provided extra brackets etc to make install go more smoothly. Not that it was needed on the 5th Gens since there was ample room and clearance. However it was nice. I'm not sure if they do that for the 6th Gen or if it possible or necessary. But tge cheapos install with the same difficulty level as the pricey brands so it's not needed.

Buy what you want more, prefer, and like better. Buy what you can afford. Go expensive, cheap, it won't matter. They'll all fit the same and offer the same performance so you can't go wrong no matter what you buy.

My only suggestion is to go 2" as opposed to 1-7/8s. But even that is simply your preference and choice. Enjoy.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote