Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-03-2019, 11:21 AM   #1
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
GM stop wasting my time

I have had it up to you know where with the Key recall, first we get two cards a week ( sent by snail mail ) and now E-mail to bring my car in, so now all there E-mail go to spam, done with this wast of time.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 11:36 AM   #2
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
I been getting weekly phone calls from my local dealer ship, where I get it serviced. I accidentally called them back once and I was like "oops got the wrong number. Click".

Last edited by witenite; 04-03-2019 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Spelling
witenite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 01:12 PM   #3
SS 310H55A

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
What’s this key recall all about?
Old 04-03-2019, 01:21 PM   #4
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
So, whats so aggravating about it? It comes in the mail with all the other junk...see it, throw it away. Email, click delete.
Like so many other things we spoiled Americans gripe about. Why do we feel compelled to answer the phone....to answer the door....to believe everything we read on the internet.
In the grand scope of things, nuisance mailings from GM should rank at the bottom.
I say this all in jest, of course, but c'mon man!
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 01:32 PM   #5
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Orange View Post
So, whats so aggravating about it? It comes in the mail with all the other junk...see it, throw it away. Email, click delete.
Like so many other things we spoiled Americans gripe about. Why do we feel compelled to answer the phone....to answer the door....to believe everything we read on the internet.
In the grand scope of things, nuisance mailings from GM should rank at the bottom.
I say this all in jest, of course, but c'mon man!
Just go in and change your key? Then you won't get anymore
I didn't change mine and if I gotta bring it in for something? Im going to tell them to leave my key alone. I didn't authorize anything but to fix what I brought my vehicle in for. If they change? Im asking for ALL of the pieces for me to put it back together. This aint Humpty Dumpty we dealing with here.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 01:44 PM   #6
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
I bought a new one and had GPI tweak my old one. Have 3 keys, 1 recalled, 2 blade... No more calls/mail/emails ;o)...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 02:01 PM   #7
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
You could just take the car in, get one key done and keep the other flip key. That's what I did. You can also just buy a new key and remote and keep the other 2. The're cheap for 5th gens.

They're not gonna stop spamming you since this is considered a safety recall.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 02:10 PM   #8
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
I'm a job creator by not getting my key recall done. If I had the recall done, a Chevy tech would cut a key and have it done. However, by not having it done a guy at GM is getting a job maintaining a list of me not having it done, the printer company guy made a sale of a printer, someone is selling the ink for the postcard to be sent, someone is printing the postcard. I'm employing the USPS to mail the card and someone to actually send the car to the USPS. I'm employing my local mailman (lady in this case). I'm keeping the recycle guy employed by taking away my recall postcard every time I get one which employs the gas station attendant that is responsible for gas the recycle truck fills up with. I'm stimulating the economy by not having my recall done!

While I guess it is true, I'm totally kidding on the above BS. Long story short, auto manufacturers will never get my e-mail if I can avoid it and who cares if they want to keep sending me post cards. I'll keep throwing them in the trash or recycle and they can keep spending money on my cards. It's not like any other junk mail I get IMO.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 02:20 PM   #9
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
I'm a job creator by not getting my key recall done. If I had the recall done, a Chevy tech would cut a key and have it done. However, by not having it done a guy at GM is getting a job maintaining a list of me not having it done, the printer company guy made a sale of a printer, someone is selling the ink for the postcard to be sent, someone is printing the postcard. I'm employing the USPS to mail the card and someone to actually send the car to the USPS. I'm employing my local mailman (lady in this case). I'm keeping the recycle guy employed by taking away my recall postcard every time I get one which employs the gas station attendant that is responsible for gas the recycle truck fills up with. I'm stimulating the economy! by not having my recall done!

While I guess it is true, I'm totally kidding on the above BS. Long story short, auto manufacturers will never get my e-mail if I can avoid it and who cares if they want to keep sending me post cards. I'll keep throwing them in the trash or recycle and they can keep spending money on my cards. It's not like any other junk mail I get IMO.
so true but read your sarcasm through it!

What’s funny is I never have and don’t live in Arizona. They knew I was in search of my car from 10yrs ago. They still call me to trade in and buy one from them. I never bought my car from them either. No one has my email from dealerships. And I’ll never get my keys done if I don’t have to. Possibly one if I go in for an issue I can’t fix myself. Hopefully a long while from now...

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 02:23 PM   #10
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
My dealer ordered the 2 keys. When I picked them up I told them I was just going to cut them off and re-install them into the switchblade anyway. They just handed them to me and marked the recall as done.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 02:46 PM   #11
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
I bought a new one and had GPI tweak my old one. Have 3 keys, 1 recalled, 2 blade... No more calls/mail/emails ;o)...

-Don
Think I'm gonna do this to stop the letters
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 02:53 PM   #12
Fish-man

Drives: too many to say!
lol... If the cards are done arriving at my house... it may be time to make a poster out of them. ;p
Fish-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 03:15 PM   #13
HawkeyeZL1

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1156, 2003 Silverado SS
Bought my car with the recalled keys and hated them. Converted them both back to switchblade keys. Much better.
2012 ZL1 #1156, born 5/8/2012. Rotofab cold air intake, Elite Engineering catch can, Texas Speed Long tube headers with off road connections and of course a tune by DynoSteve.
HawkeyeZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 03:26 PM   #14
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
I missed the switchblade for about a day. (key came w/ my 2015 - traded a 2012) Way over it now. Been carrying an ‘ignition key’ since 1973.