Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 11-10-2022, 05:47 PM   #1
Kerry

Drives: 2019 2SS Camaro
Blow off valve

So at what point in the amount of boost should i go from the proflow valve to the I guess race valve. I get a cherp when I let off. Is that normal or compressor surge? Im sure its the belt cherping?
Kerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 11:16 AM   #2
LT1ornothing

Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
So at what point in the amount of boost should i go from the proflow valve to the I guess race valve. I get a cherp when I let off. Is that normal or compressor surge? Im sure its the belt cherping?
I would be running the race valve with the current set up you have.
Old 11-11-2022, 12:34 PM   #3
Kerry

Drives: 2019 2SS Camaro
found some info

700 HP OR LESS
ProFlow Valve: The ProFlow valve is the standard surge valve option for our street supercharger systems and kits. Compact in size,
it can be fitted into tight spots when space is limited. Its butterfly valve is extremely durable and reliable, and this design creates a straight airflow path which acheives excellent flow for its size. The ProFlow valve can also be paired with a small air filter to minimize noise.

Bullet Valve: This surge valve’s compact design also makes it fit easily in tight spaces.
It comes in both an open and closed format. The closed format allows you to recirculate air back into the system, or instead to run to an air filter to minimize noise.

701-1200 HP
Race Valve: This is the industry leading surge valve for both street and race applications. The larger valve diameter is designed for high flow applications.

1201-3500 HP
Competition Valve: Designed with the Pro Mod racer in mind; compact, light and fast acting. For use as a pair in applications above 3,000 HP.

ProRace Valve: One ProRace Valve outflows any other single valve on the market and is our highest-hp bypass valve option. This massive flow capacity comes from a piston style valve design (patent pending) that allows for a significant increase in curtain area over traditional style valves, while still fitting into a reasonably sized package. It also incorporates a v-band clamp for an easy install.

OPEN VS. CLOSED BYPASS VALVES
Open – Vents to atmosphere and creates a distinctive “whoosh,” when the throttle blade suddenly closes, which a lot of people enjoy the sound.

Closed – Vents to an external air filter or an internal tube for rerouting excess boost pressure back upstream of supercharger for a more quiet and subtle sound. More ideal for street applications where someone wants more of a silent or stealth operation of the supercharger.

For street applications, our complete systems and tuner kits come with the proper bypass valve based on the vehicle’s horsepower output level so, no need to worry about the right one. However, we do offer upgrade options for our Systems and Tuner Kits with our Race bypass valve family for those seeking a little more sound or those that like the cool look of the anodized finish of our Race bypass valves.
Kerry is offline   Reply With Quote