Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-13-2022, 05:29 PM   #1
zellis1984

Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro
2013 Camaro LT 3.6L Electrical Issues

I created post a post a month or two again seeking help for weird electrical issues going on with my car. The dash lights and radio flicker on and off when driving, it clicks when I go to start it and then fires. I got advice to change the battery and I have since done that and swapped the alternator because the issues were still going on after the new battery. Well the alternator swap didn’t help either. I’m not sure what the issue could be????
zellis1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 05:36 PM   #2
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
Check all of the grounding connectors.

But this type of thing is not really possible to diagnose over the internet.
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 11:39 PM   #3
Koelzmod

Drives: 2013 SS Camaro
I agree with gtstorey about checking all of your grounds. Have you had any work done to the car involving the dash being removed? Or engine work done under the hood? There are about 3 or 4 ground wires that have to be attached behind the dash cover. I'm not sure about the V6, but on the V8 there is a ground wire attached to the back of each cylinder head.They may be loose or unattached. There are also grounds on both sides of the engine. One ground is attached to the head near the oil dipstick tube on the passenger side. Another ground is attached far down on the frame to the motor, approximately below the jump start terminal on the drivers side. The other thing you can try, is to run some additional grounds of your own from the motor to the frame. I hope this helps you figure out the problem.
Koelzmod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 06:46 AM   #4
NOT A 45

Drives: 13 CAMARO 2SS LS3-04 SILVERADO LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zellis1984 View Post
I created post a post a month or two again seeking help for weird electrical issues going on with my car. The dash lights and radio flicker on and off when driving, it clicks when I go to start it and then fires. I got advice to change the battery and I have since done that and swapped the alternator because the issues were still going on after the new battery. Well the alternator swap didn’t help either. I’m not sure what the issue could be????
Do you have anything plugged into the diagnostic connector?
NOT A 45 is offline   Reply With Quote