Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 06-29-2019, 06:58 AM   #1
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
New Camaro advertisement

Well, the people at GM have made me mad. It seems I have seen the new advertisement for the Camaro looking Blazer more times than I care to admit. Why in the hell can't they put that same amount of effort into advertising the Camaro?

You watch the commercial and all the people in it are commenting about it's good looks and wanting one. But, yet not one damn commercial for our Camaro. And you wonder why GM, your Camaro sales are in the tank? Good luck on trying to sell a vehicle 100% made in Mexico, that is entirely overpriced to begin with.

So, this is what GM has done to our beloved Camaro, turned it into an SUV. This is their plan going forward and why we have seen articles telling of the demise of the Camaro. Sorry for the rant but, just had to get it off my chest.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 09:02 AM   #2
dohvb1

Drives: 2018 Hot Wheels Camaro 2SS
You are going to get the same responses when advertising discussions pop up in other threads. People on here think because GM is a big corporation with lots of money they know what they are doing and they have done the research and concluded that advertising won't work. That GM is so smart they couldn't possibly make a mistake like that. Of course that theory doesn't explain how the 2019 refresh got through.

So you have a car that outperforms the competition yet is last in sales. To me it comes down to two issues. Advertising and poor visibility, both things many on here claim is a none issue. Advertising is more than commercials. There aren't many but there are Mustang commercials. Not to mention, the Bullit Mustang is advertising. All the teasers the last year for the GT500 have been one big advertising campaign. Most people aren't going to get a GT500 but it sure as hell grows interest in the brand.

Imagine if GM started doing that with the Z/28. Build anticipation, leak spy footage, get people excited and talking about the brand. To think advertising doesn't help sales is pretty foolish.
dohvb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 09:06 AM   #3
zts1986
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT 2.0T
They’re idiots. They’re idiots who drove themselves into bankruptcy and destroyed great brands like Oldsmobile and Pontiac. They learned absolutely nothing and the new leadership is all about trucks and SUVs.
zts1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 09:14 AM   #4
Marty31

Drives: 2019 ZL1 A10
Who cares about an advertisement for a car you already have?
Marty31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 09:15 AM   #5
zts1986
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty31 View Post
Because you want more people to join the fun? The more people who buy these things, the more GM will put into the program.
zts1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 09:39 AM   #6
Smokin19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty31 View Post
I think there are many here on the formum that care about the Camaro and its future. Yes, I have mine but, I would like for my grandsons to know the thrill of owning a new Camaro.
I also think the muscle car era will die off in the future but, I prefer not to let the streets become dominant with Hellcats and Mustangs.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Old 06-29-2019, 09:51 AM   #7
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
You’re preaching to the choir on here Smokin! I totally agree with you but Chevy can’t survive on sales of Camaros and Corvettes alone. People are wanting and buying SUVs and trucks now so that is the focus on vehicle sales. The future seems to be electric and self driving vehicles and government run rail systems so I’m going to enjoy my ZL1 to the fullest extent while we still can!
Old 06-29-2019, 10:02 AM   #8
Smokin19

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
You’re preaching to the choir on here Smokin! I totally agree with you but Chevy can’t survive on sales of Camaros and Corvettes alone. People are wanting and buying SUVs and trucks now so that is the focus on vehicle sales. The future seems to be electric and self driving vehicles and government run rail systems so I’m going to enjoy my ZL1 to the fullest extent while we still can!
I agree Greg. But, if GM even remotely monitors this site they should know this. You can garner a lot more good will with future buyers by being faithful to those that got you this far. Meaning, my father bought GM and now I do. Should I teach my young grandsons not to buy GM products? Brand loyalty is probably a thing of the past but, generational buying habits can be passed down.
Old 06-29-2019, 10:02 AM   #9
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
somebody can make Camaro ads
Old 06-29-2019, 10:14 AM   #10
LT4Greg

I agree with you Smokin! I’m a product of brand loyalty too because that’s all my folks ever bought when I was growing up. They did like Buicks and Cadillacs though and I always liked Chevrolets. The younger generations don’t seem to have brand loyalty to anything except cell phones and electronic devices and most don’t care what brand of car they drive or if they even drive! Enjoy the times that we are living in now and enjoy the heck out of your ZL1!
Old 06-29-2019, 10:18 AM   #11
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
somebody can make Camaro ads
Hell yeah that's great!
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 10:27 AM   #12
LT4Greg

Yeah that video/commercial is awesome and with right hand drive Camaros! Hell yeah!!
Old 06-29-2019, 10:45 AM   #13
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Impressive video. Equally impressive is their video of the re-engineering process.

Mark114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 11:04 AM   #14
Smokin19

One thing is for sure, these articles of late on the Camaros demise, has kicked a hornet's nest. Camaros are getting a lot of press now aren't they?