Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-14-2019, 02:30 PM   #29
3.8TransAM

Drives: SS 1LE, 89 TTA, 91 GTA, 91 Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by detamble13 View Post
I like the look of the car and have no problem driving it. Are you commenting based on personal experience or what you've read in every car mag?
That being said I'm sure the Camaro can be made more pratical while retaining it's sportiness. But this is not a minivan.
I think a number of people would like to pull the trigger and buy a muscle car but practicality usually wins out. We get thumbs up and positive comments from people that wish they had the balls to actually buy what they want. Not many other purchases will inspire strangers to compliment you.

Both, just like I said in what I posted. People like us aren't bothered by that and the chassis is good enough to mask the issues, especially once you settle into the car.

THE GENERAL PUBLIC does not see it that way and they make or break a car not us. Also anyone who lets a car into production where the belt line and where your arm lays does not work together should have their ass kicked before neutering.

I've spent a good amount of time in a 6th gen now, the car is awesome! GM did some dumbass things that could have made it truly great if they listened in the first place.
3.8TransAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 03:00 PM   #30
rburke76

Drives: garnet red
4 cylinder turbo guy here...

I love camaros since day one...but the problem has always been that the camaro has to compete to some degree with the other 2 door fast car that GM has and that is the Corvette. Ford just has the Mustang. Chrylsler just has the Challenger. Yeah there is the charger and Chrysler 500 but they are 4 doors. If Gm would drop the Corvette, and then the Camaro would take the complete center stage. Then you would see even more color combinations, the Z28, more commercials, more marketing, etc...just sayin!....
rburke76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 03:12 PM   #31
Abubaca

Drives: 2016 SS
Quote:
If they kill it, I will never buy another GM vehicle.

They already did. For 7 years.
Abubaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 03:13 PM   #32
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlz View Post
Holy smokes! Challenger is still milking a basic design that is over 10 years old. Kudos to them. This is going to be a case study in marketing courses.
Its the same PF but they constently tweak the drive train chassis and body molding. But most of all they know how to market. GM too stupid to figure it out.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 03:23 PM   #33
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
i have to think the base vette will be tough competition for a loaded SS.i think GM realises this,but the base T4 and 6 cylinder cars are amazing in their own right,and you could haul 2 small people in the back seat.try that in the vette...
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 03:26 PM   #34
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.8TransAM View Post
Here is the answer GM is run by dumbasses.

How could you let the narrow window slits thru to production. The stupid belt line height that leaves you nowhere to place your left arm. A trunk that could be worth a damn, but there is that belt line making it a narrow slit again.

Those are all things normal people look for and it about a near pass as it can get if they feel any of those things.

We know once you get in the car and drive those issues literally melt away because the chassis is that good. The general public doesn't and never will.

Low seating position doesn't wreck sales, people not being able to see wrecks sales. The belt line does that wonderfully regardless of how well the car truly is.

Hell, if they were smart they could do a redesign changing only the belt line and making it have real windows and they would have a sure thing on their hands.....

They don't even need to do any of that. With some brain power and good marketing campaign would have these cars flying off the sales lots. They have zero marketing which equal very poor sales.
Old 11-14-2019, 03:31 PM   #35
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rburke76 View Post
I love camaros since day one...but the problem has always been that the camaro has to compete to some degree with the other 2 door fast car that GM has and that is the Corvette. Ford just has the Mustang. Chrylsler just has the Challenger. Yeah there is the charger and Chrysler 500 but they are 4 doors. If Gm would drop the Corvette, and then the Camaro would take the complete center stage. Then you would see even more color combinations, the Z28, more commercials, more marketing, etc...just sayin!....

Camaro and Corvette have always both been rather successful while coexisting. Two different types of cars.

Last edited by MackSteelPrivateEye; 11-14-2019 at 03:36 PM. Reason: w
Old 11-14-2019, 03:42 PM   #36
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
Just for some perspective:

Mustang sales for 2018 were ~75,000 units
Challenger sales were ~66,000 units
Camaro sales were ~51,000 units

Camry Sales were ~343,500 units for U.S. market.

In each case, sales have been down ~25% over the last year or 2 years. GM is able to do some platform sharing that helps reduce unit costs. Still, the trend is that passenger car sales are falling.
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 04:55 PM   #37
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
Are we having fun yet? GM should let everyone here at camaro6 run the company, we would break it in about 2 months.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 05:01 PM   #38
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
True words Smokin19!!
Old 11-14-2019, 05:07 PM   #39
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

If Dodge does a factory one of these they will sell even mo'.

Looks cool. A factory one will definatley raise value over time.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Cust...DI0ZcHu0U7Z9M:
Old 11-14-2019, 05:27 PM   #40
Drews

Drives: '02 Camaro SS, '69 Z/28 , '20 ZL1
"Smokin19" ...thats really funny, ...ahh that feels good to laugh.
Drews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 05:27 PM   #41
Rayvan
Rayvan

Drives: 2018 1SS1LE, Silver Ice Metallic
I'm totally okay with exactly how it is. I'm okay being "one of the few that know" what these cars are all about. I like how only people that know what these cars can do are the ones buying them.

I don't like the Dodge commercials, and if I owned one, I'd be embarrassed how they advertise. Oh, I know they're working, but their marketing team makes their cars look like nobody but an idiot would buy them, and that all they're good for is smoking tires. It's actually quite laughable, but then again, there's a lot of idiots out there, and Dodge is making money. Whatever.

I'm kind of glad Camaro people aren't lumped into that scene. If you're buying cars based on what Dodge is putting on TV, you deserve a boring, truck-sized, one-trick pony that can only smoke tires. It's quite fun to watch the videos posted on YouTube. Never gets old watching an expensive 800 HP RedEye Mopar get beat by a V6 1LE Camaro (Lightning Lap), or even a Front-wheel-drive Civic R. (Throttle House) on a track.
Rayvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 05:39 PM   #42
Drews

Drives: '02 Camaro SS, '69 Z/28 , '20 ZL1
I also strongly agree with "MachSteelPrivateEye" on the marketing point of view. Even since the very beginning of the Camaro. Go see the first Camaro commercials when the car was first released and compare to Ford mustang commercials... , i personally find GM/Chevrolet to be very "low-profile" when it comes to Camaro publicity.
But hey! ... lets look at it from the good side of things guys... at least we are driving (at least some of you are...i'm still waiting for my car to be built!) ... as i was saying, ...you guys are driving rare , stylish automobiles that not everyone on the same street of you has.
My opinion.
Drews is offline   Reply With Quote