Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 06-01-2016, 01:47 PM   #127
G6SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookShow'84 View Post
Exactly. What will my money get for me performance wise? That's how most people look at it. The Camaro enthusiast can beat the drum loud for a long time but at the end of the day it's competing with used cars and modders the whole time.

GM isn't sending my kids birthday cards, they don't care about me personally. They are here to make a profit. They can price things however they like. My post about the 2012 Mustang with a supercharger is real in the car market. If they want to get ridiculous with pricing people will just move to a product that they feel is worth their money.
You can do that with any car. That is always going to be an option. Not many people want to spend an extra 10k in parts and labor to add a super charger and the problems down the road the will have to deal with. There are always issues when you add FI to a car like, ALWAYS. People pay what they pay for new cars for the warranty, the "new" aspect of it such as new body style, new performance increases, and new technology.
G6SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 01:48 PM   #128
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vade46 View Post
I work at a dealer and it's still very hard to get these cars. I could sell many more of them if I could get my hands on em.
In my area there are some that have been sitting on the dealer lots for 3 months. Go to car Guru and search for new Camaros in your area, it will give the rundown on what is available and how long its been for sale. I still see the same cars that I test drove 3 months ago. I don't want those cars because I want the latest build date hoping they have the bugs worked out.
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 01:48 PM   #129
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
The '16 is overpriced only when you compare it to the Challenger or Mustang.

But neither of those cars has the performance, features, or bang for your buck that the SS does.

However - to most everyday buyers, those things matter less than the bottom line and live by the 'How much will my payment be?' mantra.

Cheaper Mustang/Challenger equals cheaper monthly payment, plain and simple.

We enthusiasts don't use that measurement as much as most but still, it is a HUGE factor to MOST buyers.
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 01:56 PM   #130
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posaune View Post
Advertising is a must especially when the new model looks so similar to the old model.
I can agree with that. I think the media reviews are not nearly as effective in advertising as some think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
The advantage to the 1SS is you can always add the door lighting and leather seats (either OEM takeoffs or Katzkin) later for less than the price of a 2SS upgrade.
True, if all you care about is leather and door lighting. To me the HUD, heated/cooled seats, better interior surfaces, BLS, and rear X traffic were what I wanted. That's where the 2SS offers a good deal, especially when you look at the disaster packaging in the LT cars. I think this was a major miss and could be why LTs aren't selling that well. Which is it carried the volume in past years. The 6th gen sales distribution is going to end up matching the Challenger at this rate.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 01:58 PM   #131
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven87 View Post
The '16 is overpriced only when you compare it to the Challenger or Mustang.

But neither of those cars has the performance, features, or bang for your buck that the SS does.

However - to most everyday buyers, those things matter less than the bottom line and live by the 'How much will my payment be?' mantra.

Cheaper Mustang/Challenger equals cheaper monthly payment, plain and simple.

We enthusiasts don't use that measurement as much as most but still, it is a HUGE factor to MOST buyers.
You're looking at it from a V8 perspective. The sales key is in the low end models. Need to find out why Camaro LTs aren't selling.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 01:59 PM   #132
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
IMO, and i know some dont want to hear it, This car is a computer and not a drivers car, that is nice for a Ero car but not a pony car, Camaro's where first and always a pony car, GM lost sight of that in this car, and in so doing they have moved away from there core buyers, in time this may work out for them, but now you need to sale this car to an all new market.

To me this car was made with a new set of people and they dont know what the car was, that gave them a blank sheet of paper, and they made it this way, not looking back on the heritage of the car.

After talking to some people with knowledge on what it took to bring the 5th gen to life, this car does not have the same fit of all panels and trim, we have to say this car is not in the same class as the 5th gen, no one believes this but its a fact.

I hope they sale a lot more cars so there is a 7th gen, and IMO the sooner the better.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 02:00 PM   #133
Posaune

Drives: Four wheels and an engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty McFlew View Post
In my area there are some that have been sitting on the dealer lots for 3 months. Go to car Guru and search for new Camaros in your area, it will give the rundown on what is available and how long its been for sale. I still see the same cars that I test drove 3 months ago. I don't want those cars because I want the latest build date hoping they have the bugs worked out.
Checked car guru (thanks for that site btw!) and searched for 2016 on the lot 30-200 days. Result was 136 within 50 miles. On the lot for 0-30 days was 99. Total of 235 2016 Camaros within 50 miles of my zip.
Posaune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 02:01 PM   #134
SpookShow'84
Bump in the night

Drives: '84 Monte Carlo SS, '15 Optima
Here's a question.

Why hasn't this car sold? Been for sale for a while and made the Camaro6 facebook newsfeed on 4/27/16. 655 likes, 125 shares, still sitting there with a good price.
http://www.donhallgmsupercenter.com/...-KY/2733344743
Old 06-01-2016, 02:08 PM   #135
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor5244 View Post
Bingo. Look at the new Miata. That car is up to $30k now but they average less than a 1000 sales per month. The FRS sells less than a 1000 per month.
Prior to the new Stingray, GM was selling less than 1000 Corvette per month.

Somehow they keep making these cars so...
Camaro has always been a performance car for the everyday working class man. Why change things now? Either they want to sell cars or they don't.
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 02:13 PM   #136
iroc_but5.0sdont
Account Suspended

Drives: 1991 camaro, iroc, 5.7, 350
The Mustang is an all new design

The Camaro is really just a refresh.

Stop the excuses and own it.
iroc_but5.0sdont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 02:15 PM   #137
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by iroc_but5.0sdont View Post

The mustang is an all new design that has been out since late 2014.

The 6th Gen is an all new design, new platform, new engine, trans, everything that has been out since what November?
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 02:17 PM   #138
ChevyRules

Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Quote:

The 2014 Camaro was a refresh. The 6th gen is all new. All new engine, transmission, suspension, and rides on a new platform( Alpha instead of Zeta).

The exterior design to you may look like a refresh, but by all means and definition, it's an all new car.
ChevyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 02:17 PM   #139
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Quote:

Stop the excuses and on it.
Refresh from the outside perhaps..

But the body frame, interior is an ALL new design along with the ENGINE.

I'm a performance oriented person, no way will I buy a 5.0 then tune it, add bolt-ons, killing my warranty just so it can keep up or beat an SS.

That was the big factor since I like both cars. However, I'm too old to be modding stuff so a fast car from factory is the way to go.
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 02:19 PM   #140
sschons74

Drives: 16 Camaro 1SS & 82 Silverado C10
I blame the dealerships by ordering fully loaded everything, and sticker shock is scaring customers away. I ordered a 1SS no options, because I wanted performance and could care less about extra options, except HUD would've been nice. I'm extremely satisfied with my car, the power, handling and cornering ability continue to amaze me.