Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 01-02-2019, 11:28 AM   #1
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
2019 reverse lights.

So as many of you know the 2019 cars got new tail light, I think there not bad at all, some may not like them and that's fine,this is not about like or dislike.

Did you guys that have the new 19 car know in order to remove the tail lights you need to remove the bumper, yes this is like the 2014/15 cars, there are 2 screws per side that you cant remove with out removing the bumper.

So why this thread you ask, we have a way that you can replace the reverse bulb to LED that will not Keep your back up camera on(the one on the mylink screen), we have a harness that we can sale for a lot less money, but will need you to remove the bumper per install, or a second way that will be a lot more money, ( you don't need to remove that bumper) and i dont have a price on that one.

So this is to see what you guys think, let us know what you think and will go that route.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 11:35 AM   #2
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
I guess I don't understand the back-up camera part. If you switch to LED the camera stays on or something?
Old 01-02-2019, 12:22 PM   #3
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I guess I don't understand the back-up camera part. If you switch to LED the camera stays on or something?
Hi Mlee, yes when we put in LED bulbs with the old way of adding load resisters, the back up screen came on and stayed that way till we removed the LED and resisters.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote